arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first open-source web app, Blood Donation Diary.
I came across a resource that you might find useful: https://healthicons.org/. I have been looking through the library and there seems to be some great stuff, I for sure am going to be able to use these for my software development.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
@tbelldesignco thank you for your reference. I will obviously try out these Icons in my project. Found this project has many things to be done.
Thank you to post4vps and HostDare for my awesome VPS 12!
Check My first ever opensource project Alpana Blood Donation Drive .
(06-21-2021, 04:57 PM)debjit Wrote: @tbelldesignco thank you for your reference. I will obviously try out these Icons in my project. Found this project has many things to be done.

That is typically how development happens. My software went out for an internal private beta and the adoption was about 30% of what we sent out, but I have not received very much feedback, so either things are great and I am on a good path moving forward or folks are just a little stage shy to give honest feedback.
(06-21-2021, 07:00 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: That is typically how development happens. My software went out for an internal private beta and the adoption was about 30% of what we sent out, but I have not received very much feedback, so either things are great and I am on a good path moving forward or folks are just a little stage shy to give honest feedback.

Ahh, you are right. Creating a first-time open source project is a hard job. I tried to build a blood donation app and found people do not want to give feedback.
Well, they are getting everything for free but still the same.
Now I build a YT video about how to do that. That solves some of the repeated problems and questions I faced.
(06-22-2021, 07:49 AM)debjit Wrote: Ahh, you are right. Creating a first-time open source project is a hard job. I tried to build a blood donation app and found people do not want to give feedback.
Well, they are getting everything for free but still the same.
Now I build a YT video about how to do that. That solves some of the repeated problems and questions I faced.

That is why my project is not open-source Winking Tongue I would rather be paid to continue to develop and expand my project haha
(06-22-2021, 03:30 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: That is why my project is not open-source Winking Tongue I would rather be paid to continue to develop and expand my project haha

Yeah I think that whether a project should be open-source or not, sometimes, is not so difficult to decide.

For some of my previous projects, the customers requested me to make them open-source.

That said, I was actually paid to develop those projects on an open-source based. Smile

(06-23-2021, 09:15 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Yeah I think that whether a project should be open-source or not, sometimes, is not so difficult to decide.

For some of my previous projects, the customers requested me to make them open-source.

That said, I was actually paid to develop those projects on an open-source based. Smile

Fair enough, I know with TBCMS, it is going to be open source, but I am going to develop plugins and such that are going to be paid to help fund development and such.
(06-23-2021, 01:41 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: Fair enough, I know with TBCMS, it is going to be open source, but I am going to develop plugins and such that are going to be paid to help fund development and such.

It does sound like a good development project. May I ask if your plugins will go to be open-source as well?

In fact, I am a big fan of open-source projects. For that reason I would love to see more and more projects opt to the open-source path. Smile

(06-24-2021, 04:08 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: It does sound like a good development project. May I ask if your plugins will go to be open-source as well?

In fact, I am a big fan of open-source projects. For that reason I would love to see more and more projects opt to the open-source path. Smile

I am going to do free themes and plugins for folks to see how scripts hook into the system, but I will charge for custom themes and plugins especially since I will be pushing more of my clients to use TBCMS over wordpress once I start to integrate eCommerce and such into it.
Well doing opensource is always a good idea in this competitive environment. You can always make money with ads or just selling and supporting comes with your app. And people will support your journey if you are good enough. I am learning and creating what useful for me. And this project also helps solve some of the problems. This app is currently for tech-savvy people and I am creating video tutorials for people with no tech background.

Hello, It's been a while since I have updated my app. Can you please take some time off and see if you test this app for yourself? I am going to update this app next month and your help is very much appreciated. You can host this app for free using vercel or Heroku all the configuration is included with this version of the app. Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting