arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NAT] 40GB HDD, Unmetered Bandwidth, OVZ, 256MB RAM at 3$/y @ Wishosting
Note : This is a VPS review with affiliate links, nonaffiliated links are posted in the bottom of this post.

We all frequent cheap and rather good VPS for our many needs. From web site hosting, to game hosting, we all have a niche that we'd like to upload and host online. Here, I have a review/offer from Wishosting, who offer some excellent VPS hosting for rather incredibly cheap. (I wonder if this guy even makes a profit...)

This little NAT box contains the following :
Quote:1 vCPU core
256MB RAM
256MB Swap
40GB HDD
Unmetered bandwidth 250Mbps
IPv4 NAT
1 VM per account
Blocked by China GFW
DDoS protection
Location - France
Setup time up to 24 hours
Like most others, in order to keep costs low, this small OVZ and lack of IPv4 is hosted in the heart of France, along with many other providers. OVH, seamlessly with their quite reliable yet cheap network, one can achieve speeds and networking from the following. 

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
---------------------
Your public IPv4 is 46.xxx.xxx.153

Location                Provider        Speed
CDN                     Cachefly        69.4MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          1.45MB/s
Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       17.1MB/s
Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       13.3MB/s
San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       13.6MB/s
Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       3.95MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          7.56MB/s
Singapore               Softlayer       6.31MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         53.2MB/s
Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        73.8MB/s
As typical of European networking, this VPS excels at delivering speeds and content with in the European region and networking directly peered with them, but struggle overseas. This VPS is a perfect container to host website/content with people from the European region in mind.

Another cost saving feature of this NAT box that is then passed to you is the ommtion of any type of Xeon cores. This container relies on the help of a AMD Opteron Processor 4334.Although the stigma of AMD is still well alive and there, at least for these previous cores that are not based/part of the Zen/Ryzen/nor EYPC lineup, these still deliver some computional power worth while.
System Info
-----------
Processor       : AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 4334
CPU Cores       : 1
Frequency       : 3100.044 MHz
Memory          : 256 MB
Swap            : 256 MB
Uptime          : 9 days, 21:50,

OS              : Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
Kernel          : 2.6.32-042stab120.6
A run of Sysbench results with this:
root@2812:~# sysbench --test=cpu --cpu-max-prime=20000 run
sysbench 0.4.12:  multi-threaded system evaluation benchmark

Running the test with following options:
Number of threads: 1

Doing CPU performance benchmark

Threads started!
Done.

Maximum prime number checked in CPU test: 20000

Test execution summary:
   total time:                          21.0233s
   total number of events:              10000
   total time taken by event execution: 21.0188
   per-request statistics:
        min:                                  1.91ms
        avg:                                  2.10ms
        max:                                 74.16ms
        approx.  95 percentile:               2.38ms

Threads fairness:
   events (avg/stddev):           10000.0000/0.00
   execution time (avg/stddev):   21.0188/0.00
The 40GB of space provided is just that, nothing spectacular and there really isn't much about it nor RAID.
Disk Speed
----------
I/O (1st run)   : 34.2 MB/s
I/O (2nd run)   : 188 MB/s
I/O (3rd run)   : 483 MB/s
Average I/O     : 235.067 MB/s
Still provides ample I/O for all your needs, many small game servers will run good with the 256MB of RAM and the swap with some of this disk speed.

Now, let us talk about NAT, the underlying reason this VPS is not monthly and yearly. (And also randomly got blocked by the Great Firewall of China, how'd that happen?!). While you don't get full control of the IP, wishosting will provide you with 14 ports + 1 dedicated SSH port for many project.
This allows you to be able to run game servers, niche things, etc.

What if you want something dedicated, or what to run a web server on a regular port? IPv6 to the rescue. Each NAT VPS gets a natively routed, and OVH-backed IPv6 /112 subnet. The following are IPv6 only speedtests:

Speedtest (IPv6 only)
---------------------
Your public IPv6 is 2001:41d0:1:777c:xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Location                Provider        Speed
Atlanta, GA, US         Linode          20.2MB/s
Dallas, TX, US          Linode          17.5MB/s
Newark, NJ, US          Linode          26.7MB/s
Fremont, CA, US         Linode          954KB/s
Chicago, IL, US         Steadfast       9.00MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          8.35MB/s
Singapore               Linode          12.2MB/s

Frankfurt, Germany      Linode          17.3MB/s
London, UK              Linode          18.3MB/s
Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        47.1MB/s
Here is a link to the serverscope result.

Unlike other providers, who provide the standard SolusVM control panel for all OVZ needs, Wishosting uses the OpenNebula control panel (which @cubedata also codes a plugin for ordering with Blesta). A little more cleaner and definitely a whiter color tone, the panel provides adequate yet isn't totally used in whats its capable (for that, look at KVM hosting).
[Image: Open_Nebula_One.jpg]

[Image: Open_Nebula_Two.jpg]

[Image: Open_Nebula_Three.jpg]
[Image: Open_Nebula_Four.jpg]

One, Two, Three, Four

For what you get, the RAM/Network/Ample HDD, and just yearly makes this a good deal! (Link)

wishosting.com
only 3$ for Year? your title saying it. "[NAT] 40GB HDD, Unmetered Bandwidth, OVZ at 3$/y @ Wishosting"

So what about 2GB ram's VPS for a Year?
(06-24-2017, 06:37 PM)arsalahmed786 Wrote: only 3$ for Year? your title saying it. "[NAT] 40GB HDD, Unmetered Bandwidth, OVZ at 3$/y @ Wishosting"

So what about 2GB ram's VPS for a Year?

Yes, you've actually read that right, its 3$/year for that VPS. And because I know you didn't even read, I've edited the tittle to actually show the amount of RAM.

Also, 2GB of RAM VPSes are either specials and value hell of a lot more than 3$
(06-24-2017, 06:40 PM)Mr.Monkey Wrote: Yes, you've actually read that right, its 3$/year for that VPS. And because I know you didn't even read, I've edited the tittle to actually show the amount of RAM.

Also, 2GB of RAM VPSes are either specials and value hell of a lot more than 3$

Alright,
well we'll buy a VPS soon when our forum is complete. we will buy a VPS for game servers. we'll think about it soon.
Thanks for adding 1 more company in my compare-list.

We'll buy a VPS not sure on where from.
@Mr.Monkey

on this website. last VPS plan showing 2.99$ at starting but you said it for a year.

then VPS plan "KVM NAT Storage US" starting 4.99$ it's means it for a year?
Great VPS for SSH Tunneling . it have the unmetered bandwith and the price is just $3/year . it actually cheaper than shared hosting and great for low traffic website
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(06-25-2017, 11:39 AM)arsalahmed786 Wrote: @Mr.Monkey

on this website. last VPS plan showing 2.99$ at starting but you said it for a year.

then VPS plan "KVM NAT Storage US" starting 4.99$ it's means it for a year?

You have to click through it, I know that Blesta is kinda iffy. Select it and continue, and in the "configuration page", it will show 2.99$ at yearly price.

Also, use common sense. Why would that storage amount be 4.99$/yearly? He'd be bankrupt trying to provide y'all cheap ass servers.

Please don't forget to use that aff link, tho.

[Image: Wishosting3y.jpg]
https://ibb.co/iTmEv5 for full size.

(06-25-2017, 11:44 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: Great VPS for SSH Tunneling . it have the unmetered bandwith and the price is just $3/year . it actually cheaper than shared hosting and great for low traffic website

Yea, the reason why I bought it but sits idle at the current moment. If you end up getting one, and need help setting anything up, don't hesistate to contact me.

Tho, if you are going to use this server for web hosting, you are going to need to use that IPv6 address provided and use CF behind it.

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting