arrow_upward

Poll: Nano vs Vim ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nano
100.00%
Vim
0%
Total
5 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nano is best. vim is a bit hard to use. nano is simple as well as easy to use.
For me I'd rather to use Nano, I used Vim but Nano was better for me Big Grin
i use nano on my vps simply because it easier . i always install nano when i get my vps because using vim is hard . i dont even know how to exit and there are ot of people that search in google "how to exit vim" because of that . and because of that i use nano instead it is much much easier and i dont see any reason to use vim .

that is my opinion? what yours? comment below
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
For some reason, on my chromebook, neither nano or vim work via the crouton shell. I have to use "joe" instead.
From day first i can use nano and its more simple then vim. also whenever you need any tutorial from internet all most nano is prefer use for editing text. so my vote for nano.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
I've never use vim but I saw that a lot of people have problems with vim, for example "how to exit vim". I prefer nano since I started to use my first VPS.
Probbly everyone stick with what they used first as an editor. Lots of people started with CentOS as their first Server OS I think Nano is the what they have used as their first editor so many like it. I'm one of them. I tried vim later when I started testing Ubunto but never got comfortable with it.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(09-15-2017, 05:25 AM)xdude Wrote: Probbly everyone stick with what they used first as an editor. Lots of people started with CentOS as their first Server OS I think Nano is the what they have used as their first editor so many like it. I'm one of them. I tried vim later when I started testing Ubunto but never got comfortable with it.

well my first linux editor is actually vim and i dont know any of it so i search to google everytime i want to use vim and even to this day i stil cant use vim . and because of that i move to nano for cli text editing . for linux gui editing i use notepadqq a notepad++ clone for linux
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Nano, why? Because i am used to it. Since i also know its commands which make it easy for me and doesn't make me switch to another.
I started with vim and that's why I prefer it over Nano.

Vim is actually a very powerful command line editor. I have it in all my VPSes and now I still love using it.

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting