arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Logitech K360 Keyboard
Possibly it's not so new, but relative to me brand new. I bought a new keyboard today. Only reason I bought it is that it looked nice and compact and I liked it that it wasn't too big. I don't have much space in my keyboard tray in my computer desk. I didn't look further than that.

Then afterwards, when I checked out the unboxing and review below, and also while I was using it myself, discovered that it's a new modern keyboard that tries to be classic and old fashioned with a foot also in modern, new and media. The keyboard doesn't look like a media keyboard though, until you look at it more carefully. You can check out the review, but at the top of the keyboard, very very visible, are the buttons you'd typically find when you're playing a YouTube show at the bottom of the show. Also, there is a new Orange "FN" function key that works with new functions in the F function row. Pretty awesome.

So I guess I got a really good keyboard, when I was just looking for a general keyboard that is not too bulky and large. And is wireless.

I still have to get used to the feel of the keys though. Why I like Logitech Keyboards is usually their keys have a little inward curve to them (not flat), so your fingers feel comfortable with the keys. The keys on K360 are very flat. And resisting. Let's see whether I'll get past that flat resisting feel of the keys.

Here's the unboxing show for those who are interested to look at it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5o0BWC1O3Y

In the meanwhile, I got to like my little laptop "Logi" M187 mouse so much that I got a new one for my desktop as well. The large wired Dell mouse was taking up too much space in the keyboard tray of the computer desk, felt too bulky and "too much". I also prefer wireless now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nb7FQtdTYI
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Looks like a quite nice keyword but since the brand I guess it's not cheap either. I used a A4Tech basic keyboard for more than 3 years. It's simple and works great. I had a problem with Enter key recently but found there were so much stuff gathered under the key. After doing a full clean now whole keyboard works like new again.

I have got used to my new wireless mouse and it's speed but I think this mouse also has an issue. It drained it's AA battery within like a month. The battery should last at least 6 months I think. How long does yours last ?

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(07-18-2019, 12:56 PM)xdude Wrote: Looks like a quite nice keyword but since the brand I guess it's not cheap either. I used a A4Tech basic keyboard for more than 3 years. It's simple and works great. I had a problem with Enter key recently but found there were so much stuff gathered under the key. After doing a full clean now whole keyboard works like new again.

I have got used to my new wireless mouse and it's speed but I think this mouse also has an issue. It drained it's AA battery within like a month. The battery should last at least 6 months I think. How long does yours last ?
lol I had to ditch the keyboard. I just couldn't get used to the flat keys with lots of space in between - like it probably tried to copy the design of a laptop keyboard. I've now repurchased the same Logitech 220 compact Keyboard that I've been happy with for the last two years. The Logitech 220 fits nicely in the keyboard tray. Logitech 220 is not generally available in Canada, but I discovered a dedicated computer online company - newegg.ca - who is linked to every part of the world and will be getting it via China, and less expensive than what I paid for the Logitech 360. I'm sure the Logitech 360 wireless technology is more advanced than the Logitech 220, but everything else, the keys, feel of keys and the solid structure are much better with Logitech 200. With being compact the keys are closer together as well, and the overall feel and speed just work better for me. The keyboard that I used at home previously was Logitech 120. After using Logitech 220 compact design keyboard with my laptop for the last few months, the Logitech 220 wins completely over Logitech 120 too. Logitech 120 the keys are just too far apart, and the keyboard just much too wide. Like the standard size of 18 inches wide just doesn't work for me any longer. I checked out all of the Logitech models that are on the Canadian current market, and they don't work for me at all. One interesting Model (can't remember the number) of Logitech is one that is for different devices, and has a special little shelf on the top of the keyboard for sliding in a smart phone.
Terminal
Maybe you could've tried replacing the keys if that was even possible, I've never really tried Logitech's keyboards but I do have their mouse and It performs great, so I've no doubt the keyboard would've still be great!
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(07-19-2019, 12:25 PM)Honey Wrote: Maybe you could've tried replacing the keys if that was even possible, I've never really tried Logitech's keyboards but I do have their mouse and It performs great, so I've no doubt the keyboard would've still be great!
I thought about the replacement of the keys too, but it's probably not worth the effort in the scope of time spent.  I think I've solved my keyboardn and am happy with the K220 and the backup I ordered. That will be my keyboard now for as long as I'm around here.  With the mouse I think I may be able to do a little better as the mouse doesn't always select text perfectly.  Like before I know the text is gone and I have to hit the "redo" button.  When I was packing out all of my stuff I noticed two other mice I'm going to try.  One is a small LG and the other a small HP.  Drawback is both are wired.  But, if they work better than the wireless I may opt for them.
Terminal
not to be that type but i'm not the one to be that exited on a keyboard and a mouse that just is there for "normal" use.

the logitech k120 is my al 1 fav for it Smile
but use a rapoo vpro v700 keyboard now.
https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/k120
(07-19-2019, 09:07 PM)perryoo11 Wrote: not to be that type but i'm not the one to be that exited on a keyboard and a mouse that just is there for "normal" use.

the logitech k120 is my al 1 fav for it Smile
but use a rapoo vpro v700 keyboard now.
https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/k120

Agreed.  It should be "normal" and "normal" for me is when I'm not aware it's there.  It should type and feel as though there is nothing around.  I guess it's only when it doesn't feel "normal" that one starts to create a thread like I did.  Tongue

But yes, I guess enough said.  K360, the latest Logitech "normal" keyboard that is being sold here in Canada didn't work out that well for me.  The keys felt "abnormal" to me.  They were flat and I think Logitech tried to copy the keys of a laptop.  I just hate it when they do that. I prefer the slight concave traditional keys, and particularly the way it's been created with K220. Close to one another. Quiet and fast.

Think I'll close this topic as probably more than enough has been said about my keyboard and mice.  Wink
Terminal
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting