arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New e-mail app from Edison to compete with gmail?
Just discovered a new e-mail app project from Edison:
https://www.onmail.com/

Has any one tried it out yet?  It's currently in a very early phase of development asking those who are interested for their e-mail addresses.  I've submitted mine.

Looks like it's hoping to compete as a privacy-based email app with gmail and outlook who have become much too busy and have gone stale and also irritating with their security protocol loops. They're also hoping to cash in with members who would like to get a more individualized e-mail address. Apparently OnMail offers a better system for deciding who's allowed to email you and a simpler filing system for messages.

Here is more info from Edison about how it will work:
https://medium.com/changing-communicatio...d72328d4c4

I'm not sure whether one could use onmail for desktop, hope I can, but looks like it's going to be focusing most of its development energies on a free app that will be available through Google store.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how it works.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(05-12-2020, 07:41 PM)deanhills Wrote: Just discovered a new e-mail app project from Edison:
https://www.onmail.com/

Has any one tried it out yet?  It's currently in a very early phase of development asking those who are interested for their e-mail addresses.  I've submitted mine.

Looks like it's hoping to compete as a privacy-based email app with gmail and outlook who have become much too busy and have gone stale and also irritating with their security protocol loops. They're also hoping to cash in with members who would like to get a more individualized e-mail address. Apparently OnMail offers a better system for deciding who's allowed to email you and a simpler filing system for messages.

Here is more info from Edison about how it will work:
https://medium.com/changing-communicatio...d72328d4c4

I'm not sure whether one could use onmail for desktop, hope I can, but looks like it's going to be focusing most of its development energies on a free app that will be available through Google store.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how it works.

Just had a look at it...thanks for the link which sped everything up Wink    

It looks quite promising... and even better, they seem to even have an iOS app! Something that many (and i mean MANY) companies tend to avoid... so that’s already a plus from me!

I usually use iOS’s built in Mail app which is absolutely amazing and clean looking! The gmail app in my opinion is too cluttered and messy.

Can’t wait to see/try out what onmail has to offer. I especially like their focus on privacy, something that many companies don’t seem to care about nowadays.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
Thanks for sharing the links Dean.

The email service looks quite promising. I was going through the Medium post too, and I agree with you about the email filtering system. I've put in my email too for alpha testing; whenever I get to try it I'll get back with my experience.

Myself looking forward to trying it out.

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
The traditional mail servers like gmail, yahoo, hotmail, rediffmail, etc. have a benefit in some web registrations. Some webmasters whitelist these emails rather than black listing the bad one. So a new email domain has difficulties in early times. I don't know whether these emails can be used in most websites as now registration and verification methods are much changed. Hopefully they can survive the huge competition from the giants.

Thank you  Sweet

(05-13-2020, 05:22 PM)Littlemaster Wrote: The traditional mail servers like gmail, yahoo, hotmail, rediffmail, etc.  have a benefit in some web registrations. Some webmasters whitelist these emails rather than black listing the bad one. So a new email domain has difficulties in early times. I don't know whether these emails can be used in most websites as now registration and verification methods are much changed. Hopefully they can survive the huge competition from the giants.

Excellent point @Littlemaster  But it probably wouldn't do any harm to try and get a unique e-mail address with them, so that when onmail becomes successful and whitelisted one then has a unique email address to use.  Instead of registering for the first time and then find one's unique e-mail address has already been taken.  I'm planning on doing that.  And then to keep the e-mail address alive for special projects until I trust it enough to make it a main e-mail address.
Terminal
Thank you Dean for the link. It looks very interesting to have a new competitor. Its very hard to go on in this time. I also have submitted request. Lets see, for me i think onmail's future is bright, they are going to rock just like Discord.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
Oh thats interesting, thanks for posting this dean.
I submitted a request and got this mail from them
You have been added to the On Mail early access list
Quote:We will let you know when a spot becomes available

Share this code with 5 friends to jump higher in the queue
The service going to be provided by onmail does look attractive.

Many people want to have a good and reliable email service that can really protect their privacy. Currently the most popular email service providers such as gmail or outlook are very poor in privacy protection.

So I do hope onmail will eventually become a successful project. Smile

(05-15-2020, 04:48 PM)youssefbasha Wrote: Oh thats interesting, thanks for posting this dean.
I submitted a request and got this mail from them
You have been added to the On Mail early access list

That message, ugh. I got that message before at some free hosting companies and they're scamming me (not talking about this email service :p).

Anyway, the offer looks interesting. I'll be very happy if I get an email with name like [email protected]. Hahaha.
Let me put my email innnnnnn
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(05-18-2020, 11:22 AM)tiwil Wrote: That message, ugh. I got that message before at some free hosting companies and they're scamming me (not talking about this email service :p).

Anyway, the offer looks interesting. I'll be very happy if I get an email with name like [email protected]. Hahaha.
Let me put my email innnnnnn

True @tiwil One should always be extra - triple extra careful - not to click on links. It is a risk. For me I felt it was a calculated risk as it came from Edison that is a well known provider of many years. The e-mail service also came recommended by someone else.

But yes, would be interesting to see if and when an e-mail address will become available. Maybe they're just canvassing the support for the new service now to see what the response may be like.
Terminal

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting