arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New malware virus that eats other malware - BabaYaga
WordFence, the WordPress Security guys just released a White Paper on a new malware that eats other malware called BabaYaga.  Just can't believe how these spammers are getting more and more creative with their exploits.

The malware is very sophisticated with generating spam links and redirection in a way that is difficult for the victims to detect.  The infection is notable for containing code capable of removing its competition.  BabaYaga has the ability to remove other malware.

The payoff for the spammers are affiliate marketing services. When a human visitor reaches an infected page of the site after following a link from a search, embedded JavaScript executes a malicious redirect to an affiliate site. Any purchases made at the destination site generate income for the attacker, and at that point it becomes a numbers game.

Here is a link to the White Paper for BabaYaga:
https://www.wordfence.com/wp-content/upl...ePaper.pdf
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
So there's a virus that acts as a antivirus as well to make sure it's the only virus on the system? That's a odd but smart way to get people's money and make sure they make the most damage out of it. Has there been any other viruses that do that?
(06-16-2018, 05:53 AM)IEpicDestroyer Wrote: So there's a virus that acts as a antivirus as well to make sure it's the only virus on the system?  That's a odd but smart way to get people's money and make sure they make the most damage out of it.  Has there been any other viruses that do that?
I'm beginning to feel Microsoft updates do that. Tongue  I know it sounds a bit far fetched, but if one really sits down and checks what its update system does, it can't be as far removed from being a malware that kills other "malware" in its own right.
Terminal
Oh so this the new malware effect really sounds a bit different and dangerous to we need to be careful
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

This is very sad. People do a lot of things for money. I wish people were not that cruel...
Thank you VPSlices and Post4VPS for your beautiful VPS!
Sounds funny, a malware eat another! hope it won't at my computer. Nowadays lot of scam sites and bad short link sites are getting evolved. Lot of interned data getting wasted for useless downloading.

Thank you  Sweet

Malware will starter to be more advance, obviously when the use of something has increased, the bad side also continues to advance.
(06-16-2018, 09:35 AM)deanhills Wrote: I'm beginning to feel Microsoft updates do that. Tongue  I know it sounds a bit far fetched, but if one really sits down and checks what its update system does, it can't be as far removed from being a malware that kills other "malware" in its own right.

"Please install this malware update for your computer.  It will speed up and improve your computer.  Should you not like it, your obviously welcome to remove this update from Windows 10 at any time."

I mean they must have had their reasons to make updating mandatory for consumer editions of Windows 10...
(06-25-2018, 07:52 PM)IEpicDestroyer Wrote: I mean they must have had their reasons to make updating mandatory for consumer editions of Windows 10...
True.  They must have had their reasons, but unfortunately their updates are all along the lines of one size fits all devices using that Windows.  So if one runs software that Microsoft doesn't know about or doesn't want to know about and the software conflicts with Windows or Windows updates, or there are competing systems on the computer, it can be a problem.  At least up to Windows 7 one could opt out of an update. But since the roll ups there has been a problem with that too.
Terminal
(06-25-2018, 07:58 PM)deanhills Wrote: True.  They must have had their reasons, but unfortunately their updates are all along the lines of one size fits all devices using that Windows.  So if one runs software that Microsoft doesn't know about or doesn't want to know about and the software conflicts with Windows or Windows updates, or there are competing systems on the computer, it can be a problem.  At least up to Windows 7 one could opt out of an update.  But since the roll ups there has been a problem with that too.

Well the roll ups can also be opted out as well but I'm not a big fan of them bunching everything together so you can't select from what you want installed.  It's a shame that there's no other consumer operating system that can compete with Windows....
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting