arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notpad++ or Atom
Atom or Notepad++? I use both of them. If you want lighter, Notepad++ is your friend. But, if you want better features, Atom is your friend.

But fyi, Atom load way slower than N++, it takes about 0.5-1 minutes to fully startup, but N++ only takes likely < 5 seconds. That's a big difference.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
i would say atom for developing.
and notepad++ for configuration editing.

atom is perfect for making websites and another coding.
and notepad++ is easy to use for editing config files and maybe even quick development.
Notepad++ is good because there are a lot of customizations and tutorial videos available.
Thank you VPSlices and Post4VPS for your beautiful VPS!
I use notepad++ in my laptop , it is the best text editor I saw until now, I like it's multitab mode and line numbering which makes code editing easy ans simple, now I am checking for something which will allow php syntax checking while editing.

Thank you  Sweet

I'm still using Notepad ++ and I find it very good to use, I do not like using Atom
I use atom now because no notepad++ in linux . But in windows i use notepad=+ it is much more lightweight than atom . Atom is heavy it eat like 200mb+ of ram whereas notepad++ only eat less than 50mb
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
I don't do any development - haven't done any so far - so my choice is Notepad++. Easy to find, easy to load and easy to use.

When I have cpanel, then cpanel File Manager is perfect for editing as well. Better in certain cases, as I find occasionally when I use Notepad++ and then upload the file with FileZilla that gremlins that one can't see get into the file when it is uploaded and then create a white screen of death.

I tried Atom but I can now understand why it's for developers. When I tried it it felt a bit too big, too complicated, too uncomfortable. Probably has a learning curve that goes way beyond the simplicity of Notepad++
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(11-10-2018, 04:44 AM)deanhills Wrote: I don't do any development - haven't done any so far - so my choice is Notepad++. Easy to find, easy to load and easy to use.

When I have cpanel, then cpanel File Manager is perfect for editing as well. Better in certain cases, as I find occasionally when I use Notepad++ and then upload the file with FileZilla that gremlins that one can't see get into the file when it is uploaded and then create a white screen of death.

I tried Atom but I can now understand why it's for developers. When I tried it it felt a bit too big, too complicated, too uncomfortable. Probably has a learning curve that goes way beyond the simplicity of Notepad++

yes atom isnt as simple as notepad++ and that (for developer) costs memory like i said before . i can do most of my task in notepad++ . i dont find any useful feature in atom aside from more memory footprint but i use linux so i stuck in this text editor . when i use windows i always use notepad++ the developer should port it but they doesnt for some reason
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
I never used the Atom.First i use the windows built in Notepad.When i started scripting i searched and found the new version of Notepad ++ and it is best.Now i use latest version of notepad.I shall give a try to Atom very soon.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
Notepad++ is best. not much of a learning curve. If you want to be challenged and want to use all the customizations shortcuts and advanced stuff then i guess you should go for vi or vim.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting