arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corded vs Cordless Mouse
(05-28-2021, 06:29 AM)xdude Wrote: Well, It's an optical mouse with a wheel for scrolling at the top. It doesn't have a ball at the bottom which I think the biggest thing about a mechanical mouse. I haven't used such a mouse in 10-12 years. The problem with this one is this scroll wheel doesn't work anymore......

Understand. But I guess if the problem is the wheel at the top of your optical mouse cannot scroll smoothly, then it should still possibly be fixed.

Of course if the wheel does scroll smoothly but it still does not work, then I guess maybe something was broken inside it. Smile

I am currently using a hybrid mouse. It is a corded and wireless mouse at the same thing. It has a internal rechargeable battery that recharges when the mouse it connected to an power supply, such as a wall source, or to the PC.

I like very much because it gives me a total freedom. It has a super fast sensor. it is a gaming mouse, so I think I can't see the difference between the cable and wireless mode but I think the last one has some micro seconds or less of delay due to the wireless connection... but it doesn't matter.

I know that the internal battery is a risk because with time the battery will lose its capacity... but I think I can replace it... so I am fine!
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(05-29-2021, 07:29 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Understand. But I guess if the problem is the wheel at the top of your optical mouse cannot scroll smoothly, then it should still possibly be fixed.

Of course if the wheel does scroll smoothly but it still does not work, then I guess maybe something was broken inside it. Smile

Probably one of those wheels connected to it from inside must have worn out. I have seen it before with my other mouse units. It's a bit of a headache since I'm so used to. I wish I could find another one of these. I would buy a couple of those and keep them. A4Tech seems to be a pretty good brand for mice. I have just realized my keyboard is A4Tech too. Smile

Also, my headset is dead too. lol, right now I use a hands-free set with a PC along with speakers. like 2 years ago I found a really good speaker set for just 5 USD.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Ok so I must add, When I use my Logitech g304 it's battery hungry, and a AA battery last only 2weeks it does not sound much, but once it's depleted. My mouse is dead. It happens with me in mid-game. So I always check battery level before I start any gaming session. With a wired mouse, this is not a problem.
Thank you to post4vps and HostDare for my awesome VPS 12!
Check My first ever opensource project Alpana Blood Donation Drive .
(05-29-2021, 05:40 PM)debjit Wrote: Ok so I must add, When I use my Logitech g304 it's battery hungry, and a AA battery last only 2weeks it does not sound much, but once it's depleted. My mouse is dead. It happens with me in mid-game. So I always check battery level before I start any gaming session. With a wired mouse, this is not a problem.

I had the same problem with my very first cordless mouse. I got it for very cheap as a discount offer. It was a great mouse. But the problem was it was a battery hog. Had to change 2 AA batteries in every 2 weeks or so. Fortunately, I had lots of Rechargeable AA batteries. Yeah, Cord mouse units don't have this problem since those get power from the USB line. Also, I had a pretty good Genious Cordless mouse. A smaller Laptop one but it worked pretty well too.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(05-29-2021, 05:40 PM)debjit Wrote: Ok so I must add, When I use my Logitech g304 it's battery hungry, and a AA battery last only 2weeks it does not sound much, but once it's depleted. My mouse is dead. It happens with me in mid-game. So I always check battery level before I start any gaming session. With a wired mouse, this is not a problem.

How did it serve you in gaming? I once used logitech g602 and it kinda had the issue but i would it was the smoothest cordless mouse i have experienced but in gaming somewhere i felt input lag of sort. I tried many fixes for it but i was noticing the movement was not as smooth as it was. Literally 500Hz was feeling was smoother than 1000Hz and that was really really weird
I kinda have left cordless mouse though which uses AA Battery, I might go for Logitech G PRO because like almost every pro player has been using it and it's battery uptime is fairly good and its sensor is pretty insane!
Currently using corded mouse Logitech G102 Prodigy Gaming Mouse for almost 2 years now and yeah changed its feet and it's serving me stilll (Had to solder left clicks multiple times)!
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

For general activities, I prefer my laptop's trackpad over a mouse at all I know it sounds very awkward but somehow I'm more comfortable with the trackpad than a mouse. However, my choice would be a cordless mouse if I were asked to choose one.

For gaming, however, it's a corded mouse I'd prefer. The last thing I'd like is the Bluetooth getting disconnected when I'm firing at an enemy. I recently purchased a Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury at the advice of @TrK. It costs roughly $30 and after a couple of days of using it, definitely worth the price. The controls are smooth and there are 8 programmable buttons available, 5 of which I was directly able to bind with CSGO, and the rest three had to be mapped to keyboard buttons which in turn were bound to the game, cuz 5 mouse buttons is the max CSGO allows. Really happy with the performance of the mouse. Smile
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Pages (3):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-29-2017, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Golden

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting