arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Realme, Xiaomi, Huawei vs Samsung
Hello guys,
I am really wondering about Realme and Xiaomi and about their mobiles quality since i never bought a phone from these companies due to my doubts but i had a phone from huawei and it was awesome but Realme and Xiaomi prices are really cheap compared to huawei and Samsung and thats what making me doubtfull about them after looking their specifications and raises some questions in my mind.

1) Xiaomi and Realme phones lifetime is much lesser than samsung phones and starts hanging after a year or so?
2)Xiaomi and Realme phones are more prone to security threats compared to samsung and huawei?
I have been using a Xiaomi Redme 9 phone for a year now and love it. I used Samsung phones before and There is a huge difference in performance. This thing is a real beast. No lagging and the battery stay more than a day even when I have day ON plus watching videos. It's a little bulkier than Samsung and probably has a little less quality camera. I'm not talking about a huge difference but I can feel it. But I don't mind is because I paid a lot less for that doesn't have a lag or freeze problems even after a week. Plus it has a big quality screen which is amazing for its price.

I can tell you one thing. This phone not gonna have any hagging, freezing issues anytime soon even after a year of use. Not a little bit. and I use lots of apps in this especially those social apps which can take a heavy toll on phones' performance. But It has taken everything I have thrown at it without a fuss.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(05-24-2021, 11:16 PM)Decent12 Wrote: Hello guys,
I am really wondering about Realme and Xiaomi and about their mobiles quality since i never bought a phone from these companies due to my doubts but i had a phone from huawei and it was awesome but Realme and Xiaomi prices are really cheap compared to huawei and Samsung and thats what making me doubtfull about them after looking their specifications and raises some questions in my mind.

1) Xiaomi and Realme phones lifetime is much lesser than samsung phones and starts hanging after a year or so?
2)Xiaomi and Realme phones are more prone to security threats compared to samsung and huawei?
Well,as for Chinese market,Xiaomi recently have some negative news while Realme have almost no news(at least I didn't hear any).
Xiaomi was blamed for their poor MIUI stability and too much useless features like natural notifications.And they also blamed for exaggerated promotion - as nowadays they are known to use better screens in the phones that will be evaluated and using less good screens in some products of the same model(Mi 11 Youth)- while it seems to be a common practice.

Realme was known to cheat in benchmark software like Antutu is a recent model - and they once decided to do not perform an Antutu benchmark for further models - and deleted the announcement after days.
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
Recently Mi has dropped in sales after lockdown. In my locality, all the people is now going for Samsung cheap models and other Non-Chinese make brands. They are getting low on quality. Samsung In my locality has gained a big boost. And people are selling their mi oppo vivo phones for less.
Thank you to post4vps and HostDare for my awesome VPS 12!
Check My first ever opensource project Alpana Blood Donation Drive .
(05-24-2021, 11:16 PM)Decent12 Wrote: 1) Xiaomi and Realme phones lifetime is much lesser than samsung phones and starts hanging after a year or so?......

I have not tried Realme personally, but I do have an old Xiaomi phone which I have been using it for more than 5 years.

So the lifetime is not an issue for my Xiaomi phone at all. If my memory is correct, there was also no obvious hanging after a year or so. Smile

@Decent12 : Don't go for Xiaomi because of poor OS and manufacturing flaws.
Huawei is the ever best option for you and the major advantage as a stable device is there own Kirin CPU's
Oppo,Vivo using mediatek, helio chipsets.
i think Nokia is the second best option if you like Android One OS. because Nokia Hardware is much better then Xiaomi.
Storage issues, sensor issues, Ads, Battery draining all these issues are mostly common in Xiaomi devices.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
I have used a lot of phones including oppo reno mi and any other brand with Samsung lg sony nokia MN brands. When choosing phones it comes down to how much you wanted to spend and the build quality of certain model. I have broken my new Samsung and sony in a week but my vivo lasts two year long and it was a 70$ budget android phone.
Thank you to post4vps and HostDare for my awesome VPS 12!
Check My first ever opensource project Alpana Blood Donation Drive .
I don't know what you guys will think about Vivo, while I am sure about Samsung, I like Vivo. I have Vivo Y83 Pro for more than two years now.While I hear many of RealMe and Oppo phones get display damaged by falling off to the floor, this VIVO Y83 has been safe while it was dropped from my hand many times. I will say the hardware is good. As debjit says Vivo seems better than RealMe and Oppo, but it costs higher in comparison with the specifications.

Thank you  Sweet

(05-26-2021, 06:07 AM)sagher Wrote: @Decent12 : Don't go for Xiaomi because of poor OS and manufacturing flaws.
Huawei is the ever best option for you and the major advantage as a stable device is there own Kirin CPU's
Oppo,Vivo using mediatek, helio chipsets.
i think Nokia is the second best option if you like Android One OS. because Nokia Hardware is much better then Xiaomi.
Storage issues, sensor issues, Ads, Battery draining all these issues are mostly common in Xiaomi devices.

I am afraid it may not be too fair to compare like this because Huawei phones are generally more expensive than Xiaomi ones.

And what I can tell is that most of the issues for Xiaomi phones you mentioned, including poor OS, ads, battery draining and so on, can be easily fixed by rooting it and installing another OS on the phone.

For example, my old Xiaomi phone is rooted and installed with LineageOS. So it is now running quite smoothly. Smile

Well, I would like thank each of you for the response and after viewing all the responses and doing a bit of research about Xiaomi and realme i have to came to know that these brands software are not upto the mark and some of them have problems with hardware.

Since i didnt want to risk my money just for saving a few $$ so i have went for Samsung and purchased Samsung a52 which is working good for gaming and daily life usage.

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting