arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OnePlus reveals 120 Hz 2k Screen
OnePlus recently sent out invitations to some people and disclosed that they were going to show off a new screen. Most people speculated that It'd be a 120 Hz screen, and the speculations turned out to be true as OnePlus recently revealed a 120 Hz 2K Panel which will be used in their upcoming OnePlus 8 Phone.

OnePlus doesn't manufacture their own screens, they buy it from Samsung much like everyone else(including Apple) and thus Its probably not the first time the world is seeing it as if Samsung can make it for them they can make it for themselves as well, but 120 Hz Panel on a mobile phone was unheard of just a few years ago. Even on monitors It remains largely uncommon and somewhat expensive, I am excited to see what the refresh rate looks like on mobile as gaming is not much of a genre for everyone, but the higher refresh rate will definitely help out smooth the overall experience of the user.

Additional Links:

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/techno...39431.html
https://www.androidcentral.com/oneplus-8...e-settings
https://9to5google.com/2020/01/16/oneplu...ay-smooth/
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
I have 60 Hz refresh rate monitor for my PC and I never felt the need to buy 144 Hz screen , I dont think i would be as excited to get a 120 Hz screen on my mobile device , even if would get 120 Hz mobile i would manuelly set the refresh rate at 60/90 Hz , Battery is much more of an important factor for me than refresh rate honestly.
Thanks to Host4Fun and Post4VPS for my VPS 1.
This year is peobably the year of refresh rate . Most flagship smartphone will/already using high refresh rate screen

Yes it kills the battery faster but it also make the experience much smoother and it feel different and you cannot go back to 60hz
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
i still remember how it felt looking at a 1080p monitor coming from a 1200 by 800 i think. even a 1600 by 900 is not an option anymore. looks bland. i guess it will be the same when you switch from 60 to 120 or higher ( yes, there are higher when it comes to monitors. 3 times this , i think is the highest so far).

i saw a video by linustechtips where Linus invited top gamers to take part in a test where they were using 60, 144 and 240hz monitors. it really had a conceivable impact. it also showed , i think, that pro gamers could adjust even to a 60hz monitor pretty fast and keep a very good average score etc. but for novices or mid level people, once they go higher, it is harder to come down and keep an edge.

finally, i dont care about 120 or even 90 hz mobile screens. full hd 60 hz is enough for me. i would rather save the money, thank you.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(01-23-2020, 08:10 AM)GodLikeGill Wrote: I have 60 Hz refresh rate monitor for my PC and I never felt the need to buy 144 Hz screen , I dont think i would be as excited to get a 120 Hz screen on my mobile device , even if would get 120 Hz mobile i would manuelly set the refresh rate at 60/90 Hz , Battery is much more of an important factor for me than refresh rate honestly.

You'll never really "feel the need" to switch up from 60 Hz until you actually experience 144 Hz or above.(Unless you're someone who can't differentiate 60 and 144 Hz then it doesn't apply lol). I dont own a 144 Hz panel either as its way too expensive, but my friend does and I've always been blown away by how smooth it is.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(01-24-2020, 06:30 PM)Honey Wrote: You'll never really "feel the need" to switch up from 60 Hz until you actually experience 144 Hz or above.(Unless you're someone who can't differentiate 60 and 144 Hz then it doesn't apply lol). I dont own a 144 Hz panel either as its way too expensive, but my friend does and I've always been blown away by how smooth it is.

That could actually be true , i have seen youtubers saying that going back to 60hz from 120/144 hz is really tough , maybe the reason i have never used 120/144hz screen is the reason why i dont feel the need to change.
Thanks to Host4Fun and Post4VPS for my VPS 1.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting