arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenLiteSpeed for Webserver
Today Im will ask about "OpenLiteSpeed" (OLSWS)
So, Im will make an server to serve Computer Based Test (More than 100 user at same time) so, I make a server very minimalist (With Debian 5 and Apache + MySQL in Virtualbox), the student work in computer connected to LAN and that is good (no problems found)
I decided using CloudServer to make CBT Online. I try with cPanel hosting, but failed when grep the cookie (Can't get question and I cant fix it). So, I decided to using VPS, but in this time I dont have VPS.
So, for learning, I make a new server using CentOS 7 (I already use both Debian and CentOS for server, and CentOS is better than Debian)  and I interest to using OpenLiteSpeed in Virtualbox, but after installing OLSWS, I found webserver performance comparison

[Image: webserver_performance_comparison.png]

So, I found another comparison
[Image: small-static-file-4kb.png]

So, what is the better? OLSWS or Apache?
I check both OLSWS and Apache is good when handle Virtualbox Server and Because I dont understand about webserver (Im only script kiddies)

Thanks
I Only Think Open Litespeed is Very Good For Page Speed That Has Gained A + Value from Google

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Terminal
Solo Developer
Huh, So its like a wordpress plugin and a webserver also? Seems good to me but never heard of it. I prefer nginx and it has fewer overhead, never used litespeed tho
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
(12-29-2018, 05:14 PM)chanalku91 Wrote: I Only Think Open Litespeed is Very Good For Page Speed That Has Gained A + Value from Google

Your server is 404 Not Found, that's why you gained A+ from Google..

(12-29-2018, 09:04 PM)Kururin Wrote: Huh, So its like a wordpress plugin and a webserver also? Seems good to me but never heard of it. I prefer nginx and it has fewer overhead, never used litespeed tho

No, its like an Apache or Nginx in VPS. This is webserver, I use it because many hosting service using litespeed for webserver, so I try to use it.
(12-30-2018, 01:15 AM)icaksh Wrote: Your server is 404 Not Found, that's why you gained A+ from Google..

No, its like an Apache or Nginx in VPS. This is webserver, I use it because many hosting service using litespeed for webserver, so I try to use it.

sorry
I deleted the worldpress folder yesterday so I'm optimizing it for 2G devices
Terminal
Solo Developer
Lightspeed seems good, but nginx may be enough for most purposes. It is based on the available system resources and the number of visitors you have, apache is powerful to handle works, while nginx care can drop requests which is taking more time, normally I use apache.

Thank you  Sweet

(12-30-2018, 02:37 AM)Littlemaster Wrote: Lightspeed seems good,  but nginx may be enough for most purposes. It is based on the available system resources and the number of visitors you have, apache is powerful to handle works,  while nginx care can drop requests which is taking more time, normally I use apache.

Apache is worse in terms of RAM and overhead. Unless you have a powerful system and can scale well I do not recommend apache. Only nginx is the way to go. Can't speak for lightspeed tho.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
(12-30-2018, 02:37 AM)Littlemaster Wrote: Lightspeed seems good,  but nginx may be enough for most purposes. It is based on the available system resources and the number of visitors you have, apache is powerful to handle works,  while nginx care can drop requests which is taking more time, normally I use apache.

[Image: nginx-apache-memory.png]

Apache is worse in memory. You can see nginx very stable. I have use both apache and nginx, in my opinion, nginx is very stable for 512 MB VPS. I test it with wordpress in 512 MB RAM.

(12-30-2018, 03:31 AM)Kururin Wrote: Apache is worse in terms of RAM and overhead. Unless you have a powerful system and can scale well I do not recommend apache. Only nginx is the way to go. Can't speak for lightspeed tho.

Litespeed is common in hosting service using cPanel. I think many services using Litespeed + Cloudlinux + WHM in one vps to make a good hosting. I dont know why this is must be in hosting service in my country.
(12-31-2018, 05:01 AM)icaksh Wrote: Apache is worse in memory. You can see nginx very stable. I have use both apache and nginx, in my opinion, nginx is very stable for 512 MB VPS. I test it with wordpress in 512 MB RAM.
This has been my exact experience. Apache is of course very important for efficiency of Website building as it is good on the file side, but it takes huge resources. It's ideal to have the combo that takes the best out of apache file management and nginx speed. I've been experiencing that with VestaCP. Before that I was using Webuzo and 512 MB RAM was too little to manage it efficiently - it was dragging. I found I needed 1GB RAM. With VestaCP and Nginx 512MB was perfect.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Last time i see litespeed is paid program not a free one and it called litespeed not openlitespeed and sone hosting service used it

But now there are the open soirce version . The static performance is almost twice as fast as nginx but for me i probably will stay with nginx due to my familiarity and most of my sites is low traffic
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting