arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinion on iPhones
(10-27-2020, 09:13 PM)sAmI Wrote: .....
A question
In terms of security, What data or stuff you need the most to be secured? Define security in terms for Android and iPhones.

Good question. Smile

Imagine a situation like this: You have an Android phone and also an iPhone with almost the same functional performance.

When you want to login to a banking website to do some secure transactions, which phone will you preferably use?

I suppose most people will choose to use iPhone over the Android one. Smile

(10-28-2020, 08:30 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Good question. Smile

Imagine a situation like this: You have an Android phone and also an iPhone with almost the same functional performance.

When you want to login to a banking website to do some secure transactions, which phone will you preferably use?

I suppose most people will choose to use iPhone over the Android one.  Smile

I would use neither of the two any where in the world. Particularly in South Africa there is very high cyber crime rate and these guys have become experts at SIM CARD swapping. So device doesn't really make a difference.

For those who want to know more about SIM Card Swapping here is a good article about it from Norton Anti-Virus Site:
https://us.norton.com/internetsecurity-m...fraud.html

I think it's one of the highest risk factors in your banking account if you should make your phone number a key to your account. It's dead easy to get to. Regardless of which phone you use.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(10-28-2020, 08:30 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Good question. Smile

I suppose most people will choose to use iPhone over the Android one.  Smile
If we even are in this case, None is safe though, There are other ways that could be used to "get" "hack" etc etc details or anything. Yes i would even prefer iPhone though, but if my mobile is clean and i'm using it perfectly and keeping checks on my safety i don't see any reason not using it.
(10-28-2020, 08:45 AM)deanhills Wrote: I would use neither of the two any where in the world.  Particularly in South Africa there is very high cyber crime rate and these guys have become experts at SIM CARD swapping.  So device doesn't really make a difference.

For those who want to know more about SIM Card Swapping here is a good article about it from Norton Anti-Virus Site:
https://us.norton.com/internetsecurity-m...fraud.html

I think it's one of the highest risk factors in your banking account if you should make your phone number a key to your account.  It's dead easy to get to.  Regardless of which phone you use.

This happened with my friend once there is a online money application called "EasyPaisa" which uses a 4 Digit mPIN and if you forget the mPIN it sends you a OTP. My friend received a call from the official number that we need to do this bla bla bla and he sents his OTP. He lost about 110$. It's still not sure to this day how do they called from the official number, We tried asking the official helpline, I think they might have somehow reversed it.
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

(10-30-2020, 07:43 AM)sAmI Wrote: If we even are in this case, None is safe though, There are other ways that could be used to "get" "hack" etc etc details or anything. Yes i would even prefer iPhone though, but if my mobile is clean and i'm using it perfectly and keeping checks on my safety i don't see any reason not using it.

I think the main point is that most people are not as technical as you do, or they just do not want to spend time keep checking on their phone safety etc.

So they would prefer to use and rely on iPhones.

In fact, one of the main reasons my friends buy iPhones is that they believe iPhones cause them less troubles. Smile

I don't hate iphones. the lag less than Android phones in most cases and faster is some cases but it depends on how much software updates apple push for that generation phone. If too much than the phone is very slow in that case (Like iPhone 4S on iOS 9.3)
(10-31-2020, 02:33 PM)noahthewindowsguy Wrote: [..] it depends on how much software updates apple push for that generation phone. If too much than the phone is very slow in that case (Like iPhone 4S on iOS 9.3)

This is called "planned obsolescence". Apple, with intent to make old devices slow and unusable to get people to buy new devices, releases software updates (iOS) that slow down all older devices by update to update. They even admit that they do this kind of dirty tricks. A huge no-go for me and should be a no-go for everyone else, too. Apple is the mother of greed and the queen of planned obsolescene.

In fact I have a iPhone 6S that was given to me by a relative for <do whatever you want with it>. It has the latest iOS version and the slowdown is real. Especially if playing games (which I just did during my vacation for the lulz)... it lags often. In normal operation not so much but it does depending on what you do. I rarely use it. Most of the time it is locked away at my office as I use it there for 2FA on a Mac Mini to administrate Apple devices that we have in our company. Which by the way is a huge joke compared to Android or Windows based device administration. Apple Configurator 2 is really a joke mostly. Well, at least I can set our background and load apps onto Apple devices without setting up Apple IDs on / for every device. And the process just to use Apple Configurator 2... hell of unncessary registration with Apple School programm and etc.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
I just read this article on 9to5Mac this morning and it seems the 12 Series took a benchmark crown from the Note 20 Ultra. I was of the notion that with Apple optimizing the software and hardware to work with each other at the best possible exchange and this seems to show that. More ram does not always mean it's a better phone, also just because it's and iPhone does not mean it is the best phone on the market.

https://9to5mac.com/2020/11/04/iphone-12...est-crown/
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
Just adding bit more for @Mashiro said about Apple on-purpose slowing down old devices. It seems law and justice has caught up with that finally. Apple is told to pay  $113m to settle this. This settlement should be higher than this.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54996601

I don't think there are many tech companies which can take the cake for most greedy company from Apple.  Another news is Apple has decided to commission fees to developers on its App Store. No because they have felt generous. Its because they are already in hot water with  US lawmakers about this and now European Commission opened its own probe into this.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54985971

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Pages (3):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting