arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PUBG Banned in Pakistan
(07-08-2020, 03:46 AM)Khadeer143 Wrote: Recently yesterday I seen a news in India from Punjab that a 15 yrs old boy stolen  16 lakh from.parents account and in in return his father give him a job to work in reparing scooter shop to let him know how hard it is to earn money this is how pubg mobile making kids do to all illegal things just ban pubg globally better

I believe Khadeer, There is no actually fault in PUBG, If there was a similar addictive game he would have done the same either way? Banning PUBG on global scale would not be possible and again PUBG is a growing title in Pakistan. I'm shocked how was he even able to withdraw 16 lac? Usually there is always approval when withdrawing such a large scale of amount? I again believe the news is just fake.
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

Thats not a fake news It originally posted in  Indian today and many others news paper and articles ,according to boy he uses his parents debit card ,credit card at pubg transaction and he delete all those transaction msges that why his father never tried to check the balance because if he seen those messages then its easy for him to caught him before he spend 15 lakhs for game you can search in google about this you will see many articles
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

(07-09-2020, 04:51 AM)Khadeer143 Wrote: Thats not a fake news It originally posted in  Indian today and many others news paper and articles ,according to boy he uses his parents debit card ,credit card at pubg transaction and he delete all those transaction msges that why his father never tried to check the balance because if he seen those messages then its easy for him to caught him before he spend 15 lakhs for game you can search in google about this you will see many articles

@Khadeer143 Correct.  As far as I can see from the news reports the fact that pubg was banned is not fake news.  But the fact that it was banned directly because of suicide is not correct news.  The suicide complaints are still under investigation and the court case is appearing today.  That part may or may not be true.  Possibly that is also the reason that the game has been temporarily (and not permanently) banned yet.  The courts banned the game because of complaints received that the game was a "waste of time" and "addictive".  Suicide was not given as the reason of the ban, but the reason mentioned that claims of suicide have been made, the suicide claims are being investigated presently, and there will be a court case about the suicide claims on 9 July - today.

Quote:The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has decided to impose a temporary ban on PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) in Pakistan after they received numerous complaints against the online game claiming that it was ‘waste of time’ and ‘addictive’.
https://www.opindia.com/2020/07/pakistan...s-suicide/

Quote:The PTA statement also cited media reports attributing cases of suicide being linked to the game and said that the Lahore High Court had already ordered it to look into the issue and decide the matter after hearing all complainants. “A hearing is being conducted on July 9,” it added.
https://www.newsweekpakistan.com/pakista...game-pubg/

Probably in today's court case those claiming the game is linked to suicide have to prove their complaint and who knows, if it is proven then the ban will become permanent.  However with common sense I would think it is going to be very difficult to prove pubg was directly responsible for the suicides - here is a report that gives a description of the suicide claims that are being investigated:
Quote:Last month, Lahore Capital City Police Officer (CCPO) Zulfiqar Hameed had recommended a complete ban on the online game by linking it to the suicide of a teenage boy who reportedly ended his life after failing to complete a mission in the game.

PUBG, developed by South Korean company Bluehole, was initially released in 2016 and has since become popular globally, being downloaded over 34 million times. A multiplayer battle royale game, similar in style to Fortnite, PUBG sets itself apart by being primarily used by mobile phone users, rather than console or PC gamers. This allows it to be accessible by a higher percentage of Pakistan’s population, where the mobile phone is ubiquitous.

In the past month, three cases of suicide have been linked to the game in Punjab capital Lahore. On June 20, a 20-year-old committed suicide in Saddar Bazaar, allegedly because his parents stopped him from playing the game. On June 23, a young man ended his life in the Hanjarwal area, with police claiming his phone had been found next to his body with the PUBG game app running on it. On June 30, the body of a 30-year-old man was found in Lahore’s Factory Area, with police saying it was too soon to confirm whether or not any online games were linked to it.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
it is so dumb to ban a game just because one kid has anger issues... the odds that it will happen again is very low and i dont think someone else will ever do that again. it would be smart to ban it to people under the age of 16. then it would be smart, and warn the parents about the game on the news. that is how they were suppose to act. not ban the game for everyone...
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
(07-09-2020, 06:43 AM)OldMeister Wrote: it is so dumb to ban a game just because one kid has anger issues... the odds that it will happen again is very low and i dont think someone else will ever do that again. it would be smart to ban it to people under the age of 16. then it would be smart, and warn the parents about the game on the news. that is how they were suppose to act. not ban the game for everyone...

@OldMeister Have you read why it was TEMPORARILY banned? It's not about one kid that has anger issues. Where did you get that from?

You know, this is how fake news takes off. Someone who doesn't read a discussion properly and then comes to all kinds of uninformed conclusions. Sad
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(07-06-2020, 08:22 PM)sAmI Wrote: Yes, We have good relations with China. But, Turns out the death of a teenager was a fake news and they have temporarily banned it not permanently so i believe it will be unbanned soon as everyone is boycotting!......

I see... glad to know that it turns out to be a fake news. If so, I agree with you Pakistan should be going to unban PUBG soon.

I do hope it will happen very soon, as I would like to see a more peaceful world. Smile

even it got ban in pakistan but there are many ways to download pubg and play again so better government understand that ban this pubg app is not a issue and they should plan some thing else to make kids not addicted to play pubg game !

(07-09-2020, 04:18 PM)Khadeer143 Wrote: even it got ban in pakistan but there are many ways to download pubg and play again so better government understand that ban this pubg app is not a issue and they should plan some thing else to make kids not addicted to play pubg game !

Well, There always be ways mate, When youtube got banned in Pakistan for years, Everyone used VPN just to bypass it it didn't caused a much difference yeah the surfing was much slower back then but still it would work, I saw in FB groups people have started using VPN and made their own personal VPN to PUBG just adding them a little bit of ping. I don't think goverment can much help out in this matter, There are others addictive games for suppose DOTA, I started playing it and it is really addictive literally it would take me hours to get of it, But it didn't cause me thinking weird things. About addiction, What if the person who suicided just lost a prize pool tournament? Maybe, It's not the game which is the issue. I play alot of CS i have 5000 hours in CSGO and 16,000 in 1.6 played lots of tournament lost so many huge tournaments.
If goverment does something they would just end-up banning every game since everygame is addictive, But it depends how do you take this addiction, Is it in a good way? or a bad way.
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

Well, this step of Pakistan Telecommunication Authority is ridiculous and makes no sense of banning PUBG just because a child committed suicided since many childs are committing suicides due to the pressure of studies and what if we just start closing education institute and its just increasing the childs problem.
They are still playing it but now they cant access pubg easily which is causing more stress for them and will end up with suicide if someone is badly addicted to the game.
Now India Also banning pubg game and thats good thing for Indians to but the government don't know that there will be many way to play pubg again XD

lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting