arrow_upward

Poll: Which Theme type you use in day to day life?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dark Mode
52.94%
Light Mode
11.76%
Use both
35.29%
Neither of them matters to me
0%
Total
17 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Pages (2):
[Poll] Light or Dark Theme
Hi folks,
Post4VPS will going to have a new theme in few months and probably all other themes get inaccessible( will try our best to keep them but no promises ).

The theme gonna be responsive.

We want to take User's opinions about which theme type they usually use.
Since now a days there is Dark mode available nearly everywhere ( like discord,whatsapp,android,windows, twitter,facebook,etc ).

Please use the poll to convey your interest and if you want them you can also explain below about how frequently you use dark mode in day to day life.

Regards,
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

I would go for a dark mode but not the usual "dark theme" that is the kind of dark that is black and similar. It has to be a dark kind of color scheme that is not too dark. The current theme is indeed too bright. Especially in the morning and evening/night it hurts in the eyes. So maybe something with grey or darker kinds of blue but not real dark blue with grey.

Something like:
[Image: img_5cc0b1fba3503.png]

Or:
[Image: night-mode-twitter.png?w=730&crop=1]

I see no poll though?!?! It's there now.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
I prefer light.  However, if dark, would prefer a "non-black" colour like Microsoft Office has with its dark gray theme that looks like deep chocolate brown.  That style is not too dark, but still dark enough to be just right for me.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
i love dark mode!
increase privacy when surfing the web during the day and very comfortable when at night! and Dark Mode also makes my smartphone power efficient!
Terminal
Solo Developer
Yesterday i was almost about to post about a dark theme. I'm usually use my pc at night time alot mostly at night time yesterday i was looking if there is any dark theme available!
I would prefer a dark theme not so dark but a graiysh type theme i believe there is a Majestic theme!
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

Honestly, I'd say retain both. I did think that a dark theme would've been useful at times like HR said when it hurts the eyes.

However, the light theme is good for me too. If both of them are kept as options, we could easily switch between them according to our convenience.

As a side note, I appreciate the fact that the theme's gonna be responsive and you've taken care of mobile users like myself and @ikk157. Really appreciate! Smile

Kind regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Instead of heaving an entire debate on which tone the new theme should be in, I say make both available so everyone can use the one of their choice.

However, for the dark theme, I suggest having two variants available:

One that’s not too dark but rather a darker grey (the one @"Hidden Refuge") described.

And another that’s solid black (my personal preference... looks much better and cleaner than that ugly grey in my opinion... and saves power/battery on OLED/AMOLED phones).

Also, please make sure the theme is fully functional on mobile... there seems to be a lack of proper mobile support with the current theme, and well the other ones that broke.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
I do like the current theme if it is Light theme. However, only 1 vote was voted for this theme. I don't know why people like Dark themes, is it because it is convenient to use it at night?
(06-06-2020, 12:13 PM)Dynamo Wrote: Hi folks,
Post4VPS will going to have a new theme in few months and probably all other themes get inaccessible( will try our best to keep them but no promises ).

The theme gonna be responsive.

We want to take User's opinions about which theme type they usually use.
Since now a days there is Dark mode available nearly everywhere ( like discord,whatsapp,android,windows, twitter,facebook,etc ).

Please use the poll to convey your interest and if you want them you can also explain below about how frequently you use dark mode in day to day life.

Regards,

Trouble ahead!... 'Responsive themes' are heading your way !..

I don't really know what's all the hype this responsiveness thing is about!... But one thing I'm absolutely sure of is that you'll never fully satisfy both desktop and mobile users with one UI. Tried it time and time again... Never worked!... OR, to be precise, worked but none was satisfied!... So, why bother?!.. To be mobile-friendly with their tiny little screens, get them their own UI ?!...

Forum's UIs are kind of simplistic with essentially 3 modes: read mode, write mode PLUS the user's control area.. so might work!.. but, again, to the cost of disappointing both sides in the details... So, expect a lot of push back!

As to the theme type, I'm a dark-theme user and I've never liked the current one TILL I've start using Firefox's dark reader extension, that darkens it; thus I recommend it to our folks over here. The dark reader supports also Chrome, Safari etc.. just follow the link!

All in all, I'm not casting a vote, as not only I'm for neither one of them (dark vs light) but also I'm not for a responsive theme to start with!...

Good luck anyway!
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
to be honest i love more the dark theme because it looks better in my eye. but also i suggest to make it switchable between the themes so users will be able to choose which theme they want to use. same as many websites and applications.
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
09-20-2015, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Rishabh Jain

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting