arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porkbun end of year sale
Porkbun is having a "bye 2020" sale with some decent deals on new domain names: https://porkbun.com/event/bye2020

Some highlights:
  • .xyz for .79$ USD first year
  • .info for 1.94$ USD first year
  • .com for 4.15$ USD first year
oh wow those are some really good deals,

I'd also like to add something to OP's post.

Usually such deals add the remaining price in next year's renewals. I just went and I can see that they don't intend to add any extra fees into renewals, the domain is renewing at 8.56$
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
They offer .com for half of its normal price. Will be good for my new startup idea. Thanks @fitkoh. Surely will grab one very soon.

Edit: Just saw the offer. They offer for many domains, interesting! No .tech but its fine.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
Well recently i also bought one .com domain for 4.15$, I was actually a little in doubt as if the porkbun site is legit or not. But i saw here @deanhills recommendation and got one for my self, My domain was up in no time and their panel was really easy to use. Their renewal cost is also less as compared to other sites even from Namecheap a little bit.
Thank you for posting!
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

(12-25-2020, 04:57 AM)tiwil Wrote: They offer .com for half of its normal price. Will be good for my new startup idea. Thanks @fitkoh. Surely will grab one very soon.

Edit: Just saw the offer. They offer for many domains, interesting! No .tech but its fine.

Well I currently have a .tech domain for free because I am a student. Github Student Developer Pack gives you a free .tech domain for a year, if you are a student I'd recommend you to apply for that.

Furthermore If I am not wrong, .tech domain organization was giving away domains for free to good start up ideas, so if ur startup has a promising idea you can try contacting them via email.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
Yeah PorkBun is a really good registrar, I've the three domains for my project from them (.com, .net, .org) and I must say my experience has been awesome. They're really cheap, the three domains cost me less than $15 for the first year, instructions are easy, setting up DNSSEC with CloudFlare is a piece of cake, and the UI in general is very appealing. They also have decent support staff, I got a reply to my ticket with few questions very quickly.

@Honey ... yeah the .tech offer is pending to be claimed by me too, but on another note. the renewal cost of .tech is a bit too much, at least for me, I wouldn't spare so much for a domain whose renewal price is more than twice the sum of registering plus renewing a domain at PorkBun. However, the first year offer is good for those who do not have an immediate capital, and are gonna migrate to another TLD afterwards, or someone with too much money. Tongue
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Nice offers. Smile I have not tried Porkbun before, but it seems they are quite reliable.

I suppose it should be the right time to try it out now with this year-end sales. Particularly for their .com domain deals I think they are really competitive.

Porkbun is my current registrar for my own domain .com.
It is a very nice and serious registrar, despite the funny marketing.

These sales are amazing but why buy domains such as "info" and "xyz"?

I suggest you to get the usual com domain to avoid any problem with anti-spam services!
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(12-27-2020, 10:46 PM)LightDestory Wrote: I suggest you to get the usual com domain to avoid any problem with anti-spam services!

I totally agree. I once had a dot.info, and it was the first WordPress Website that ever got spammed. To the extent I had to pull it down. I had to drop the domain completely.

I learned then that the name one chooses and the extension are very important to avoid being targeted for spamming. Most of my domains these days are domain.net. In future I'll try .com, as I've noticed .com is almost half the price than .net these days. How times have changed!
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(12-28-2020, 04:00 AM)deanhills Wrote: I totally agree.  I once had a dot.info, and it was the first WordPress Website that ever got spammed.  To the extent I had to pull it down.  I had to drop the domain completely.

I learned then that the name one chooses and the extension are very important to avoid being targeted for spamming.  Most of my domains these days are domain.net.  In future I'll try .com, as I've noticed .com is almost half the price than .net these days.  How times have changed!

Interesting ... I've only owned one .com domain till date, the one for my project that too, redirects to the .org (just registered to reserve our project name). I have  a .me for my portfolio, first year free from NameCheap and second year renewed myself. It's doing quite well, gets lots of visits and so do my other domains which aren't ".com"s. I've had WordPress too, and a blog until a year ago when I no longer had the time for it's maintenance, it was visited but never spammed as such. 

Thing is, all my domains are behind CloudFlare, till date there was only a flood attack on one of my domains, and CF's anti-DDoS feature served quite well to mitigate the attack in hours. I think you should consider this rather than sticking to ".com", well they are company domains afterall, even though they've become general purpose nowadays.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting