arrow_upward

Pages (16): Jump to page 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post4VPS Post Counter Script
(06-05-2016, 11:25 AM)Dynamo Wrote:
(06-04-2016, 10:57 PM)karatekidmonkey Wrote: Well done, this is a great project!
I like the look of it too (the background and text on it).
However, may I ask how you made this (some type of framework? etc)?
And by that I mean how you managed to create the image (not count the posts).

you mean how i am able to print all those text to that image?
Well its all imagettfstroketext()'s Magic.
Yes, that's what I meant. 
I hadn't known about PHP's imagettfstroketext function, maybe I'll use that later on Smile
Thanks  for letting me know!
Cool! what a great work! hmm can I suggest something? I just think if we can put this under the Credits?

[Image: 502360a08b.png]
Like this in the image above?
(06-03-2016, 09:21 AM)Dynamo Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 07:47 AM)Conan Wrote: Post the source code because it should be open source since transfusion's code is open source.
There were some problems going one with running it directly with nginx webhost (it not counts posts at all), and in Apache the texts are not clear because of some reason so i am running it half in Apache and half in nginx by separating its files into 2(we are working on it), and there might be many more bugs that's why i don't wants to release a buggy version.

(06-03-2016, 07:47 AM)Conan Wrote: And what did you mean I wasn't ready? I simply didn't have enough time.
I mean that only ( wasn't ready as he was busy at that time, though i had u some months ago).

If you open source it, people can help you fix bugs. As simple as that.

Also when saying "He wasn't ready is a lot different than saying "he was busy at that time""

(06-05-2016, 02:12 PM)karatekidmonkey Wrote:
(06-05-2016, 11:25 AM)Dynamo Wrote:
(06-04-2016, 10:57 PM)karatekidmonkey Wrote: Well done, this is a great project!
I like the look of it too (the background and text on it).
However, may I ask how you made this (some type of framework? etc)?
And by that I mean how you managed to create the image (not count the posts).

you mean how i am able to print all those text to that image?
Yes, that's what I meant. 
I hadn't known about PHP's imagettfstroketext function, maybe I'll use that later on Smile
Thanks  for letting me know!
imagettfstroketext() is a function made by someone. (I forgot but you can check Transfusion's github repo called MyBBPostCounter. The function is there and the credits are there.)
imagettfsroketext is different from imagettftext as imagettftext is a native function and imagettfstroketext is not.
http://FreeVPS.club - Free VPSs!
Conan Wrote:Also when saying "He wasn't ready is a lot different than saying "he was busy at that time""
i can't see much deference..
If a user was not ready for something then there might have his personal reasons too and here you had you were busy. first Time i had asked you then you had told that "you ran into problems"(i really can't understand which problem it can be as if you have fixed transfusion's script and its simply matter of sec in replacing the URL, might u have changed something more than that?) and after some time when i again asked you then you had told that "your exams were coming after one week", and after that you had never responded me again.

Conan Wrote:imagettfstroketext() is a function made by someone. (I forgot but you can check Transfusion's github repo called MyBBPostCounter. The function is there and the credits are there.)
imagettfsroketext is different from imagettftext as imagettftext is a native function and imagettfstroketext is not.
Imagetfftextstrok is just an advance version of imagetfftext where text would have borders.
if you need Imagetfftextstroke's function then then you can have this: http://johnciacia.com/2010/01/04/using-p...r-to-text/
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

(06-03-2016, 07:47 AM)Conan Wrote: Post the source code because it should be open source since transfusion's code is open source.
And what did you mean I wasn't ready? I simply didn't have enough time.

So i released my source code for MyBBpostCounter, it is available on github at https://github.com/DarkPowerInvader/MyBBpostCounter.

(06-05-2016, 11:25 AM)Dynamo Wrote: you mean how i am able to print all those text to that image?

the imagettfstroketext() function is not from php its an custom function from John ciacia at http://johnciacia.com/2010/01/04/using-p...r-to-text/
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
I'm aware of the difference bwtween strok and regular imagetfftext.
Thanks for clarifying though Smile
(06-06-2016, 01:14 PM)Dynamo Wrote:
Conan Wrote:Also when saying "He wasn't ready is a lot different than saying "he was busy at that time""
If a user was not ready for something then there might have his personal reasons too and here you had you were busy. first Time i had asked you then you had told that "you ran into problems"(i really can't understand which problem it can be as if you have fixed transfusion's script and its simply matter of sec in replacing the URL, might u have changed something more than that?) and after some time when i again asked you then you had told that "your exams were coming after one week", and after that you had never responded me again.

Not ready is not prepared. Being busy is not being prepared.
Also porting the script is not just changing the link. If you really coded the post counter, you should've known. DOM structures are different. You would need to analyze the structures for a bit of time. Then code then test/debug. If you used the same theme as the old freevps and used mybb1.6 it should've been almost as easy as changing links.

Yes I am a busy person. I couldn't go browse forums for more than 1 hour a day. And I don't have the time to analyze the structure of your forum.
(06-07-2016, 09:36 AM)Conan Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 01:14 PM)Dynamo Wrote:

Not ready is not prepared. Being busy is not being prepared.
Also porting the script is not just changing the link. If you really coded the post counter, you should've known. DOM structures are different. You would need to analyze the structures for a bit of time. Then code then test/debug. If you used the same theme as the old freevps and used mybb1.6 it should've been almost as easy as changing links.

Yes I am a busy person. I couldn't go browse forums for more than 1 hour a day. And I don't have the time to analyze the structure of your forum.

Well, I had revised this:
foreach($html->find('table[class="tborder"] tr[class="inline_row"]') as $element)
and removed those ignore 2 rows codes,added some more substr() and it started counting posts correctly,(i had tested it for other forums too [including freevps] and it was working fine). i really wonder what you change to fix its postcount (if you can release your version of postcount then it can be easy to see that in which manner you have changed the postcount script, and i might suggest something so it can work for every forum).
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

(06-07-2016, 10:19 AM)Dynamo Wrote: Well, I had revised this:
foreach($html->find('table[class="tborder"] tr[class="inline_row"]') as $element)
and removed those ignore 2 rows codes,added some more substr() and it started counting posts correctly,(i had tested it for other forums too [including freevps] and it was working fine). i really wonder what you change to fix its postcount (if you can release your version of postcount then it can be easy to see that in which manner you have changed the postcount script, and i might suggest something so it can work for every forum).
"i really can't understand which problem it can be as if you have fixed transfusion's script and its simply matter of sec in replacing the URL, might u have changed something more than that?"
How did you find that path? By analyzing the structure of the website right?
You said that it's easy as changing the URL and I said it's not as easy as that as you need to change the paths used in the script. And to change the paths you need to analyze the structure of your forum.

If you changed more than just changing the links when you said that you only need to replace the link, you contradicted yourself.

Also I don't use simple_html_dom in the image post counter I made. So it isn't easy as changing that. I only used the image generation part of Transfusion's code. I didn't use simple_html_dom because having a huge class file that isn't needed now would be more confusing when debugging.
I discarded my code now and I'm using S.L.C.'s code as a base because it is more efficient. The source is on my github account.
(06-07-2016, 11:09 AM)Conan Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 10:19 AM)Dynamo Wrote: Well, I had revised this:
"i really can't understand which problem it can be as if you have fixed transfusion's script and its simply matter of sec in replacing the URL, might u have changed something more than that?"
How did you find that path? By analyzing the structure of the website right?
You said that it's easy as changing the URL and I said it's not as easy as that as you need to change the paths used in the script. And to change the paths you need to analyze the structure of your forum.

If you changed more than just changing the links when you said that you only need to replace the link, you contradicted yourself.
i told:
so here i am talking after you have fixed the transfusion's script (as those paths were generally used by ever user friendly Mybb 1.8.x version script, but you had already got an fixed version of that script right ?(no matter for whichever forum it was) then it just needed link replacement but you were talking of changing path according to my theme("If you really coded the post counter, you should've known. DOM structures are different. You would need to analyze the structures for a bit of time."), but it only needed to change the path just once(for updating it for MyBB 1.8.x version) and it would be ready for every forum which have user friendly URL system and have basic structure of HTML codes in search and profile page (so postcounter can crawl the info).If you have done anything Extra than that then i would be happy to look into your script Smile
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

Pages (16): Jump to page 
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
08-22-2019, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Mashiro

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting