arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ransomware is invading?
(05-15-2017, 11:27 AM)Sagnik Wrote: Simple solution: Use Linux. Say no to Winbloze. We linux users don't give a damn to viruses.

using linux is much secure but for some people they doesnt get the familiarity of windows and making feeling uncomfotrable . but for me i still can use linux and by the way the exploit is already patched in march so as long as you update your windows often and have a strong antivirus your windows can be as secure as linux . but remember NO SYSTEM IS SAFE
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(05-14-2017, 06:20 PM)perryoo11 Wrote: everyone needs to update their windows to the latest version.
microsoft released a patch for it.

What you mean if my PC / Laptop got Windows 7 should I update to Windows 10? or just it's Windows Update? because I turn of my windows update lol.
(05-15-2017, 03:25 PM)Vuluts Wrote: What you mean if my PC / Laptop got Windows 7 should I update to Windows 10? or just it's Windows Update? because I turn of my windows update lol.

you dont need to . what you need to do is just update your windows or disable SMBv1 and also the most important is blocking the port because that is the reason many big company get hacked because they doesnt block the port

AND THIS RANSOMWARE IS SPREADING LIKE CRAZY . RECENTLY MY UNDERWEAR INFECTED BY THE RANSOMWARE
[Image: BL0rcem.png]
Terminal
Linux is linux. It can't be compared to Windows which in itself is a spyware (see Windows 10 telemetry). Also, Microsoft is so desperate to 'spy' on its users that they have disabled windows updates of previous versions like 8 or 7. Also, in linux, you don't care about antivirus softwares. So, it would be a much wiser choice to adopt to Linux as your daily driver.

However, Windows definitely gives users a better UI, and that is what drives the users towards Windows. And as Linus has mentioned it before, Linux was developed to be a desktop OS, and it sucks the most at that part. But things are changing, and will change.
(05-15-2017, 03:43 PM)Sagnik Wrote: Linux is linux. It can't be compared to Windows which in itself is a spyware (see Windows 10 telemetry). Also, Microsoft is so desperate to 'spy' on its users that they have disabled windows updates of previous versions like 8 or 7. Also, in linux, you don't care about antivirus softwares. So, it would be a much wiser choice to adopt to Linux as your daily driver.

However, Windows definitely gives users a better UI, and that is what drives the users towards Windows. And as Linus has mentioned it before, Linux was developed to be a desktop OS, and it sucks the most at that part. But things are changing, and will change.

well it doesnt suck . if it suck linux will not be used in server but in reality almost all servers run linux because they secure , open source , free and have more flexibility . and linux is not spy free either . ubuntu found using telemetery in their search box . for antivirus yes you probably does not really need to care about that because linux antivirus is mostly detecting windows virus that doesnt even affect your linux machine .

for UI is actually sort of . i see some linux that have much better ui than windows but what make windows ui really great because of its familiarity most people already know how to use it and are getting used to windows making hard to switch to other operating system or feel uncomfortable when using other os

windows 10 update cannot be disabled in home edition without any third party tweaks . but that is the good thing in updating windows even though its drain your resource , time and internet usage it will make your windows more secure . as you know the eternalblue exploit that used by wannacry is actually already patched in march by microsoft user that update often probably doesnt get the ransomware and also windows update will be fixing bug also so your system will be much safer and secure with windows update

the problem i seeing with people doesnt update is simply because they are using pirated windows and as you know if you update a pirated windows it will lose the activation and say windows isnt genuine and something like that
Terminal
Nothing Is insecure for people who remains up to date and alert.
Microsoft already had release a Patch for this I guess: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...7-010.aspx

(05-15-2017, 03:35 PM)humanpuff69 Wrote: AND THIS RANSOMWARE IS SPREADING LIKE CRAZY .
You are right Winking Tongue
[Image: 7cc32e8366.png]
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

Here are some tips to prevent wanna cry ransom attack.

[Image: YfPiVin.jpg]

Photo Credits to DICT
media is making wannacry look really dangerous . everybody afraid to use their computer . in my country even the goverment say that you shoudnt not turn on the computer and in one of the city in my country they turn off the internet but i think they forget something really important

THE EXPLOIT CANNOT BE USED ON A NETWORK THAT DOESNT HAVE SMB PORT OPEN . and most consumer or even bussiness rarely OPEN THE SMB PORT because if they want to transfer file i think most of them are using FTP or cloud storage like google drive , dropbox , etc

in my theory there are 2 reason that people get infected by wannacry through the network
1.the network administrator want to open some port but they lazy enough so they open all port
2. they open the SMB port because they need it to use SMB outside the LAN

the reason no.1 is much more make sense but even though they open the port if your windows is up to date and also close the SMBv1 you probably safe

that iw my opinion ? what yours comment below
Terminal
(05-16-2017, 05:34 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: media is making wannacry look really dangerous . everybody afraid to use their computer . in my country even the goverment say that you shoudnt not turn on the computer and in one of the city in my country they turn off the internet but i think they forget something really important

THE EXPLOIT CANNOT BE USED ON A NETWORK THAT DOESNT HAVE SMB PORT OPEN . and most consumer or even bussiness rarely OPEN THE SMB PORT because if they want to transfer file i think most of them are using FTP or cloud storage like google drive , dropbox , etc

in my theory there are 2 reason that people get infected by wannacry through the network
1.the network administrator want to open some port but they lazy enough so they open all port
2. they open the SMB port because they need it to use SMB outside the LAN

the reason no.1 is much more make sense but even though they open the port if your windows is up to date and also close the SMBv1 you probably safe

that iw my opinion ? what yours comment below

Everyone is scared of using internet these days. People say to be aware of FBI etc spying on you. There are many companies who advertise VPNs now...
Thank you VPSlices and Post4VPS for your beautiful VPS!
(05-17-2017, 04:16 AM)Golden Wrote: Everyone is scared of using internet these days. People say to be aware of FBI etc spying on you. There are many companies who advertise VPNs now...

well in reality its actually not easy to spy people . it is not as easy as you think . basically the FBI or someone that want to spying on you need to install some RAT or remote administration tool on your computer . they can bundle it with software or something . but basically the goal is to install that backdoor or rat into your computer

once the victim installed the rat . the hacker can have a full privillege of your computer and with that they can open your camera , hear through your microphone , see what you doing , see your files , installing another virueses and more . but that doesnt mean you should afraid

the good news is that this type of virueses is easy to detect . most antivirus will detect a rat easily because most of them have sort of same code . and to be secure what you need to do is tape your microphone and webcam . yes microphone too because they can hear you too
Terminal

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-17-2017, 04:32 AM
Last Post: Golden

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting