arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I recently heard one of my online acquaintance complain of being hit by a Ransomware. It took out his entire data. They asked for " ransom " to get it decrypted. As far as I know, he suffered data loss as he chose to format the entire drive. Has anyone you know ever got hit ?
Thanks  @Post4VPS

probably he have searched infected sites.
installing applications that aren't legit.
Possible. He never discussed about how he got infected. May be, even he does not know. Sometimes, other than our own mistakes, we simply get unlucky.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

(06-06-2016, 08:57 PM)meetdilip Wrote: I recently heard one of my online acquaintance complain of being hit by a Ransomware. It took out his entire data. They asked for " ransom " to get it decrypted. As far as I know, he suffered data loss as he chose to format the entire drive. Has anyone you know ever got hit ?

He should use BTRFS file system and his pc will be protected against Ransomware encryptors. 
But this works only under Linux of course.
Tell me more about BTRFS please. Can we have it on Windows 7 and above ? Is it available for Ubuntu ?
Thanks  @Post4VPS

I never got attacked by a Ransomware virus or malicious programs but i got attacked by an file encryption virus on my pen drive which hides all the files on it but hopefully i was able to fix that without any anti-virus or anti-malware program.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
(06-09-2016, 03:10 PM)TrK Wrote: I never got attacked by a Ransomware virus or malicious programs but i got attacked by an file encryption virus on my pen drive which hides all the files on it but hopefully i was able to fix that without any anti-virus or anti-malware program.

I had same problem with this virus but on my old laptop and I couldnt do anything and only way to fix it I had to format it.
(06-09-2016, 06:30 PM)kubanek_kuba Wrote:
(06-09-2016, 03:10 PM)TrK Wrote: I never got attacked by a Ransomware virus or malicious programs but i got attacked by an file encryption virus on my pen drive which hides all the files on it but hopefully i was able to fix that without any anti-virus or anti-malware program.

I had same problem with this virus but on my old laptop and I couldnt do anything and only way to fix it I had to format it.

really, cause that virus is just a bunch of vbs scripting codes i guess anyone can easily detect its location(generally it copies it self on flash drive root and users temporary files), stop the windows script service from taskmanager after enable hidden system files and then identify .vbs script and delete that.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
(06-08-2016, 02:51 PM)Dudi Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 08:57 PM)meetdilip Wrote: I recently heard one of my online acquaintance complain of being hit by a Ransomware. It took out his entire data. They asked for " ransom " to get it decrypted. As far as I know, he suffered data loss as he chose to format the entire drive. Has anyone you know ever got hit ?

He should use BTRFS file system and his pc will be protected against Ransomware encryptors. 
But this works only under Linux of course.

Most ransomwares won't work on linux. So technically just switching to linux is fine :3

I got hit once like 5 years ago. But it didn't encrypt my files. It just blocks task manager, explorer, and other ways to access your pc. It just displays a text that asks you to send money. I just switched to Safe mode and removed the startup entry lol.
http://FreeVPS.club - Free VPSs!
actually most ransomware spread through email . but in my country (indonesia) i see a local ransomware that spread through social media rather than email . cryptolocker also known as the first ransomware is spread trough email . even tough there are rarely people that use email for converstation anymore . bussiness and enterprise still using email and as you already know bussiness and enterprise have a lot lot of money so they can pay the ransom and ransomware maker can get money

but the best way if you get ransomware is not to pay the ransom because it mean that you support the ransomware maker . and if you get ransomware you take that and learn it . and make sure to always backup your data to prevent ransomware
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
01-03-2018, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Arkiven4

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting