arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend me a good antivirus
(09-08-2019, 12:42 AM)Rzarcasm Wrote:
Malwarebytes
is probably the best hands down, in my opinion.
Totally agreed with Malwarebytes.  However I just find the paid version that much too expensive.  Regrettably, because it's so good.  I only use the free version, that is good for when you have already detected the possibility of a problem and need to scan for something that may already be there.  Malwarebytes can only really be preventative if you have the paid actively turned on version.

I agree that other anti-virus software like Nortons (which I haven't used in a while) or Kaspersky, have become just too intrusive, dragging on one's system.  I reckon that a good anti-virus software is one that isn't in your face and you shouldn't be aware it is there unless there is a real problem.  I hate pop ups of any kind.

Right now I realize I'm not as well protected I should be, I have Windows 7 Professional and am using free Microsoft Security Solutions as it is light on my system.  I tried Kaspersky before and it's really very heavy on my RAM and system resources.  I had to let go of it.  I also have the free version of Malwarebytes that I use now and then to scan. I'm not sure whether I'm correct but I think with Kaspersky it's serving all of the Windows at the same time, and there are massive definitions that aren't applicable to Windows 7, that one loads at the same time when one loads Kaspersky.

A good thing of course when one knows one doesn't have ultimate protection is one is just much more careful than usual. I don't do risky ventures on the internet. I don't use Torrent or visit higher-risk download areas. I understand things are still liable to happen as I do use the Internet many hours every day. But being careful is probably a number 1 preventive measure.

(09-08-2019, 12:42 AM)Rzarcasm Wrote: Another great software is ESET NOD32, with the cool robot on the software. It scans web page objects, unspecified, allows you to watch file activity to see if anything has changed, and much more.
Thanks for reminding us of this suggestion.  I've also heard good reports of them but haven't tried them yet.  Maybe when I upgrade to new hardware one day, I'll use them.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I rarely use antivirus because im not using windows ans most linux antivirus just find for windows viruses so it is useless

But my favorite antivirus when using windows is malwarebytes . It just works and remove most of the pup and malware that some or most antivirus didnt .
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
i'll recommend Windows Defender if you re using windows. stable, light. Doesn't waste resources. Its free and easy to use. Since I installed it I never heard from it again. This is how a anti-virus program should work.
Many thanks to Abc-Hosters LLC and post4vps for the VPS 3  Party

- Sorry for my bad English

(09-17-2019, 02:29 AM)maroon93 Wrote: i'll recommend Windows Defender if you re using windows. stable, light. Doesn't waste resources. Its free and easy to use. Since I installed it I never heard from it again. This is how a anti-virus program should work.

It actually eat lot of resource and disk usage like any other antivirus

i try it on pc with slow hdd and it eat lot of resource . Disabling it fix the problem
Terminal
I've been using Emsisoft ( Premium ) they do have a 30 day free trial, I've used it for a couple years now & have had no issues with it. Doesn't interfere with any of my games, has plugins from chrome etc to prevent phishing websites & such.
always see before click is the best practice for avoiding viruses without any antivirus . But that doesnt make antivirus useless

Antivirus add protection when you fail to identify what virus and what not with cost of system resource most of the time
Terminal
Pages (3):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting