arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recover corrupted hard drive data
Hello . I burned my computer hard drive a few days ago and Windows shut down and never came back up. Now can I recover and restore hard drive data?

This is a photo of the hard drive and its specifications. And my second question is what hard drive can I get for the game and how much does it cost

photo of hard .[Image: 161838384857881.jpg]
Thanks Post4VPS
i suggest you if you can have a windows recovery usb and see if you can see the hard disk.
if you can you could also attempt to rollback failed updates.

for disk check:
just go with the installation process until it makes you select the hdd you want to install it on.
but don't continue after just make sure it's percent.
if that fails you could attempt to change sata ports or power cord.

when using installation:
don't press continue but press on repair this pc
search in the menu for uninstall updates.
and continue from there

hard disks are getting cheap nowadays as well as ssd's if you know where to find.
you could consider a 250 gig ssd for a increased.
(04-14-2021, 07:20 AM)perry Wrote: i suggest you if you can have a windows recovery usb and see if you can see the hard disk.
if you can you could also attempt to rollback failed updates.

for disk check:
just go with the installation process until it makes you select the hdd you want to install it on.
but don't continue after just make sure it's percent.
if that fails you could attempt to change sata ports or power cord.

when using installation:
don't press continue but press on repair this pc
search in the menu for uninstall updates.
and continue from there

hard disks are getting cheap nowadays as well as ssd's if you know where to find.
you could consider a 250 gig ssd for a increased.

I have connected the hard drive to the computer alone, but the blue screen comes and writes this text
Recovery I/O with a X0000F... Error . and windows down again . i can't enter with windows repair . he dont let me .
can i recovery with sofware with 2 hard drive?and ty for awsner
Thanks Post4VPS
this sounds like a repair that prob costs more than just buying a new hard disk.
hopefully you have backups of your important data.

"i can't enter with windows repair"
i'm talking about a installation media you boot from. and attempt to repair it from that
Create a USB thumb drive with a live Linux distribution (Ubuntu as an example). Connect it to your computer and boot from it. Mount the HDD in Linux and see if you can access the files on it. If you can access the files you could copy them over to a seconnd HDD or a backup drive.

Mount HDDs in Linux:

1. Open the terminal.
2. Enter "sudo lsblk" to get a list of devices and find your hard drive and the Windows partition on it. Write down the device path (e.g. HDD is sda and partition is 1 it would be sda1 for the Windows partition).
3. Enter "sudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt" to mount the Windows partition into the mnt folder.
4. Open the file explorer of your Linux distribution and go to the mnt folder. Inside there you should see the Windows stuff like the Windows folder, Program files, Users and etc.

To unmount you can use "sudo umount /dev/sda1". Before you try to unmount something make sure you have no window open that has access to /mnt or you are copying any files or have any files open.

Get a 500 GB SSD if you could live with 320 GB HDD you will be surprised how fast your OS and apps will work with a SSD.

E.g. https://www.amazon.nl/Western-Digital-Wd...B073SBZ8YH (afaik you're from the Netherlands?) or https://www.amazon.nl/Kingston-SA400S37-...B01N0TQPQB
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
To piggy back off of everyone else, I would get a 500GB ssd. A little IT trick I learned with mechanical drives is you can stick them in the freezer and sometimes you will be able to use them to quickly pull data off if it has burned up. I'm not going to guarantee this will work 100%, but I've had to do it a few times and I am running a 2 for 3 average on this trick. Then follow @Mashiro's advice of using Linux to view files on the disk and get them ready for transfer.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
(04-14-2021, 11:10 AM)perry Wrote: this sounds like a repair that prob costs more than just buying a new hard disk.
hopefully you have backups of your important data.

"i can't enter with windows repair"
i'm talking about a installation media you boot from. and attempt to repair it from that

Thank you for your help. But this did not work because technically the hard drive does not boot, but according to the hard drive repairman and the information for the last 30 days was recovered, but I want to proceed with the linux method that our dear friend said. Anyway, thank you

(04-14-2021, 02:51 PM)Mashiro Wrote: Create a USB thumb drive with a live Linux distribution (Ubuntu as an example). Connect it to your computer and boot from it. Mount the HDD in Linux and see if you can access the files on it. If you can access the files you could copy them over to a seconnd HDD or a backup drive.

Mount HDDs in Linux:

1. Open the terminal.
2. Enter "sudo lsblk" to get a list of devices and find your hard drive and the Windows partition on it. Write down the device path (e.g. HDD is sda and partition is 1 it would be sda1 for the Windows partition).
3. Enter "sudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt" to mount the Windows partition into the mnt folder.
4. Open the file explorer of your Linux distribution and go to the mnt folder. Inside there you should see the Windows stuff like the Windows folder, Program files, Users and etc.

To unmount you can use "sudo umount /dev/sda1". Before you try to unmount something make sure you have no window open that has access to /mnt or you are copying any files or have any files open.

Get a 500 GB SSD if you could live with 320 GB HDD you will be surprised how fast your OS and apps will work with a SSD.

E.g. https://www.amazon.nl/Western-Digital-Wd...B073SBZ8YH (afaik you're from the Netherlands?) or https://www.amazon.nl/Kingston-SA400S37-...B01N0TQPQB

Do I have to connect two hard drives to the computer? Can I use the hard drive again with the Linux operating system in addition to copying the hard drive information?
Thanks Post4VPS
Of course you have to connect both hard drives to the computer and in that case you have to mount both hard drives in seperate mount points (e.g. /mnt/hdd1 and /mnt/hdd2).

What do you mean with "use the hard drive again with the Linux operating system in addition to copying the hard drive information"? You should backup the data that you can backup to a seperate hard drive. I wouldn't use the broken hard drive afterwards.

It would be the best to backup all your data to something like a portable USB drive, remove the broken HDD, install the new HDD, install your OS and after that copy of the backed up files to your new OS on the new HDD/SSD.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(04-14-2021, 07:07 AM)hamed Wrote: Hello . I burned my computer hard drive a few days ago and Windows shut down and never came back up. Now can I recover and restore hard drive data?
As far as I can see/read, the problem here is an un-bootable system, not a 'dead' hard drive.

It's one thing to have a corrupt system partition that end up making the system unable to boot and it's an entirely different thing to have a completely -and definitively- dead hard drive.

Thus you have to first rule out the first option before jumping to replace the hard drive... and I hope you know how to fix a corrupt system partition.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
(04-16-2021, 08:22 PM)fChk Wrote: As far as I can see/read, the problem here is an un-bootable system, not a 'dead' hard drive.

It's one thing to have a corrupt system partition that end up making the system unable to boot and it's an entirely different thing to have a completely -and definitively- dead hard drive.

Thus you have to first rule out the first option before jumping to replace the hard drive... and I hope you know how to fix a corrupt system partition.

No, I have tested with another hard drive and Windows has run perfectly without any problems. The problem is not the computer or boot. Please read the topic thoroughly first and then comment. Thank you
Thanks Post4VPS
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting