arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robotics - The Future Shaper or Destroyer?
Hey guys,

Finally I found sometime to post this, which I wanted to post since the last few days.

As the title itself suggests, this is in regards to the growing influence of technology in our daily lives. From a simple call to complex functions, everything is influenced by technology nowadays.

Among this, I'd like to highlight the emerging influence of Robotics in this sector. These days, a lot of innovation is taking place in this area. It's a rapidly emerging field for jobs and is if utmost importance. The other day, we'd a workshop at our school. It was organised by NIIT, New Delhi a well-reputed University in India. The professor who'd come to counsel also highlighted this. She said that Robotics is so rapidly emerging that by 2024, this industry will be occupying 23% of the GDP and will be employing millions of people around the globe.

This to definitely good, considering that I'm associated with this. We'd a Arduino workshop in our city, organized by IIT Delhi. Of course, I couldn't attend it, as it involved financial investment. But as far as I heard from my juniors who did attend, it was very fruitful and they taught about the basics of C language too, which forms the base of Arduino.

It's indeed good that we're having such a technological revolution, however, I think we're losing human values and morals due to this transition. My view is that we're not being able to preserve the humane feelings, which otherwise would well-balance out these revolution.

For instance, the other day I received a newsletter in which I read that, a school in Bangalore becomes the first in India to formally introduce and be implement the concept of robo-teachers. What robo-teachers? Sounds weird, doesn't it? Well it's true, read about this here

What are we heading towards? It's indeed a definite achievement that everything is heading towards automation, but not something to be appreciated so much, unless we're ready to bear is deadly consequences. Tell me something, can a robo-teacher ever replace a human teacher? Can those humanly values of love, compassion and care be ever executed by a machine, which is programmed to nothing beyond teaching? A.I. right? Artificial Intelligence. Wow! Such a solid word. But are the works done by it as solid? Can a tablet or a laptop filled with the most valued educational matter in every replace a book? You think it's possible? I don't.

I will never stand by such an idiotic concept. If machines teach humans, they're ultimately programming them to be machines, nothing else. Mark my words! There will be a day, when humans will regret this, but then it'll be too late. Thing's are still under control. Humans make robots, not vice-versa. If robots start manufacturing humanoids, then ... I've nothing to say.

Robots are good slaves but bad masters. If things continue this way, a day will come when robots will take over the world, and we'll be their peons. That day we'll be able to do nothing, but just gaze till it's all over. A thing which humans don't understand if that they make robots- why allow them to take three better of us?

I think I've spoken a lot. Now it's your turn guys. Lemme know what you think about this. I'm sure we'll have a great discussion on this.

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
I'm sorry but she looks horrible and I don't know why are kids not scared yet seeing her.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
We don't know what will happen to the future!
Robots with artificial intelligence are the worst thing for the future!
Because they could be programmed to destroy the world!
Terminal
Solo Developer
I'm worried about the growing population and the ability to educate, train and employ them. The more robots that are around, the less jobs there are around. Take the finance industry for example that wants to force every one to do banking on their phones, whether they're able to do so or not. So they can get rid of live banking. Less clerical jobs. Old people who are vulnerable because they can't work well with phones or auto tellers. Like this whole robotic thing can be both good, but if not checked properly dehumanize people.

@sohamb03 hope that one day when you become an employer you'll always think as you do today and don't get divorced from society like the current members of boards of banking institutions have become. Their workers are almost treated like robots without being robots, and they're investing maximum technology to robotosize their banks.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(10-07-2019, 04:18 PM)deanhills Wrote: I'm worried about the growing population and the ability to educate, train and employ them. The more robots that are around, the less jobs there are around. Take the finance industry for example that wants to force every one to do banking on their phones, whether they're able to do so or not. So they can get rid of live banking. Less clerical jobs. Old people who are vulnerable because they can't work well with phones or auto tellers. Like this whole robotic thing can be both good, but if not checked properly dehumanize people.

@sohamb03 hope that one day when you become an employer you'll always think as you do today and don't get divorced from society like the current members of boards of banking institutions have become. Their workers are almost treated like robots without being robots, and they're investing maximum technology to robotosize their banks.

Let's not think about how robots would take over the world. Our method of working is drifting back to the old age. "Strongest rule". So help as many humans as possible for you and learn stuff that could employ you/get you settled in this AI industry because, in the upcoming future, it will be simply going to be a global crisis for jobs and what not due to robots. Work hard today and get yourself on the safe side and you'll survive with your fellows whom you've helped.
"Detroit: Become Human" is a game that was massively popular in 2017 , almost every gaming youtuber played it. The same thing is happening in this game due to Robots becoming so Advanced (AI) there are no jobs left for people. The whole game revolves around this situation only.

Btw I love that game Tongue
Thanks to Host4Fun and Post4VPS for my VPS 1.
(10-08-2019, 05:28 AM)Manal Wrote: Let's not think about how robots would take over the world. Our method of working is drifting back to the old age. "Strongest rule". So help as many humans as possible for you and learn stuff that could employ you/get you settled in this AI industry because, in the upcoming future, it will be simply going to be a global crisis for jobs and what not due to robots. Work hard today and get yourself on the safe side and you'll survive with your fellows whom you've helped.

@Manal  Not all people are as lucky as you and I are to cope with a world of automation as best as we can.  The majority of people are suffering with the very basics that many of us are taking for granted.  Food to eat, and a roof over the head.  It's a dog eat dog world out there with the only rule being survival of the fittest.  Yes, of course we all need to adapt or die.  But there are some of us who care about those who aren't in the same league and aren't as privileged as we have been to have access to education and ability to learn how to cope with robotics.  

I'd say the majority of the world is fighting to get a job so they can feed the many mouths around them.  That majority has either no access or very poor access to basic education.  A much smaller minority are lucky in that they got some education basics to tool them up for the world of automation and robotics.  They seem to be all congregating in the big cities of the world, which are bursting at its seams and where people are competing with one another to get into those few jobs that are available, or to provide services from their own companies in competition with other companies.  And of course because of less jobs and tougher competition for jobs, you find more people falling out of the system, getting crazy in the head, or ending up on the pavements of those large cities - being just the right kind too to vent their anger during strikes and what not - i.e. adding to the instability, lawlessness and ultimately disease.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Robots have an amazing capacity to lessen the workload of people. Decreasing jobs and feeding people are not something I worry too much about - the jobs lost to robots I believe will open up more opportunities in different areas, mostly creative jobs: writing, photography, music, etc.

I also believe robots made for farming should increase the food production of the planet and feed more people.

What concerns me is that robots have certain weaknesses: namely a limited ability to adapt. Their dependence on electricity could also a major downfall.

As food production grows more homogenized, with more farms producing the same types of food, we become vulnerable to disaster. Evolution could greet us with a fungus or insect that feeds heavily on corn and rice for example, and the robot farmers that only know how to grow one thing one way may not be able to overcome. A massive solar flare, like the one that knocked out the world's electrical grid in the 1800s could wipe the disc of every computer on the planet and be catastrophic to our modern dependence on robots.

I believe the solution lies in simpler methods that kept people alive in ancient times. Every school might want a gardening class, or educate students on foraging in the wild. Local farms could return to a variety of foods grown rather than a single crop, and begin restoring the diversity we had 200 years ago. Homes subject to cold environments might include a wood stove or fireplace.

I see no problems with a robotic workforce as long as systems are in place to protect us against robotic failure and human dependence.
Robots has already been taking over some jobs in the world. Let's face it. This technology trend cannot be stopped.

You may not like this happen, as it will kill many low-skill jobs, but unavoidably this is our future.

(10-08-2019, 09:45 AM)deanhills Wrote: @Manal  Not all people are as lucky as you and I are to cope with a world of automation as best as we can.  The majority of people are suffering with the very basics that many of us are taking for granted.  Food to eat, and a roof over the head.  It's a dog eat dog world out there with the only rule being survival of the fittest.  Yes, of course we all need to adapt or die.  But there are some of us who care about those who aren't in the same league and aren't as privileged as we have been to have access to education and ability to learn how to cope with robotics.  

I'd say the majority of the world is fighting to get a job so they can feed the many mouths around them.  That majority has either no access or very poor access to basic education.  A much smaller minority are lucky in that they got some education basics to tool them up for the world of automation and robotics.  They seem to be all congregating in the big cities of the world, which are bursting at its seams and where people are competing with one another to get into those few jobs that are available, or to provide services from their own companies in competition with other companies.  And of course because of less jobs and tougher competition for jobs, you find more people falling out of the system, getting crazy in the head, or ending up on the pavements of those large cities - being just the right kind too to vent their anger during strikes and what not - i.e. adding to the instability, lawlessness and ultimately disease.

I totally understand. Instead of being "overly" generous, try to help a little. Like you close ones first. Learn AI, get deeper and you'll find yourself on the safe side. With what you'll be earning(since earning in AI would be a fortune due to less competition initially), you'll be helping the needy ones with your ability. If you protest against bots taking over your jobs, no one is gonna listen since corporates would find bots much more efficient than that of people whom they have to pay while bots sucking up just voltage which would mostly be in the form of solar.

Now if you really want to be generous, learn AI and get into corporate. Once you get into corporate, work hard and get your company into tech giants. Now employ people Smile. By employing, you're helping them. Keep up the good work and as you progress, you'll discover more ways how you can help people.

I totally understand that not everybody will get into this but "Survival of the fittest, elimination of the weak, start fighting, or you'll be thrown out of your fleet" where the fleet stands for success/progress. I know it's lame but I wrote it.

I wish the world would be as simple as it is shown in movies.
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting