arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SSD Suggestion
Hello experts.
I am planned to buy a SSD 128 GB as a primary drive of my laptop. i need your suggestion about beast brand with lowest price and some tumb rules and tricks to monitor and check the best working specs of an SSD. i wish to buy it from an online shopping like ali express. anyone here who have a good or bad experience about SSD online purchasing please recommend me. 
I am suffered with boot and operating problem with my lappy. i already have 1TB HDD but my friend gave me suggestion of primary SSD SATA for OS make my lapy speed-up.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(03-07-2020, 06:02 AM)sagher Wrote: Hello experts.
I am planned to buy a SSD 128 GB as a primary drive of my laptop. i need your suggestion about beast brand with lowest price and some tumb rules and tricks to monitor and check the best working specs of an SSD. i wish to buy it from an online shopping like ali express. anyone here who have a good or bad experience about SSD online purchasing please recommend me. 
I am suffered with boot and operating problem with my lappy. i already have 1TB HDD but my friend gave me suggestion of primary SSD SATA for OS make my lapy speed-up.

I recently swapped my PlayStation 4’s slow HDD (quite annoying that PS4’s ship with HDDs. I’ve heard that that’s how they keep the price down).

I used this SSD from Sandisk: https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-NAN...414&sr=8-3

It was way cheaper as I got a friend to buy it for me during black friday, however it still seems to be decently priced right now.

I went with the 500GB model since that’s the original storage the HDD in my PS4 had, and it seems plenty for me.

And the speed differences are absolutely INSANE!!! Games that would usually take forever to load, now load in less than a minute!

As for you trying to buy a 128GB drive, I don’t recommend that. It doesn’t have enough capacity for today’s standards and you’ll run out of storage in no time.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
The Price you told me was never cheaper if i converting into my currency. and amazon has still not being registered in my country. for international shopping i only have ali express. and Kingston/sandisk prices are too high. i need a good experience person with this online shopping site.
(03-09-2020, 11:02 AM)sagher Wrote: The Price you told me was never cheaper if i converting into my currency. and amazon has still not being registered in my country. for international shopping i only have  ali express. and Kingston/sandisk prices are too high. i need a good experience person with this online shopping site.

The amazon link was just for reference, you can look up the SSD make and model in whatever website suites you the most.

Also bare in mind that I linked you to a 500GB SSD. From your original post, you claim to want a 128GB SSD. And hence, the price will get significantly cheaper.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
Purchasing SSDs and similar off Aliexpress or similar sites is basically like playing Russian Roulette. Aliexpress has a lot of Chinese brands that sell very low quality products with short lifetimes and absolutely horrible support on top of draconic RMA procedures when claiming exchange or repair on guarantee (shipping costs higher than the cost of the product and etc...). And sometimes (probably sometimes too often) even products that look legit from well known and popular brands like Samsung are actually fake. So just beware!

If you want a good product you will have to pay the higher price (not the highest). There are good brands like Samsung, SanDisk, WD, Kingston or Crucial and all of them have actually cheap and good products. However not as cheap as those Chinese brands. Think about how Chinese brands get their prices low... low quality and short product lifetime.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
I totally agree with @"Hidden Refuge".  What I'd also try is look at a second hand hard disk that is compatible with your laptop since you want to use it as the primary hard disk.  Like maybe if you went to one of those laptop technicians  they may have old laptops they can harvest for hard disks at a reduced price.  It has to be a reliable and honest technician however of course.  If he doesn't have the exact same as you have on your laptop, and he is a good laptop fixer, he may be able to recommend something cheap but at the same time good quality for a replacement that will work well with your laptop.  He may even be able to fix it for you, as changing hard disks in laptops can be tricky as well.

I'd be careful with online shopping as there is so much that can go wrong when you buy new equipment for a laptop online.  Unless it has a very good reputation and the product matches your laptop exactly, online shopping from a very large vendor like the one you're planning could be a frustrating experience for you.  Better to make friends with a reliable laptop fixer who lives near you and whom you can trust.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
i am 100% agreed with @Hidden Refuge and @deanhills . as HR said that's the soul of my words. let me something more i like to clear. here in my country mostly if you go to buy SSD from market those are comes from abroad and slightly used. and a ordinary person never judge the reality so i like to discuss with all of you to please give me measures to check an SSD rating and durability. and the second thing is too much fraud in open market here. and many people rely on online shopping from abroad sites. and as you said china have many low worth vendors who make copies of original products. you surprise to know here 4 to 5 copies of Samsung are available in market even fake kingston. so i need anyone who get something from ali express and happy with product and vendor. hope i succeeded to explain it.
Kingston A400 is the best choice in this range, got it for 355 EGP from Souq (Amazon Egypt) but now its price has increased, I asked in a computer mall before and found it cheaper so search on offline stores first before buying it online. I have it for 5 months now and it's very great, Windows boots in two seconds. I searched for it on Amazon.in and found that the price is same as here, check it from HERE.

[Image: X7e3O.png]
I've used some brands including Samsung, kingston, gigabyte, wd and crucial my all time favorite would be samsung then crucial then gigabyte. Samsung is a little bit costly but most reliable and most performing SSD in my case, as for general use i would suggest you to take a look on crucial they are cheap and have pretty good support and lifespan i am thinking to upgrade my friend's laptop with crucial mx500 500gb it would be awesome to have his feedback on crucial. Hope it helps Goodluck with your little adventure, you will learn with trial and error.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
I am seen these on ali express and do like to share with you.

Lexar 128GB $31.75
Goldenfir 128GB $24.73
Kodak 120GB $25.14
Kingspec 120GB $19.44
Kingston A400 $29.60
Samsung and other are not available in this capacity. were i go now? kindly help
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
09-30-2020, 08:30 AM
Last Post: sAmI

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting