arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting up and maintaining aquariums
Hey everyone!

I wanted to share my hobby here. I figured that some of you might find it interesting. I would also love to know if anyone shares the same hobby as mine.

I have got several hobbies. However, the most prominent one is setting up and maintaining freshwater aquariums. Along with, of course, selecting the fish and taking care of them.

This hobby can get quite tricky and frustrating sometimes.

To begin with, maintaining established tanks can be hard sometimes. Specially when it comes to cleaning the filter media.

In addition, large aquariums tend to be hard to clean due to their large size and weight. This is made worse by the fact that you can’t just carry them outside and hose them down with some water.

Moreover, making sure the right nutrients, oxygen levels and nitrate levels can be very tricky. Maintaining the proper pH can also be a hassle.

And just in case all of that didn’t make it difficult enough, many fish can’t live together due to their different requirements and the fact that some could fight with others. This really limits what kinds of fish you can put into a single aquarium.

If you’ve got any questions, I’d love to answer them for you! In addition, if you share the same hobby as mine, I’d love to hear your experience! Maybe we can share a few tips and tricks together!
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
My cousin has a small fish tank , they even have a small shark in that , they previously did a mistake of buying a shark which later on after growing ate all the other fishes in the tank which was really horrible. I agree maintaining their tank is quiet a task. Now my cousin has a plenty of fish in it and it is beautiful to gaze at.
Thanks to Host4Fun and Post4VPS for my VPS 1.
I respect people who are really involved in their hobby like this. It sounds simple but tricky in practice. Livings things like fish need maintenance and care at a level that will kill them if they are not met. Aquarium is one of them. Sounds really interesting as you have to really balance stuff out. Wish my hobby involved this amount of thinking.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
(10-29-2019, 05:11 PM)GodLikeGill Wrote: My cousin has a small fish tank , they even have a small shark in that , they previously did a mistake of buying a shark which later on after growing ate all the other fishes in the tank which was really horrible. I agree maintaining their tank is quiet a task. Now my cousin has a plenty of fish in it and it is beautiful to gaze at.

How did your cousin even get ahold of a shark? I never knew you could even buy those. Isn’t that illegal?

Anyways, I also had issue with fish attacking or eating each other when i first started. I then learnt that I could simply ask the staff at pet stores on which fish can live together peacefully. Such a simple thing to do could’ve saved me one hell of a headache haha.

Can you by any chance provide pictures of the tank? I would love to see it!

(10-30-2019, 01:31 AM)Kururin Wrote: I respect people who are really involved in their hobby like this. It sounds simple but tricky in practice. Livings things like fish need maintenance and care at a level that will kill them if they are not met. Aquarium is one of them. Sounds really interesting as you have to really balance stuff out. Wish my hobby involved this amount of thinking.

You won’t believe the amount of times things went horribly wrong. From filters failing, to tanks leaking, to even getting electrocuted (yup, i got electrocuted).

There are just a lot of variables involved, and I’m still learning to perfect every aspect. I’m not by any means an expert at it.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
Quote:You won’t believe the amount of times things went horribly wrong. From filters failing, to tanks leaking, to even getting electrocuted (yup, i got electrocuted).

There are just a lot of variables involved, and I’m still learning to perfect every aspect. I’m not by any means an expert at it.
That sounds really tedious and dangerous. See what I mean by respect? You are sinking so many times into a hobby that you find really interesting. Its  not gonna be easy but I keep you at going at it and becoming more immersed! You are having a great time I can tell.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
(11-01-2019, 07:01 PM)Kururin Wrote: That sounds really tedious and dangerous. See what I mean by respect? You are sinking so many times into a hobby that you find really interesting. Its  not gonna be easy but I keep you at going at it and becoming more immersed! You are having a great time I can tell.

Thank you very much! I really appreciate the fact that you like my work, along with encouraging me to keep on going at it and not giving up!

It, indeed, is very fun and satisfying once (well actually, if) things go as planned! Nothing beats seeing a good number of fish swimming happily in an aquarium with clean and healthy water. Specially knowing that you are the one that set it all up!
I have been keeping fish for a very long time. Now I only have Goldfish but in different times I had different types of fish. My favorite is the Discus fish. These guys are very hard to keep and very expensive. You have to keep the tank very clean and need regular water changes. When you grow babies you need to do 50% water change every day for 2 years till they become adults. They are amazing parents too.

[Image: discus-in-tank.jpg]

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(11-30-2019, 01:20 PM)xdude Wrote: I have been keeping fish for a very long time. Now I only have Goldfish but in different times I had different types of fish. My favorite is the Discus fish. These guys are very hard to keep and very expensive. You have to keep the tank very clean and need regular water changes. When you grow babies you need to do 50% water change every day for 2 years till they become adults. They are amazing parents too.

Woah! Those look absolutely gorgeous! The heavy maintenance they seem to need sounds like something that’ll eventually turn into a tedious task.

I personally don’t have any specific favorites. I like many types of fish. For example, female bettas, dwarf gouramis, and so on. I’m also considering setting up a live shrimp tank soon, they’re absolutely gorgeous and, most importantly, plain adorable!
(11-30-2019, 01:20 PM)xdude Wrote: I have been keeping fish for a very long time. Now I only have Goldfish but in different times I had different types of fish. My favorite is the Discus fish. These guys are very hard to keep and very expensive. You have to keep the tank very clean and need regular water changes. When you grow babies you need to do 50% water change every day for 2 years till they become adults. They are amazing parents too.

the image is look like it is from virtual aquarium thing that used to be very popular back then as wallpaper . by the way the aquarium look very clean which is extremely rare . from my experience seeing aquarium most of them isnt clear like that and have distinctive smell
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
It is really a expensive and over caring Job. i have a aquarium and about 3 species of fish. but after wetout alot of my money i sell them. but a tip is free for you. make a proper water pump system and oxygen intake (use sensor for it) and spices of fish maters.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting