arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Shadow Hosting  VPS 5 Review
(01-06-2020, 12:22 PM)chanalku91 Wrote: You can use rclone as an alternative google drive command line interface version!

You only need to mount the folder to your Google Drive account and Voila, you can copy data from Google Drive to your PC without consuming much time!

Reference from various sources at Google! So I can't write it one by one

Hey there!.. Thanks for the tip!.. I'll give it a try, as it looks far more versatile and generic.

The good news is that Fedora packages it as rclone and has a Qt-based GUI front-end: rclone-browser.

The project's Github repo: https://github.com/rclone/rclone
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
(01-03-2020, 02:23 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote:
VPS 5 Review

Introduction
VPS 5 is one of the mid/high end vps on this forum . it have specs that is better than the average vps  . thanks to @Manal for providing this VPS

Specification:
[Image: bZ8TRfi.png]
2 Dedicated CPU Core 
300GB HDD
KVM
1x IPv4 Address . Unlimited Bandwidth . 1GBit internet
4GB of RAM
Germany Location

Use Case:
I mainly use this VPS for Web Hosting and Game Server . for Web Hosting it worked great serving lot of low traffic site that i have . for Game Server it also worked great except latency due to my location . but it is my location fault not the vps . if i live closer i probably get a better latency . for web hosting there is one time when my site hit with extreme traffic and the mysql server isnt responding and it cpu 100% all the time . but after i optimize the query in the php script it decrease and the site work slow but responding 

What great about the VPS:
The RAM is great . it is more than average VPS on this forum and it is enough for my use case . mostly i hit around 2.5-3.5GB usage . the HDD is a lot of storage but it is still HDD instead of SSD so the speed isnt that great but it can get the job done . because previously it only have 100GB when they upgrade it to 300GB i can only use 100GB so probably i need to reinstall but for now 100GB is enough storage for me . the bandwidth is unmetered so technically i dont need to worry much about the bandwidth except when i get ddosed . but the most best thing is the dedicated cpu core . on my previous VPS my vps will suddenly stop because of unexpected high cpu usage but with VPS 5 most of the time i dont need to worry about 100% cpu except when i getting ddosed . the CPU is desktop CPU instead of server CPU but it have the advantage of higher clock speed than server counterpart . it also have a Virtualizor control panel so powering on the server or changing the operating system (which i rarely do but it is great to have that option)

Benchmark
[Image: Nm9p9Hm.png]
bench.sh Result

Conclusion
it is a great VPS overall . it serve all my web hosting and game server need and it is powerful enough for my use case . this VPS is great for most cases that people need a VPS . it also have Windows as an OS choice but i dont use windows on my server so for people that isnt too familiar with linux this VPS also great but windows have higher overhead and not as much server software as linux . the only minor problem that i have with the VPS is the use of HDD instead of SSD (but you get huge storage so it isnt a big deal) and low latency but again that isnt the vps fault

Rating : 9 out of 10

Excellent review of VPS 5! Contains all the detail that makes up the recipe of a great review. I specially like the way you formatted and made it look nice, definitely something I need to learn!

As for the specs of the VPS, I am very impressed! Specially when it comes to the storage which is triple of what I have in VPS 9! Quite neat for those who need a lot of storage space!
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
Good review. This VPS 5 has 2 dedicated CPU cores which are powerful enough for most user cases. And glad to know that you are really satisfied with the CPU performance as it may hit 100% CPU usage occasionally.

In addition, a huge storage space of 300GB HDD is indeed a great bonus. It is not SSD but the performance is more than acceptable.

(01-07-2020, 02:53 PM)ikk157 Wrote: Excellent review of VPS 5! Contains all the detail that makes up the recipe of a great review. I specially like the way you formatted and made it look nice, definitely something I need to learn!

As for the specs of the VPS, I am very impressed! Specially when it comes to the storage which is triple of what I have in VPS 9! Quite neat for those who need a lot of storage space!

its triple but

1.i can only use 100GB for now . but that is fine i only use like half of them for now . this is not the vps fault but because i use this vps before the 300gb upgrade occured so i need to reinstall the os to fix it which i dont want to do right now

2.it is hdd instead of ssd on vps 9 . it is a little bit slower but for my workload it is fine and i dont get any problem regarding the disk speed

i use vps 9 when they still on openvz . for current kvm speed it probably similar
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(01-21-2020, 03:32 PM)humanpuff69 Wrote: 1.i can only use 100GB for now . but that is fine i only use like half of them for now . this is not the vps fault but because i use this vps before the 300gb upgrade occured so i need to reinstall the os to fix it which i dont want to do right now
If the disk space has effectively been applied to your VPS (ie +200GB ), then you can claim that space by expanding your partition to include it and then use it.

Thus (assuming you do have those +200GB free space) there is no need to reinstall the OS to claim them, but it's just a matter of resizing your root LVM partition [ to include them into your root device +/then into your physical volume (PV) + into your volume group (VG) +/then into your logical volume +/then into your filesystem ].

I've routinely done that on my On-premises Linux systems but I've just done it remotely on @Neoon's NAT-VPS. Thus, I'll be posting the process in a new thread this weekend, for future reference.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
(01-21-2020, 03:32 PM)humanpuff69 Wrote: its triple but

1.i can only use 100GB for now . but that is fine i only use like half of them for now . this is not the vps fault but because i use this vps before the 300gb upgrade occured so i need to reinstall the os to fix it which i dont want to do right now

2.it is hdd instead of ssd on vps 9 . it is a little bit slower but for my workload it is fine and i dont get any problem regarding the disk speed

i use vps 9 when they still on openvz . for current kvm speed it probably similar

I was not aware that VPS 9 utilized an SSD. May I know where you came to know this from?

As for the storage, there has to be a way to extend the partition to 300GB without a clean install. If windows can do it, I don’t see why linux based operating systems can’t.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
(02-03-2020, 12:16 PM)ikk157 Wrote: I was not aware that VPS 9 utilized an SSD. May I know where you came to know this from?

As for the storage, there has to be a way to extend the partition to 300GB without a clean install. If windows can do it, I don’t see why linux based operating systems can’t.

May I know if you did read the VPS 9 specs here? https://post4vps.com/Announcement-VPS-Plans

There already has a very nice tutorial for extending the partition, posted by fChk, if you have also missed it. https://post4vps.com/Thread-How-to-Remot...Disk-Space

(02-03-2020, 12:29 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: May I know if you did read the VPS 9 specs here? https://post4vps.com/Announcement-VPS-Plans

There already has a very nice tutorial for extending the partition, posted by fChk, if you have also missed it. https://post4vps.com/Thread-How-to-Remot...Disk-Space

I must have missed the part where it says “SSD”, my bad. Not something I’d expect myself to remember anyway considering the million things I have to worry about on a daily basis to be honest.

As for the tutorial on extending the partition, I was never looking for one to be honest as I have the full storage the VPS 9 offers, so don’t expect me to notice that one either Wink

It’s all part of being human haha. Apologies if I sounded really dumb and careless.
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-18-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: fChk
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Host4Fun  VPS 1 Review
05-11-2021, 10:34 PM
Last Post: fChk
04-30-2021, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting