arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shadow Hosting  VPS 5 - Shadow Hosting - VPS Review
So finally I have started doing the VPS Review for ShadowHosting.net Sponsored VPS 5 which I received last month. Rather thing doing just benchmark focused review, I thought it's better try going into details of technical side as well as different different aspects of the server as well as VPS provider from user point of view. So I won't be doing one long post with everything but a set of posts in this thread discuses various things separately.

So lets start from the beginning. Post4VPS.com lost vps2 along with the sponsor somewhere between end of February to begin of March. So I lost the VPS which I had used since 2017. Compared to specs of servers we have today here it's not an one with high specs but it worked very well without downtime. Only once I had to make a support thread about it from 2017 to 2020. So after that I was given VPS5 from ShadowHosting which has far more superior specs than the lost vps.

What's VPS 5 -

So it's one to the best servers we have at Post4VPS.com. It comes with,
  • 4GB RAM.
  • 300 GB HDD.
  • 1 x Ipx4 Address.
  • Unlimited Bandwidth.
  • KVM Virtualization.
  • 1 Gbps Connection.
  • Virtualizor Control Panel.
  • Location Germany.
So if you look at all servers we have here I think it's safe to say VPS5 is the best vps next to VPS4. Okey, VPS4 take the cake since it's a massive beast with 10GB RAM ( @rudra , you lucky bugger!! ). So there are 2  x VPS5 servers available and the other older is @humanpuff69 who has already written a review for this server. You can read that one here > Link <. He added lots of benchmarks and technical info in that thread about the vps.

Specs show's it can handle a decent size game server or web server pretty well without any hiccups. My plan has been setting up a secondary web server so my main server can have bit of breathing space. First I had a small worry since the server is in Germany and my main traffic is from North America so I was wondering if this would make sites loading slow for audience. I did test and it didn't make a big difference. Also I like it having KVM along with Virtualizor panel.

It's not my thing but it's really great ShadowHosting allows it to be used to as game server. These days it's very hard to find free game server providers. Also they do offer premium Game servers for only starting from 2.50 usd/Month.

Web Server -

Tried to install VestaCP first but that didn't work. Nothing to do with server but the Ubuntu version I think. ubuntu-18.04-x86_64 didn't get along with VestaCP installation. So I used same OS with Cyber Panel. A new hosting panel compared to VestaCP. I got it installed without any trouble at all. Configuration was not that easy since Im totally new to it. The panel looks very clean and neat. I have moved 2 sites to test how things going and so far things are working great. Now I can move few bigger sites to the server.

VPS5 / ShadowHosting - Conclusion

ShadowHosting / @Manal has sponsored some great, high spec servers here at Post4VPS. So far I haven't had a single trouble with it. Web Server is running super fast and sites work great. So as web hosting server I can say ShadowHosting servers are great for those who want premium level Web Hosting.

They do offer hosting from UK, Fance and Germany. So many different packages of premium hosting. Shared hosting from 2.95$/month, Cloud Reseller Hosting from 18$/month, game servers from 2.50$/month, KVM VPS from 8$/month etc. You can get even 10% off from vps prices when you use the promo code NEW10. Also ShadowHosting offers Wordpress Hosting starts from 2$ per month for those who want to run a WP base website without bother about technical side much. This package is very handy for inexperinced web hosting users who want to move their blog from free to a better paid hosting package.

Check more details at >>  ShadowHosting.net  <<

So Here's the first part of VPS5 Review as an average web hosting user. It's fast, Stable and getting good support so nothing much more to ask. ShadowHosting does offer premium packages for very affordable prices too.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

I agree shadow hosting and hostlease hosting are major sponsors for post4vps both sponsor vps have great specification with great performance its good to see that you hold vps 5 which is really cool 4GB ram with 300gb HDD space cool man
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

(05-01-2020, 09:55 AM)chanalku91 Wrote: Uhh ..... Hey old man, @deanhills What do you think of this one review!
Does this meet the standards of the P4V review rules?

Ummm what are these p4v review rules? and Where did you see those,the source? Also could you tell what exactly wrong with this review?

@khadeer143

Yes. Indeed. Thanks. Above is just the first part of the review.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(05-01-2020, 02:28 PM)xdude Wrote: Ummm what are these p4v review rules? and Where did you see those,the source? Also could you tell what exactly wrong with this review?

@xdude The post has been removed from the discussion as it is off topic.   Possibly @chanalku91 failed to read the review thoroughly and missed this important paragraph:

xdude Wrote:So Here's the first part of VPS5 Review [...]

This is a first part of a series of reviews by @xdude about VPS 5.  Benchmark tests may possibly follow in later reviews, however we've already seen two recent reviews of VPS 5 with Benchmark tests.  This review is refreshingly different and since it will be presented in more than one part should provide VPS 5 with a wider coverage as well.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Hmm ... Where is the benchmark information?
How is their experience using this VPS. . . !

(05-01-2020, 08:35 PM)deanhills Wrote: @xdude The post has been removed from the discussion as it is off topic.   Possibly @chanalku91 failed to read the review thoroughly and missed this important paragraph:

This is a first part of a series of reviews by @xdude about VPS 5.  Benchmark tests may possibly follow in later reviews, however we've already seen two recent reviews of VPS 5 with Benchmark tests.  This review is refreshingly different and since it will be presented in more than one part should provide VPS 5 with a wider coverage as well.

Ohh ....
I only remember the important things, I'm sorry!
(shy face)
Terminal
Solo Developer
Hey there.

This review seems interesting. I must say this idea is definitely innovative as I don't think we've had a review of this sort previously.

The introduction/conclusion to the review indeed say that it's a cool VPS, having lots of potential, and of course we can infer that from the grand specs.

Waiting for the benchmarks and other tests on this VPS, I'm sure this one is gonna give a tremendous performance.

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Interesting review i really enjoy reading it but i think is not complete like its missing some details such as internet speed..
anyway thanks for this review, i really can't except more from shadowhosting and manal for his services for this communities having two beasts vps 4 and 5 vps make the competition very hard choosing between all those vps providers also we can say they are unique because of the services manal providing and it fast functionality, as i tried one of shadowhosting's free web hosting the host were running so smoothly and it was fresh and the control panel its fantastic as i mentioned earlier i can not except more from manal, yeah you are really lucky having such as that VPS, i hope one day i can try one of shadowhosting's vps, and build some project on it, keep it safe and smooth hehe for the next users, keep us updated if you got anything new about it and share it with us.
Watch this beauty till the end..

(05-01-2020, 07:19 AM)xdude Wrote: So finally I have started doing the VPS Review for ShadowHosting.net Sponsored VPS 5 which I received last month. Rather thing doing just benchmark focused review, I thought it's better try going into details of technical side as well as different different aspects of the server as well as VPS provider from user point of view. So I won't be doing one long post with everything but a set of posts in this thread discuses various things separately.

So lets start from the beginning. Post4VPS.com lost vps2 along with the sponsor somewhere between end of February to begin of March. So I lost the VPS which I had used since 2017. Compared to specs of servers we have today here it's not an one with high specs but it worked very well without downtime. Only once I had to make a support thread about it from 2017 to 2020. So after that I was given VPS5 from ShadowHosting which has far more superior specs than the lost vps.

What's VPS 5 -

So it's one to the best servers we have at Post4VPS.com. It comes with,
  • 4GB RAM.
  • 300 GB HDD.
  • 1 x Ipx4 Address.
  • Unlimited Bandwidth.
  • KVM Virtualization.
  • 1 Gbps Connection.
  • Virtualizor Control Panel.
  • Location Germany.
So if you look at all servers we have here I think it's safe to say VPS5 is the best vps next to VPS4. Okey, VPS4 take the cake since it's a massive beast with 10GB RAM ( @rudra , you lucky bugger!! ). So there are 2  x VPS5 servers available and the other older is @humanpuff69 who has already written a review for this server. You can read that one here > Link <. He added lots of benchmarks and technical info in that thread about the vps.

Specs show's it can handle a decent size game server or web server pretty well without any hiccups. My plan has been setting up a secondary web server so my main server can have bit of breathing space. First I had a small worry since the server is in Germany and my main traffic is from North America so I was wondering if this would make sites loading slow for audience. I did test and it didn't make a big difference. Also I like it having KVM along with Virtualizor panel.

It's not my thing but it's really great ShadowHosting allows it to be used to as game server. These days it's very hard to find free game server providers. Also they do offer premium Game servers for only starting from 2.50 usd/Month.

Web Server -

Tried to install VestaCP first but that didn't work. Nothing to do with server but the Ubuntu version I think. ubuntu-18.04-x86_64 didn't get along with VestaCP installation. So I used same OS with Cyber Panel. A new hosting panel compared to VestaCP. I got it installed without any trouble at all. Configuration was not that easy since Im totally new to it. The panel looks very clean and neat. I have moved 2 sites to test how things going and so far things are working great. Now I can move few bigger sites to the server.

VPS5 / ShadowHosting - Conclusion

ShadowHosting / @Manal has sponsored some great, high spec servers here at Post4VPS. So far I haven't had a single trouble with it. Web Server is running super fast and sites work great. So as web hosting server I can say ShadowHosting servers are great for those who want premium level Web Hosting.

They do offer hosting from UK, Fance and Germany. So many different packages of premium hosting. Shared hosting from 2.95$/month, Cloud Reseller Hosting from 18$/month, game servers from 2.50$/month, KVM VPS from 8$/month etc. You can get even 10% off from vps prices when you use the promo code NEW10. Also ShadowHosting offers Wordpress Hosting starts from 2$ per month for those who want to run a WP base website without bother about technical side much. This package is very handy for inexperinced web hosting users who want to move their blog from free to a better paid hosting package.

Check more details at >>  ShadowHosting.net  <<

So Here's the first part of VPS5 Review as an average web hosting user. It's fast, Stable and getting good support so nothing much more to ask. ShadowHosting does offer premium packages for very affordable prices too.

I really like this unique way of writing a review. It really goes to show that you’ve put in so much effort and research into this! 

I do have to say, this is quite a change from the usual reviews with benchmarks and all of that. But I actually prefer your personal experience much more as the benchmarks are widely available in many reviews over here.

As for my opinion on VPS 5, it has quite a generous 4GB of RAM, along with amazing storage of 300GB (however, the fact that it’s an HDD is a let down).
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
Pretty sure it is my first time seeing this special kind of writing style for a VPS review.

Of course, the VPS 5 offered by the Shadow Hosting is also so special and well functional.

So I would look forward to seeing a special and well written part-two VPS 5 review with full benchmark results from OP. Smile

(05-01-2020, 07:19 AM)xdude Wrote: They do offer hosting from UK, Fance and Germany. So many different packages of premium hosting.

Just a little correction. We only provide VPS Hosting in Germany. Our web hosting locations are Pune and Luxembourg. UK Server was removed due to no demand. France was never introduced.

Otherwise, your simple review is nice. Nothing technical, but summaries of your experience. That's what general reviews should be like.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-18-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: fChk
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Host4Fun  VPS 1 Review
05-11-2021, 10:34 PM
Last Post: fChk
04-30-2021, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting