arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Anti-DDoS protection be a included feature?
(06-29-2020, 07:23 PM)deanhills Wrote: @LightDestory  Excellent opening post!  Cool

Is it possible to explain exactly what DDoS protection you have in mind?  Because as far as I know the real protection can only happen at the Data Center, and has to be part of a special package that the host negotiates with the DataCenter.  It usually comes with a price tag and may vary in price depending on the package that is negotiated.

What DDoS protection package do you have in mind?

Also, is this an attack on the VPS, or an attack on the IP?

For me, since VPS DDoS protection comes from the very top and may be expensive, this would be an issue for the VPS to be cheap and affordable.  So one is likely to find genuine DDoS Protection offered for a premium price on top of the VPS price.  Virmach for example offers specific DDoS protected IPs at the additional price of $5 per month.  Considering that an additional IP is usually approx 1-2$/m $5/m is quite a big charge for a DDoS protected IP.

Cloudflare I understand does provide some protection, but for me it would be logical that it would be limited.  The real DDoS protection can only happen through the top at the DataCentre down.

My thread doesnt try to suggest any form of actual protection. As we boyh experienced this is essentially Provider stuff, nothing that a common customer can handle.
I tried to suggest just 2-3 way to slow down the attack to allow Provider to take action with proper stuff.

This thread aims to let know the users that something like this can happen and don't need to panic over it, they just need to calm down and get a proper idea of what is happing and how it could have happened.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(07-02-2020, 11:41 AM)LightDestory Wrote: My thread doesnt try to suggest any form of actual protection. As we boyh experienced this is essentially Provider stuff, nothing that a common customer can handle.
I tried to suggest just 2-3 way to slow down the attack to allow Provider to take action with proper stuff.

This thread aims to let know the users that something like this can happen and don't need to panic over it, they just need to calm down and get a proper idea of what is happing and how it could have happened.

OK thanks @LightDestory. Possibly I misunderstood the message in your OP.

I think in the circumstances no one could have dealt better with the DDoS situation than you did. You were calm, and immediately did your investigation of what was happening. You also kept reporting back with detailed progress reports. Well done! Cool

Let's hope the brunt of the attacks are over now. You're right of course. Nothing that a common customer can handle. Except doing everything you can to hide your IP from public access.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting