arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to install VNC Manually at my vps? 
Any tutorial?
And will that vnc affect on my vps web page? Because iam using it for web hosting..
Ubuntu 16.04
Why don't you start off with telling us the OS you are using? So we can provide you with tutorials and information.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(08-22-2018, 03:45 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: Why don't you start off with telling us the OS you are using? So we can provide you with tutorials and information.

Oops sorry, i didn't notice that i didn't add the OS
Edited the post
Usually DigitalOcean tutorials are very good: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/t...untu-16-04
Linode is also good: https://www.linode.com/docs/applications...ntu-16-04/

DigitalOcean guide will use the light XFCE desktop and window manager. Linode will use the heavy Gnome desktop environment. I would recommend using XFCE because it will be fast and light on resources.
(08-22-2018, 04:01 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: Usually DigitalOcean tutorials are very good: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/t...untu-16-04
Linode is also good: https://www.linode.com/docs/applications...ntu-16-04/

DigitalOcean guide will use the light XFCE desktop and window manager. Linode will use the heavy Gnome desktop environment. I would recommend using XFCE because it will be fast and light on resources.

Fucked up my vps ram and vps is now frozen i turned it off till i know how to fix that shit. 
Took 6 GB ram
(08-22-2018, 07:28 PM)youssefbasha Wrote: Fucked up my vps ram and vps is now frozen i turned it off till i know how to fix that shit. 
Took 6 GB ram
@youssefbasha Maybe you need to be careful.  The host may interpret it as a script that takes up too much RAM and there's a prohibition listed on scripts that use too much RAM in their Acceptable Use Policy.  Maybe you should ask the post4vps Admin if they could make inquiries whether it's OK to use the script before you pursue it further.

In the meanwhile I'm puzzled.  Why do you need to have VNC?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I've done installing Gnome tho, that doesn't takes that much of RAM. Even with Cubedata's VPS with 4GB of RAM, I still have much free RAM. Yours should be really weird. You should be careful.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
Huh. I don't see how trying to install VNC with a DE (Desktop Environment) and WM (Window Manager) could break a VPS so much. There is something seriously gone wrong. I installed a DE with a WM on a VPS a few times together with x2Go (FreeNX) instead of VNC and never had such fatal failures.

I know that usually VNC itself gives trouble during such installations but not so far that the VPS is rendered broken or useless. VNC just won't work properly and give a grey screen when connecting or similar issues. Or the VNC server won't start because there is some error in the configuration. Similar VNC related issues that don't affect the other parts of the OS though.

If I were you I would investigate what happened. It is not normal that your VPS gets frozen when you install normal things like DE, WM and VNC. The guides I posted are totally fine and are the most common guides available. I mean I don't use VNC myself but I did as seach for you and the Linode guide with Gnome was available on so many sites with the content being a one to one copy of what was at the Linode article (I guess it is so good that people copy it to repost on their sites).
I think that i will ask Dynamo to setup it for me and i will ask him about the acceptable use policy
@youssefbasha I'm afraid @Dynamo will also tell that there are lots of tutorials in the web, and also for the policy just visit your VPS website to know it.
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting