arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something from the archives.
This is Pink Floyd's song, Wish You Were Here.

The recording is from 2003 and was at a large county fair, with one of the largest audiences I've ever had. There were about 120,000 people. The band is now long-since defunct, but we had a really good time. This is what we sounded like:

https://instaud.io/private/a86f7dae78f96...081404be46
Happily sponsored by Shadow Hosting & Post4VPS!
hi again!!

thanks for sharing!! awesome track. i don't know that much about songs and culture from other parts of the world. but I have enormous respect for them no matter I am capable of enjoying it or not. and this one it seems I can.

aaam. are you on quora dot com or medium?

take care and keep rocking man! you are awesome !!

re. i guess you know that the monthly post requirement to keep a vps for the next month is 20 posts. just saying
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(01-22-2019, 03:49 AM)rudra Wrote: hi again!!

thanks for sharing!! awesome track. i don't know that much  about songs and culture from other parts of the world. but I have enormous respect for them no matter I am capable of enjoying it or not. and this one it seems I can.

aaam. are you on quora dot com or medium?

take care and keep rocking man! you are awesome !!

re. i guess you know that the monthly post requirement to keep a vps for the next month is 20 posts. just saying

Oh, yes. I'm aware and I got a helpful (I assume automated) PM from an admin. I should have ample time to make the remaining posts!

I am not on either of the two site that you mention. I don't really do a lot of social media or anything. I do have a couple of my own projects. You can see one here, if you'd like: https://musicfor.us

The song you heard is a Pink Floyd cover. They're a band associated with the psychedelic movement and their most famous work is probably The Wall, which is both a movie and an album.

You mentioned that you had a favorite Metallica song. I've forgotten what it was. I know a bunch of Metallica. Can you refresh my memory? Was it Nothing Else Matters?
haha. hi
thanks for remembering that..!! that is what i said and thats is one of my favourites from theirs all right!!

but i forgot the one i like most from them. a sudden brain fart may be..

it is "wherever I may roam"

check.. yea.. thats the one...

please do it in your own time.. i just like to hear various renditions of songs i like. no pressure really..

also thanks for the link. i have that on bookmark. i will keep reading bite sizes from the articles and keep listening...

here i would like to mention that i think about our tastes in music. personally i find that i get hit by melody before the lyrics and sometimes i like songs that have awful lyrics (to me they can be unambiguous songs about higher power and our bowing down to it.. or rather sucking up to it.. arrrgh.... also songs about namby pamby melodrama and love.... arrrgh.. anyways... also may be i like the message but not the choice of words or it does not have the spark in it), but awesome melody.
now i have also noted that knowing that some people i have enormous respect for loved a song can have a sudden and powerful effect on me to make me like it. a song with a history that had a strong impression on me once can make me like it a lot from then on. it is like feeling amazed to note that i cant find any reason why i should like this song (when compared to many others i like) but i like it.
i also note that almost every song or assemblage of sounds is bound to have many curious people trying to listen to it and some really liking or disliking it strongly. strong emotional response..

after all, it is primarily a matter of our emotion and how the responses / links get created in our head. isn't it?

i really dont believe there is any better genre or anything.

too much yapping..

do you think about this??
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(01-25-2019, 03:38 PM)rudra Wrote: do you think about this??

Oh, yes. I think about things like that all the time.

Every single culture (that we know of) developed music. Music is an integral part of being human.

What people pay me for is that I give them a reason to emote. I give people the chance to forget about their stress. I give them a reason to dance, to sing along, and to feel the whole gamut of emotions.

It's really quite an honor, I think. For those short hours, I help them feel. I help them have hope. I help them forget their problems. And, the hours are always too short and the audience is almost always too kind.

Anyhow, it doesn't take long to play and record a Metallica song. I know many of them, as they're pretty common requests and make their way into a number of set lists.

So, this one is just for you:

https://instaud.io/3dGJ

Enjoy!
dyaaam man !! i know nothing about guitar music except some very personal and in effect biased likes and dislikes to the sounds they make (and some nerd stuff from questionablecontent cartoon series. i am an avid reader. devoured in 3 days. now i mean to go back and reread to pickup all the lost cultural cues and commentaries.). And I am totally loving it !!

thanks for sharing... !! daamn... the ending parts..

i mostly like it for its lyrics and how the voice works on the guitar sounds. but now i think i am totally liking the instrumentation too. thanks
'Snot a problem. I enjoyed playing and recording and, frankly, I think music is best when it is shared. I also enjoy the complexity that is Metallica's guitar. They're a very talented group of musicians and it's a good time trying to replicate them exactly as they sounded in the studio.

Alas, I'm not a big fan of vocal work. I can, and do, sing - but I much prefer not to. First and foremost, I'm a musician - and not a vocalist. I can sing "well enough" but I've had the chance to work with great vocalists and I'll never be a great vocalist. My only saving grace is that I can mimic a bunch of artists, with some degree of accuracy.

I can't imagine what my life would look like, if I didn't have music. My first instrument was percussion. I started formal percussion lessons at the age of five. I started formal guitar lessons at the age of eleven. I'm now sixty one years old and I've been playing guitar for a little bit longer than five decades.

I strongly suspect I'll be playing for the rest of my life. It is nearing time for me to retire from the stage. I've spent a lot of years performing and I like it a great deal, but I'm aging and performing is a young-person's game. I can no longer jump off the amps, slide across the stage on my knees, or be nearly as active as I used to be. (My broken femur means that I'm pretty inactive, currently.)

I'll be taking to the stage on the first of February. I took all of January off - though I ended up with a bunch of other things that needed my attention. I'm looking forward to it.
the band is defunct but one of the album art is still overproud to this day i forget what the name but it is the one that have triangle in the middle and rainbow color on it . so it isnt that dead
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(01-26-2019, 04:59 PM)humanpuff69 Wrote: the band is defunct but one of the album art is still overproud to this day i forget what the name but it is the one that have triangle in the middle and rainbow color on it . so it isnt that dead

That'd be Pink Floyd's album, "Dark Side of the Moon."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dark_...e_Moon.png

It was one of their more popular albums. Breath, Time, Eclipse, and Money were the more popular tracks off that album.
Never heard of them? I know have heard of Beatles but didn't listen to their song. Feel free to enlighten me!
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting