arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stay away from PureVPN - hit and miss affair!
I've been using PureVPN for a few years.  Right from the beginning it became the "better the devil you know" VPN for me.  It worked with a few misses in between and plenty of tickets and talking to chat agents.  But lately it's become much worse and last night when I looked for a place to complain, I came across plenty of other users with the exact same experience.  It has a great support system with almost instant chat or e-mail support.  That part has been working consistently well from the beginning.  However the actual software and technology seem to be in conflict with Windows on the one side and not so bright technology for subscribers to reach remote servers successfully. 

Last year I subscribed for another 2-year special.  Like it really looked good, but if I've been able to use it that much since I signed up is another question.  Like when it works, it works well and speed is consistently great, but when it doesn't work, it's totally useless and very frustrating to trouble shoot.  What worried me the most was when it went into conflict with my last security upgrade with Windows 7 a few months ago, and I had to reverse those updates so I could use my VPN.

Anyway, be careful of PureVPN. In my own experience it hasn't been working well on the technical side with how it has been set up with software and communicating with remote servers - I guess that side of technology is highly specialized and maybe they're not completely up on that level.  Once PureVPN works it's great so I don't think it is oversubscribed on the server level.  Like I've rarely been connected and having difficulties with speed.  But to get it to connect is another story.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
When i see the title i think its about the data mining thing but i wrong . Vpn services have almost same access to your browsing habits as your isp . But by using it you hide from your isp

My problem with vpn is most website hate it you getting more captcha and more likely to marked as fraud even though when you use it for legitmate use
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
I use VPN to play foreign game games like PUBG LITE
Because the game can't be outside the country
Terminal
Solo Developer
I am using self PureVPN but I have no complaints. I used in the past NordVPN but from a network speed of 500mbit/s it slowed down to 0.49kb/s and with PureVPN I just reach the speed of KPN of 500Mbit/s while using VPN.
(09-01-2018, 02:42 PM)humanpuff69 Wrote: When i see the title i think its about the data mining thing but i wrong . Vpn services have almost same access to your browsing habits as your isp . But by using it you hide from your isp

My problem with vpn is most website hate it you getting more captcha and more likely to marked as fraud even though when you use it for legitmate use

I'm not really trying to hide.  It's just PayPal that drives me crazy as I travel in between countries.  PayPal insists I can only live in one country and blocks my account when I try to access my account from a different country.  So this is why I need a VPN.  I'm almost certain I'm not the only victim in this crazy regionalism thing.  Like when people are given their addresses there is no option to indicate one is going to travel to a different country and use the service there.  The system assumes everybody stays put in one region.  Google even assumes that every one in the UAE for example is Arabic speaking so everything keeps on defaulting to Arabic.  There was a time when I could use a home address with /ncr behind it, but looks as though that no longer works.
Terminal
(09-01-2018, 02:05 PM)deanhills Wrote: I've been using PureVPN for a few years.  Right from the beginning it became the "better the devil you know" VPN for me.  It worked with a few misses in between and plenty of tickets and talking to chat agents.  But lately it's become much worse and last night when I looked for a place to complain, I came across plenty of other users with the exact same experience.  It has a great support system with almost instant chat or e-mail support.  That part has been working consistently well from the beginning.  However the actual software and technology seem to be in conflict with Windows on the one side and not so bright technology for subscribers to reach remote servers successfully. 

Last year I subscribed for another 2-year special.  Like it really looked good, but if I've been able to use it that much since I signed up is another question.  Like when it works, it works well and speed is consistently great, but when it doesn't work, it's totally useless and very frustrating to trouble shoot.  What worried me the most was when it went into conflict with my last security upgrade with Windows 7 a few months ago, and I had to reverse those updates so I could use my VPN.

Anyway, be careful of PureVPN. In my own experience it hasn't been working well on the technical side with how it has been set up with software and communicating with remote servers - I guess that side of technology is highly specialized and maybe they're not completely up on that level.  Once PureVPN works it's great so I don't think it is oversubscribed on the server level.  Like I've rarely been connected and having difficulties with speed.  But to get it to connect is another story.

Hey I recommend you using ExpressVPN ....
Its speed is good and its a company to be trusted upon! Yeah that company has great support system...
Also, prices are good with ranging from 8.32$ to 9.99$ per month....
Also, they have a 30day money back guarantee policy if the customer is not satisfied!
Maybe you should look after this VPN company!
Right now I am using this VPN only!!
Terminal
Thankyou Post4VPS, @Pacific Spirit (Hostlease) for a Free VPS!
+
Thankyou to @Neoon for a Free NanoKVM VPS
(09-02-2018, 02:16 PM)deanhills Wrote: I'm not really trying to hide.  It's just PayPal that drives me crazy as I travel in between countries.  PayPal insists I can only live in one country and blocks my account when I try to access my account from a different country.  So this is why I need a VPN.  I'm almost certain I'm not the only victim in this crazy regionalism thing.  Like when people are given their addresses there is no option to indicate one is going to travel to a different country and use the service there.  The system assumes everybody stays put in one region.  Google even assumes that every one in the UAE for example is Arabic speaking so everything keeps on defaulting to Arabic.  There was a time when I could use a home address with /ncr behind it, but looks as though that no longer works.

not only paypal but bank account / credit card also notorious for this even if you have vacation and you use your card on another place most bank /credit card will reject it simply because it isnt the place that you mostly in . I agree that paypal and almpot any bank credit card insist that you only live in one country and i also know why they did it , it is for security in case your detail got leaked and hackers use them . And because most hacker rarely live near your place the fraud detector can easily detect people in other location accesing your credit card as a fraud

To counter this for credit card simply call your issuer that you having a vacation in specific place for example . I dont know about paypal . maybe talk to their support?
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Thanks to aware us. even last week i do try to use it. because i always find a good VPN solution i really need it. even i try to configure openVPN and done successfully but PC not browsing after connection via VPN. and the issue still exist.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
You can try proxy.sh as I saw people saying that its so good, give it a try for a month and tell us your opinion. Also there's another solution which is to get a very small VPS (NAT will work) and install a VPN server, I'd suggest you to try either OVPN (try TCP protocol if UDP didn't work) or Shadowsocks, I'm using Shadowsocks long time ago ane I never had any problem with it but the opposite, its so great, at home I don't get full upload, I only get 0.01 Mbps instead of 0.25 Mbps so when I use SS the down speed remains the same but upload goes to the sky so sometimes it reaches 1 Mbps. Also you can get IPv6 through it (your VPS must have IPv6 to use it) so you don't neet to mess a lot with Tunnelbroker and figure it. Overall SS is so great and would be a good choice if you have low budget.
Thank you for the suggestions for an alternative VPN. I'll definitely check them out when I get home towards end of September.

@Amresh 10$/month is a bit steep! One can get a very good VPS for that amount. Are you paying 120 US$ a year for a VPN?

Thanks for the suggestion @AmirGT I like the idea about creating a VPN - except won't it limit one to the IP of the VPS country wise? I'll definitely try out proxy.sh. It will have to be towards end of September though as I'm in the UAE and all of those names - such as Amresh's ExpressVPN are blocked by the ISP. VPN is not allowed in the UAE.
Terminal
Pages (3):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting