arrow_upward

Suggestion - only active members allowed to compete in Giveaway?
As far as I can see the Giveaway rules are mostly focused on those who haven't had a VPS before.  What would happen to a member who may have had a VPS some time ago, and hasn't made any posts recently?  Like you may have two members, a new member who has made the required number of posts, and then a member who is possibly a senior member, but hasn't made posts in a while and no posts in the month preceding the Giveaway.  Or he may have made the odd post now and then but can’t be considered to have been an actively posting member at the time of the Giveaway Competition.  Shouldn't there be a rule for previous VPS owners that says that there should be a minimum of "x posts" made in the month preceding the application of the VPS?

Also in the case of a member who is in breach of the rules – i.e. members whose VPSs have been suspended as a result of not making the required number of maintenance posts.  The rules say that 100 US $ will be deducted, but shouldn't there also be a rule at the same time that says that X number of posts have to be made first before the member in breach can compete in the next Giveaway with a minimum of X posts made in the month preceding the Giveaway the member applies for?  Maybe there could even be a penalty in view of the fact there's a shortage of VPSs, that those in breach have to wait a month before they are allowed to compete again?

The idea being that only active members in good standing should be allowed to compete in any given Giveaway.  Active means regularly posting with a minimum of X posts made in the month preceding the Giveaway Application.

Also, with the dollar system as it is, it doesn’t reflect the value of the VPS that has accrued to the member.  It also doesn't reflect when a member has made more posts than needed and has given more value than what was received. There should be a more realistic evaluation of give and take in the dollar balance.  Not all of the VPSs are equal in specs and value as well.  Some have higher specs than others.   Maybe there should be a system where each month X dollars are subtracted from the VPS Owner's account that corresponds with the value of the VPS the member has.  The greater the specs of the VPS the more dollars need to be subtracted from the members' accounts.  Number of minimum posts can be the same but by taking dollars from the dollar balance at least it gives a more realistic view of the value the member has enjoyed of the post4vps arrangement and the value the member has given to the host.  Over the long run it will then show in the dollar balance if members have made more posts than what was needed to keep the VPS, rather than having a balance that looks huge, but where the member has enjoyed years of VPS value that is not accounted for in the dollar balance.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Thats quite interesting, how you put all the pieces together, but to be honest if we decided to do that wouldn't be it resulted as inequality. Its like a member one who had a VPS with 2GB RAM but currently have no VPS because he failed to complete his quota. then there is member two who had a VPS with 1GB RAM so we decided to debit $100 from one and $50 from two shouldn't it be partiality. As for VPS distribution it is done by checking the VPS usage, required resources and user's staff rating(its like we also decide whether to give someone a requested VPS or not. Like if a user requested a VPS9 just for hosting a website and it is clearly a waste of resources so we might give him/her a VPS with enough resources to run a website perfectly.

As for the posts and active user selection i guess its better to hear all the staff first.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
(04-20-2018, 10:56 PM)deanhills Wrote: The idea being that only active members in good standing should be allowed to compete in any given Giveaway.  Active means regularly posting with a minimum of X posts made in the month preceding the Giveaway Application.

I do not like this idea.

People all have real life. You cannot assume everyone has to have free time posting in this forum every month even when he/she does not currently own any VPS.

And your suggestion too much devalues whose supported this forum in the past. Bear in mind that they also gave real contributions and spent their valuable time in this forum. No reason they are not allowed to compete in Giveaway just because they may be busy last month.

@deanhills I actually do this.But mostly if their use is genuine they just win the vps once they lose their vps. They lose 100 points next give away if they win.
So they have spared up x amount and if they have 0 points they can't apply. But I'll come up with a final decision if I read this once I have the time
(04-21-2018, 04:39 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: I do not like this idea.

People all have real life. You cannot assume everyone has to have free time posting in this forum every month even when he/she does not currently own any VPS.

And your suggestion too much devalues whose supported this forum in the past. Bear in mind that they also gave real contributions and spent their valuable time in this forum. No reason they are not allowed to compete in Giveaway just because they may be busy last month.
I think you misunderstood my suggestion @tryp4vps.  Particularly if you thought I suggested people should make more posts.  The rules are clear about how many posts are needed and I don't have problems with that.  The suggestion was to subtract the value of the VPS "rental" every month from the total of the dollars in members' accounts so there is a clearer picture in the dollar value of the VPS that is being used.  Right now the total is an accumulation of dollars regardless of the value of VPS that has been enjoyed of that total. There isn't a clear picture of the service that has been enjoyed by members.

I don't like the point about "devalue".  VPSs are scarce and should be treated as a valuable asset.  For me personally it is a privilege to get a VPS, not a right regardless of how many posts one has made or how long one has been a member of the community.  Especially in the case of those who have been around for long in the community one would think they have enough of an understanding and appreciation to the owner and staff to want to do everything in their power to keep to the rules, so the owner can get the benefit from the post2host principle and the future of the business is assured.   I personally think the dollar balance without acknowledgment of the VPS service that has been enjoyed may give the person the idea that he is more equal because he has such a big balance and forget the value of the VPSs he has enjoyed to date because it has never been subtracted from the balance. 

I also think that if the VPS of a member has been suspended before the next giveaway and then gets to apply immediately and get a VPS at that Giveaway that there is a good chance of skipping posts for a month.  For example someone's VPS is suspended, he then applies again at the next Giveaway, but without having made the difference in posts.  Let's say he failed to post in February, then re-applies at the Giveaway early in March.  He then in effect has skipped 20 posts for February yet has enjoyed a VPS service.  For me that is wrong.  And it's easy to happen if there isn't at least a minimum current post balance asked for the month before the new application is made.  Unless there is a very compelling reason of course, in which case members can speak to the Giveaway Manager.  But the expectancy would still be that they will try their best to compensate by making those missing posts as soon as they are able to do so again, and that there will be a system that would check on that.

(04-21-2018, 11:07 AM)perryoo11 Wrote: @deanhills I actually do this.But mostly if their use is genuine they just win the vps once they lose their vps. They lose 100 points next give away if they win.
So they have spared up x amount and if they have 0 points they can't apply. But I'll come up with a final decision if I read this once I have the time
Agreed thanks @perryoo11.  That obviously works as well too.  To leave it to the discretion of the Giveaway Manager and staff.  It will probably also make it simpler that way.  If there is an attentive Giveaway Manager like you, the community is not that large that it requires more rules than there already are.  So agreed.  That makes sense and could work as well.

Thank you for everyone's contribution. I get the feeling there isn't much support for my suggestion and it could have been too idealistic, so if you wish you can close the suggestion or continue the discussion - I will leave this to @perryoo11 to decide.
Terminal
I just kind of feel that you're favoriting yourself and your conditions since you always get to keep your VPS by meeting quota.

Every P2H community is in need of new members, Those members are not to stand for a while if they don't get their VPS in their first 1-2 months - 3 Maximum, Meaning if you keep giving VPSs (Knowing that they are already very limited) to those who recently came back after long periods of inactivity this will give priority to them in Giveaways and lessen the new member's priority - Hence resulting in injusticeness.
(04-28-2018, 07:27 AM)TGX Wrote: I just kind of feel that you're favoriting yourself and your conditions since you always get to keep your VPS by meeting quota.
 I'm not sure I get this point, can you explain it to me?

Bottom line of my suggestion was to ensure that post4vps gets all of the posts it is supposed to get.  If someone doesn't make their quota of posts the one month and lose their VPS and then immediately gets a new VPS the next month, it may mean that they have skipped on making their quota of posts for the month before. Not only is that unfair to other members but my main focus was healthy traffic for post4vps so it can have lots of traffic always and keep to be healthy and thriving so we all can have the benefit of a continuity of service in its future. Purpose of a post4vps is to get traffic.  And our part is to make the 20 posts a month that are asked for. 

(04-28-2018, 07:27 AM)TGX Wrote: Every P2H community is in need of new members, Those members are not to stand for a while if they don't get their VPS in their first 1-2 months - 3 Maximum, Meaning if you keep giving VPSs (Knowing that they are already very limited) to those who recently came back after long periods of inactivity this will give priority to them in Giveaways and lessen the new member's priority - Hence resulting in injusticeness.
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're saying here.  I didn't mention anything about new members.  As far as I can see post4vps is very successful with attracting new members and helping them feel at home in the Forum.  This is definitely a great Forum to post to.

My suggestion was only about how the US$ that are earned should provide a more accurate view of the VPS service the person has received.  I.e. if a member earned 12,000 US$ then it can say 12,000 US$ of which X US$ benefit has been received.

This suggestion of mine seems to have been confusing some of the members though, so hence why I asked to leave this to the Giveaway Manager to manage.  Maybe it's better that @perryoo11 close this thread.
Terminal
Closed to Stop further discussion, as for the suggestion we will think about it.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-31-2020, 11:08 PM
Last Post: deanhills
07-09-2019, 03:33 AM
Last Post: Manal

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting