arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching the CPU
Hello everyone,
i Want to fix my old computer and make it a gaming pc. not a strong one but good enough to run a few games. so this is the spec of my computer:
[Image: Capture.png]

i know that the CPU is way too bad for gaming and not good. i have replaced the ram and replaced the hard drive with an ssd that i had on my house. now i want to replace the cpu with a new one.
my questions are:
which cpu will be great for games and will not cost a lot? (i was thinking about i5-7600)
will i have to replace the motherboard with the cpu because the new cpu wont fit?
where is the best place to buy instead of local stores?
my computer model is asus k53 computer.
P.S i know some of you thinking that i need also a GPU to play games but i already thought about that. i want to buy an external gpu slot and i have 1050 ti gpu to connect to the external gpu.
thanks for reading and thanks for everyone who is replying here! Heart
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
(08-27-2020, 08:31 AM)OldMeister Wrote: Hello everyone,
i Want to fix my old computer and make it a gaming pc. not a strong one but good enough to run a few games. so this is the spec of my computer:
[Image: Capture.png]

i know that the CPU is way too bad for gaming and not good. i have replaced the ram and replaced the hard drive with an ssd that i had on my house. now i want to replace the cpu with a new one.
my questions are:
which cpu will be great for games and will not cost a lot? (i was thinking about i5-7600)
will i have to replace the motherboard with the cpu because the new cpu wont fit?
where is the best place to buy instead of local stores?
my computer model is asus k53 computer.
P.S i know some of you thinking that i need also a GPU to play games but i already thought about that. i want to buy an external gpu slot and i have 1050 ti gpu to connect to the external gpu.
thanks for reading and thanks for everyone who is replying here! Heart

It is a notebook, you can't change mobo nor CPU. Everything is soldered.
You should buy a newer machine if you want to game
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
I suggest you to buy a complete package of gaming PC instead of replacing products buy a good gaming PX or laptop which starts from nearly 60k look up on amazon or flipkart go on user ratings and choose a good gaming PC
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

As mentioned above in the thread, your mentioned model is not a computer that can be upgraded manually, I'd suggest you find a cheap mid-tower PC.

I'd have some suggestions for you, firstly avoid buying OEM PCs especially HP ones as they use proprietary solutions which end up blocking ur route of future upgradeability or placing in a bigger graphic card (as they require beefier PSUs which usually OEMs don't have). I think Dell PCs are a bit better in this regard but definitely don't opt for HP.

Secondly you have to keep in mind that Intel changes their socket with almost every new gen meaning if u decide to later upgrade from like a 2nd gen i3 to a 7th gen i5 you will have to also purchase a new motherboard which supports the newer gen's socket as well as new ram (if ur upgrading from DDR3 to DDR4) so its quite a hefty upgrade cost.

On the other hand Ryzen (from 1st to 4th gen) uses the same AM4 socket meaning u would have better future proofing in that regard.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
thank you all for your kind responds and suggestions i will get into it right now
by the way this pc was not meant for really heavy games and high spec needed.
this pc was for simple games and i was thinking of adding external gpu instead of buying a motherboard with a gpu connected to it
You would be wasting money and other resources (time, nerves, electricity, etc...) following the route "i was thinking of adding external gpu instead of buying a motherboard with a gpu connected to it".

That notebook is not meant for gaming at all. The CPU is absolutely garbage given how old it is and how entry class (low end) it is (also not to mention how bad mobile CPUs were back in the ages of 2nd Gen Intel i Core). Your notebook has no interface to support the necessary performance and computing power of an external GPU. You don't have USB-C and you don't have Thunderbolt. No external GPU for you. Also again the CPU would be an instant bottleneck where everything would still run very bad while you GPU would be "chilling in the corner" because it has to wait for the CPU.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Yeah I am going through this exercise with my younger brother, this weekend we are building him a new machine and I will hopefully have it in System Center by the end of the day tomorrow. eGPU's are a great option for desktop production and I in fact have on with my MacPro Build, you would be better off getting a Desktop Shell and building your own system. It can be done fairly easy and there are resources online that will help you spec out hardware and even show you the lowest prices for that piece.

When looking at a new build, I would recomend going towards Intel, I've done builds with AMD chips and they just do not last as long as my Intel Builds do, and your current get i5 - i9 chips have integrated graphics which is amazing when you are doing graphic intensive work that the onboard chip will do the lifting it can and then programmatically hand of the rest of the load to your graphics card.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
my plan was to get an intel i5-7600 i thought it will be good enough, i never was a fan of amd CPU and i never liked them, i will buy an intel cpu with new motherboard or im gonna try to fit something of the CPU i have at home. also good luck on building that new machine mate Smile
(09-30-2020, 07:59 AM)OldMeister Wrote: my plan was to get an intel i5-7600 i thought it will be good enough, i never was a fan of amd CPU and i never liked them, i will buy an intel cpu with new motherboard or im gonna try to fit something of the CPU i have at home. also good luck on building that new machine mate Smile

That is a really solid chip, I just rebuild my brother's PC and we put an i5-9600 with the MSI B460M Pro motherboard. He just order the AMD Radeon Pro W5500 and we will be moving his OS to a 512GB M.2 key and then I will raid together his two 512GB SSDs and partition them out for his games and media along with one partition being for backups and restore points. Yeah! I will post a Hackintosh tutorial showing just how I retrofit the MacPro G5 case. I am going to take it to my friend and have him paint it space grey for me, and I am beyond excited haha.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting