arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Speak Or Discord?
(10-15-2019, 05:48 AM)youssefbasha Wrote: You don't know what can a discord bot do Oh
Something like a SAMP server: i saw a bot set vip/cash/money/scores/levels, bans a members,

That's true. I also develop Discord bot with discord.py. It's so powerful but easy to develop. While in the other hand, I rarely find Teamspeak bot that's available for public.

Discord's user base is moreeeee bigger than Teamspeak has.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
I personally was always a fan of TeamSpeak 3, loved the the ease of customising & the server hosting aspect off it, However in saying the Discord i believe is currently the leading due to the ease of use & no requiprements of having to pay, which makes it easier to spin up a quick server whenever needed.
@tiwil The 128 kbps voice quality thing you mentioned is wrong , there is indeed an option to have your Voice quality from 128 - 384 kbps , I would'nt say it is an option it is actually a perk.
Thanks to Host4Fun and Post4VPS for my VPS 1.
I think most people would agree with me when I say that TeamSpeak is kinda outdated now, Discord is better in almost every way, Servers don't need to pay/host teamspeak servers(though in fairness those servers didn't cost that much anyway), and players don't need to install any client to be able to talk with the friends.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(10-16-2019, 11:48 AM)Honey Wrote: I think most people would agree with me when I say that TeamSpeak is kinda outdated now, Discord is better in almost every way, Servers don't need to pay/host teamspeak servers(though in fairness those servers didn't cost that much anyway), and players don't need to install any client to be able to talk with the friends.

Agreed, I think the biggest factor with Discord is that it's a lot more modern & easy to use. From phone apps, Windows app & even on your browser it just makes it 10x easier to use compared to TS3.
(10-16-2019, 11:43 AM)GodLikeGill Wrote: @tiwil The 128 kbps voice quality thing you mentioned is wrong , there is indeed an option to have your Voice quality from 128 - 384 kbps , I would'nt say it is an option it is actually a perk.

AFAIK, those 128kbps voice quality only allowed if your server owner activated the Nitro boost (and it's not free). It will allow higher voice quality. Otherwise, you will be limited to only 96kbps voice quality.

While in Teamspeak 3, if you own your own TS3 server, you can set it to higher voice quality with higher bitrate too. That's the "downside" of Discord I'm talking about.

But, Discord have bigger user as other said, and it allow free application on every single platform. TS3 need you to pay them some bucks to get Android application.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
I have always been against Discord and I will always be against Discord.

One more proof of why Discord and services alike should be avoided a all costs: https://www.reddit.com/r/privacy/comment...s_without/

Why would I or any other normal sane person want to use another service collecting all of my personal data??? You let others host something for you by giving away all of your rights and privileges. You're selling yourself for something that you can do yourself much better with the control fully in your hands and no limitations.

Also did I mention already about their censorship? Like many of the other brainless zombie companies that collect your data. A lot gets censored in this world nowadays.

Generally we are in an epoch of the mentally ill. What is happening to the humanity these days?

TeamSpeak although better is not really to my liking either due to their license model and the client issues (free here but paid there and issues here while running perfect there).

Mumble is the best alternative to all of them.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Teamspeak is a application . You need a server and client to use it . But it give you more control and you have more privileges than discord

Discord is saas or software as a sercice they provide the server and you just use it from the client . No server configuration needed
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Discussion closed at request of author of the thread.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
06-09-2018, 06:54 PM
Last Post: adgod
10-30-2017, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Honey

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting