arrow_upward

Pages (81): Jump to page 
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
The last movie i rewatched is "Interstellar". One of my favorite movies of all time and no matter how many times i repeat it it gets amazing. Alot of it theories are really good to read and gives a new point to rewatch it again. I'm sure at this point everyone has actually watched it. The favorite part is mine when they reach the other planet and get stuck there and they waste years on earth.

Quote:Interstellar is a 2014 British-American epic science fiction film directed and produced by Christopher Nolan. It stars Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Bill Irwin, Ellen Burstyn, John Lithgow, Michael Caine, and Matt Damon. Set in a dystopian future where humanity is struggling to survive, the film follows a group of astronauts who travel through a wormhole near Saturn in search of a new home for mankind.

IMDB Rating : 8.6/10
Rotten Tomatoes : 72%
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

Last night I watched a film called "Sound of Metal", the films follow the story of a drummer who loses his hearing in hopes that a medical procedure will restore his hearing and his journey to integrate with the deaf community. I can't such much because some event are spoiler and it could ruin the "final" message that the film wants to express.

Quote:Ruben is a drummer and one half of the metal duo Blackgammon, along with the singer and his girlfriend, Lou. They live in an RV while driving across the United States to perform gigs. When Ruben begins to lose his hearing, he goes to a pharmacy seeking a diagnosis. The pharmacist refers him to a doctor, who performs a hearing test and finds that Ruben can only make out 20–30 percent of words he hears and his hearing will deteriorate rapidly; moreover, although cochlear implants may benefit him, their high cost is not covered by insurance. The doctor suggests that Ruben eliminate all exposure to loud noises and later undergo further testing, but Ruben continues to perform.

When Lou learns of Ruben's condition she wants to stop performing for his safety, but he wants to continue. She is also concerned about his sobriety, as he is a recovering drug addict. They call his sponsor, Hector, who finds a rural shelter for deaf recovering addicts that accepts Ruben, run by a man named Joe, a recovering alcoholic who lost his hearing in Vietnam. Ruben leaves with Lou because they will not let her live there with him and he wants only the implants. Lou, anxious for his well-being, leaves and persuades Ruben to return to the shelter.

Ruben begins to meet the other members of the shelter as he attends meetings and settles into his new life. He is introduced to Diane, a teacher, and the children in her class, and begins to learn American Sign Language. Joe tasks Ruben with writing endlessly and sitting peacefully in an effort to make him comfortable with the silence, and tells him that he himself will do the same, simultaneously. Ruben joins Diane's class and starts to connect with the children and the rest of the community. He gives the children and Diane basic drumming lessons.

So far, Ruben's stay has been sponsored by a church. Joe offers him a more permanent way of staying on, as an employee of the community, and tells him to think about it. Ruben periodically uses the computer to see what Lou is up to, discovering her to be experimenting with her own music in Paris. He gets his friend Jenn to sell his drums and other music equipment, then sells his RV, using the money for cochlear implant surgery. Ruben asks Joe to loan him money to buy back his RV while he awaits activation of the implant. Joe refuses, commenting that Ruben looks and sounds like an addict. Brokenhearted, Joe then asks Ruben to leave the community, as it is founded on the belief that deafness is not a handicap.

Once they have been activated, the implants allow Ruben to hear, but the sound from them is heavily distorted and not what he was hoping for, and this disrupts his attempts to regain his old way of life. Ruben flies to meet Lou at her wealthy father Richard's house in Paris[4] where she has settled into a new lifestyle. Richard welcomes him and allows him to stay there. Richard confides in Ruben that while he did not originally like him, he recognizes that Ruben has made Lou happy. At a gathering, Lou and her father perform a duet, and Ruben finds his implants don't allow him to hear music as he used to. Ruben and Lou discuss the possibility of playing music and touring again. Ruben notices this makes Lou anxious and tells her all is well and that she saved his life. She tells him that he saved hers too. The next morning, Ruben takes his things and leaves while Lou is still sleeping. Bothered yet again by the distortion, he sits on a bench and removes his implants' processors, becoming comfortable with the silence.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
The Fifth Element (1997). I had been searching for this movie for a while. For a long time, I couldn't find a good copy. IT has an interesting crew Milica Dvovich, Bruce Willis, Chris Tucker, etc. It's an action-comedy and a pretty good one too. It was a successful movie too with a 90 million budget it made 264 millions.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

36th Precinct / 2004 / France / 7.1 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:2 cops are promised by the retiring chief of the Paris police that the one, getting the violent gang robbing armored trucks, will get his job. The 2 will do whatever it takes to get the promotion, even if it means breaking the law. In the underbelly of the Parisian criminal world, the Police are frustrated by a gang committing a series of violent robberies. Leo Vrinks and Denis Klein are two cops seeking promotion, and the imminent departure of the Chief sets the scene for them to compete for the vacant throne. The competition between them becomes increasingly ruthless and blurs the usual lines of morality, until there seems no difference between the police and the criminals they chase. Vrinks, meeting with a source, becomes involved with a murder. Klein seizes the opportunity to up the ante and arranges for the arrest of Vrinks, but when he goes further and viciously involves Vrinks' wife, Camille, revenge is inevitable.

A french action movie about a special police forces group attempting to find and destroy a group of robbers that hit mobile secure money transports with high powered weapons, skills and a lot of violence if necessary.

A lot about internal affairs inside the special forces / between police. Friends and their relations. That all aside from the action regarding the robber group.

It was a good movie overall.

Honest Thief / 2020 / USA / 6 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:Wanting to lead an honest life, a notorious bank robber turns himself in, only to be double-crossed by two ruthless FBI agents. They call him the In-and-Out-Bandit because meticulous thief Tom Carter (Liam Neeson) has stolen $9 million from small-town banks while managing to keep his identity a secret. But after he falls in love with the bubbly Annie (Kate Walsh), Tom decides to make a fresh start by coming clean about his criminal past, only to be double-crossed by two ruthless FBI agents.

A recent movie with Liam Neeson. Not up to the usual level of movies he plays in. It was absolutely alright though.

The Commuter / 2018 / USA / 6.3 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:An action-thriller in which an insurance salesman/ex-cop is caught up in a life-threatening conspiracy during his daily commute home. Michael MacCauley, a former police officer and now a hard-working life-insurance salesman and a caring family man, has been taking the commuter rail to New York for the past ten years. But, things will take an unexpected turn when, on one of his daily journeys, the cryptic passenger, Joanna, makes Michael a generous and tempting offer to locate a single commuter or face grave consequences. Is this a sick joke, or is this, indeed, a dangerous situation? Now, as Michael races against the clock to solve this wicked conundrum, everyone aboard is a suspect, in a deal that there is more than meets the eye. Can he decide in time who is the one?

Another movie with Liam Neeson I watched today Smile .

This one has more thrill to it and is more intense than the first one. I enjoyed it more.

A Walk Among the Tombstones / 2014 / USA / 6.5 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:Private investigator Matthew Scudder is hired by a drug kingpin to find out who kidnapped and murdered his wife. Matt Scudder is a former cop now a private eye. He is asked by a drug dealer to find the men who kidnapped his wife. It seems like they killed her even after he paid them. Scudder refuses. But the man later goes to see him and tells him how his wife was killed. Scudder takes the job. He does some research and thinks the men he is looking for have done this more than once. And that everyone they grabbed is connected to a drug dealer. He was about to give up when they grab another girl and Scudder tries make sure she's returned alive.

I believe I watched this movie at some point in the past but I wasn't sure so I decided to watch it again.

The outcome? I'm still not sure if I have watched it in the past. Well, that was useful.

By the way this is another Liam Neeson movie. An action crime thriller. It was very interesting Smile .

Run All Night / 2015 / USA / 6.6 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:Mobster and hit man Jimmy Conlon has one night to figure out where his loyalties lie: with his estranged son, Mike, whose life is in danger, or his longtime best friend, mob boss Shawn Maguire, who wants Mike to pay for the death of his own son. Professional Brooklyn hit-man Jimmy Conlon is more commonly known as THE GRAVEDIGGER. Jimmy was a mob hit-man, who was best friends with his boss Sean Maguire. But when Jimmy's son, Michael, is marked for death by the mob, Jimmy must go up against Sean to protect Michael at all costs. Together, he and Michael must avoid corrupt cops, contract killers and the mob to survive the night.

One last movie with Liam Neeson for now Wink .

Another action movie though. Interesting story development but I guess predictable. Not bad though.

No Escape / 2015 / USA / 6.8 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:In their new overseas house, an American family soon finds themselves caught in the middle of a coup, and they frantically look for a safe escape from an environment where foreigners are being immediately executed. A couple (Owen Wilson and Lake Bell) and their two daughters relocate to Asia, only to find themselves caught in the middle of a dangerous coup. Realizing that foreigners are being murdered on the spot, they make a desperate decision to escape the violence on the streets and seek refuge at the American Embassy, all while trying to avoid detection by the merciless rebels.

A really great movie I can recommend with Pierce Brosnan and Owen Wilson in the cast, a very intense story and a lot of very interesting moments.

Honestly the things shown in the movie aren't far of the reality in some countries at all. Remember events from the past where countless attacks on US embassies in different 3rd world countries have been made.

Another very similar and also absolutely great movie is called Hotel Mumbai (based on a real events in the year 2008 in mumbai). Or another one 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (also based on real events that happened in Lybia).
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
Independence Day / 1996 / USA / 7.0 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:The aliens are coming and their goal is to invade and destroy Earth. Fighting superior technology, mankind's best weapon is the will to survive. On July 2nd, communications systems worldwide are sent into chaos by a strange atmospheric interference. It is soon learned by the military that a number of enormous objects are on a collision course with Earth. At first thought to be meteors, they are later revealed to be gigantic spacecraft, piloted by a mysterious alien species. After attempts to communicate with the aliens go nowhere, David Levinson, an ex-scientist turned cable technician, discovers that the aliens are going to attack major points around the globe in less than a day. On July 3rd, the aliens all but obliterate New York, Los Angeles and Washington, as well as Paris, London, Houston and Moscow. The survivors set out in convoys towards Area 51, a strange government testing ground where it is rumored the military has a captured alien spacecraft of their own. The survivors devise a plan to fight back against the enslaving aliens, and July 4th becomes the day humanity will fight for its freedom. July 4th is their Independence Day.

A great movie and a classic. I think most of you know about this movie and have probably watched it already.

Stir of Echoes / 1999 / USA / 7.0 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:After being hypnotized by his sister-in-law, a man begins seeing haunting visions of a girl's ghost and a mystery begins to unfold around him. A man is hypnotized at a party by his sister-in law. He soon has visions and dreams of a ghost of a girl. Trying to avoid this, nearly pushes him to brink of insanity as the ghost wants something from him - to find out how she died. The only way he can get his life back is finding out the truth behind her death. The more he digs, the more he lets her in, the shocking truth behind her death puts his whole family in danger.

I watched it but didn't really enjoy it. I mean like at the beginning it did catch my attention by half way through it kinda lost it again. Towards the end it got a bit more interesting though.

The Last Boy Scout / 1991 / USA / 7.0 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:A private detective's protected female witness is murdered, prompting him and the victim's boyfriend to investigate the crime that leads to a corrupt politician and a crooked football team owner. A down and out cynical detective teams up with a down and out ex-quarterback to try and solve a murder case involving a pro football team and a politician.

A classic movie that probably all of you have already seen. If you haven't you should watch it.

Bruce Willis acting like the super cool ex cop probably one of the best things about this movie. Story is interesting, too.

In Cold Blood / 1967 / USA / 7.9 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:After a botched robbery results in the brutal murder of a rural family, two drifters elude police, in the end coming to terms with their own mortality and the repercussions of their vile atrocity. In meeting in Kansas, ex-cons Perry Smith and Dick Hickock are breaking several conditions of their respective paroles. The meeting, initiated by Dick, is to plan and eventually carry out a robbery based on information he had received from a fellow inmate about $10,000 cash being locked in a hidden safe in the home of the farming Clutter family of Holcomb, Kansas. After the robbery, they plan on going to Mexico permanently to elude capture by the police. Each brings a necessary personality to the partnership to carry out the plan, Dick who is the brash manipulator, Perry the outwardly more sensitive but unrealistic dreamer with a violent streak under the surface. Perry literally carries all his dreams in a large box he takes with him wherever he goes. The robbery does not go according to plan in any respect, the pair who ultimately hogtie and execute all four members of the Clutter family, only coming away from the home with $43 in cash. As Perry and Dick go on the run, a murder investigation ensues, led by Topeka based Detective Alvin Dewey. If Dewey and his team are able eventually to identify the pair as the murderers and capture them, they, if they understand the two, may get their much needed confessions in dividing and conquering. Perry and Dick's fates may also be regardless of who literally pulled the trigger.

Probably the oldest movie I have seen so far. Pretty good one indeed.
The Exorcist / 1973 / USA / 8.0 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:When a 12-year-old girl is possessed by a mysterious entity, her mother seeks the help of two priests to save her. A visiting actress in Washington, D.C., notices dramatic and dangerous changes in the behavior and physical make-up of her 12-year-old daughter. Meanwhile, a young priest at nearby Georgetown University begins to doubt his faith while dealing with his mother's terminal sickness. And, book-ending the story, a frail, elderly priest recognizes the necessity for a show-down with an old demonic enemy.

What a crazy movie but it suits the times very well and is made very good. I never actually seen it fully before. Always picked up some scenes from friends, websites or TV (randomly).

The Blues Brothers / 1980 / USA / 7.9 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:ake Blues, just released from prison, puts together his old band to save the Catholic home where he and his brother Elwood were raised. After the release of Jake Blues from prison, he and brother Elwood go to visit "The Penguin", the last of the nuns who raised them in an orphanage. They learn the Archdiocese will stop supporting the school and will sell the place to the Education Authority. The only way to keep the place open is if the $5000 tax on the property is paid within 11 days. The Blues Brothers want to help, and decide to put their blues band back together and raise the money by staging a big gig. As they set off on their "mission from God" they seem to make more enemies along the way. Will they manage to come up with the money in time?

Not really mind kind of movie as they're doing a lot of musical things / stuff. Otherwise not bad at all. I actually liked some of the songs that you got to hear during some scenes.

Blood Simple / 1984 / USA / 7.6 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:The owner of a seedy small-town Texas bar discovers that one of his employees is having an affair with his wife. A chaotic chain of misunderstandings, lies and mischief ensues after he devises a plot to have them murdered. Texas bar owner Julian Marty, who is generally regarded as not a nice person, hires shady private detective Loren Visser, who is able to obtain what Marty requests evidence - in this instance, photographic - that his wife, Abby, and one of his bartenders, Ray, are having an affair. As Ray and Abby realize that Marty has found out about them, it allows them to plan for their future away from Marty, while being up front with Marty about the situation. Marty, in turn, decides to hire Visser once again, this time to kill Abby and Ray, and dispose of their bodies so that they won't be found. The out-in-the-open affair and the contract hit lead to some actions based on self-interest and a standoff of sorts between the four players, which is compounded in complexity by some wrong assumptions of what has happened, with an innocent bystander, another of the Marty's bartenders, Meurice, potentially, and unwittingly, adding to the scenario.

A noir-styled movie about love, affairs, a tale of bad coincidences and worse planning.

Really interesting movie and definitely worth a watch!

Platoon / 1986 / USA / 8.1 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:Chris Taylor, a neophyte recruit in Vietnam, finds himself caught in a battle of wills between two sergeants, one good and the other evil. A shrewd examination of the brutality of war and the duality of man in conflict. Chris Taylor is a young, naive American who gives up college and volunteers for combat in Vietnam. Upon arrival, he quickly discovers that his presence is quite nonessential, and is considered insignificant to the other soldiers, as he has not fought for as long as the rest of them and felt the effects of combat. Chris has two non-commissioned officers, the ill-tempered and indestructible Staff Sergeant Robert Barnes and the more pleasant and cooperative Sergeant Elias Grodin. A line is drawn between the two NCOs and a number of men in the platoon when an illegal killing occurs during a village raid. As the war continues, Chris himself draws towards psychological meltdown. And as he struggles for survival, he soon realizes he is fighting two battles, the conflict with the enemy and the conflict between the men within his platoon.

Ah, yes. The madness of the Vietnam war with the US.

Honestly the movie is good but I've seen to many Vietnam and war movies. It slowly gets pretty boring to watch movies about the Vietnam war, World War II or other wars from the past.

Nontheless a very great movie and worth a watch.

Rain Man / 1988 / USA / 8 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:Selfish yuppie Charlie Babbitt's father left a fortune to his savant brother Raymond and a pittance to Charlie; they travel cross-country. Charles Sanford "Charlie" Babbit is a self-centered Los Angeles-based automobile dealer/hustler/bookie who is at war with his own life. Charlie, as a young teenager, used his father's 1949 Buick convertible without permission and as a result, he went to jail for two days on account that his father reported it stolen. It is then that Charlie learns that his estranged father died and left him from his last will and testament a huge bed of roses and the car while the remainder will of $3 Million goes into a trust fund to be distributed to someone. Charlie seemed pretty angry by this and decides to look into this matter. It seems as if that "someone" is Raymond, Charlie's unknown brother, an autistic savant who lives in a world of his own, resides at the Walbrook Institute. Charlie then kidnaps Raymond and decides to take him on a lust for life trip to the west coast as a threat to get the $3 Million inheritance. Raymond's acts and nagging, including repeated talks of "Abbott & Costello", "Four minutes till Wapner" and refusal to fly on an airline except Qantas drives Charlie insane... and out of his selfish world into a cross-country trek of pure love and understanding that these two both have.

A really great movie with Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman.

Autism is no joke and should be taken seriously. The movie is attempting to make aware of this for the time it was made in. It wasn't even known widely that autism was a existing thing and a big issue for affected peopel.

Great character development in terms of the role that Tom Cruise played and as well as Dustin Hoffman's role.
Manhunter / 1986 / USA / 7.2 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:Former FBI profiler Will Graham returns to service to pursue a deranged serial killer dubbed "the Tooth Fairy" by the media. Will Graham (William Petersen) is a former F.B.I. Agent who recently retired to Florida with his wife Molly (Kim Greist) and their young son, Kevin (David Seaman). Graham was a "profiler", one who profiles criminal's behavior and tries to put his mind into the minds of criminals to examine their thoughts while visiting crime scenes. Will is called out of his self-imposed retirement at the request of his former boss Jack Crawford (Dennis Farina) to help the F.B.I. catch an elusive serial killer, known to the press as the "Tooth Fairy" (Tom Noonan), who randomly kills whole families in their houses during nights of the full moon and leaves bite marks on his victims. To try to search for clues to get into the mind of the killer, Will has occasional meetings with Dr. Hannibal Lecktor (Brian Cox), a charismatic, but very dangerous imprisoned serial killer that Will captured years earlier which nearly drove him insane from the horrific encounter that nearly cost Will's life. With some help and hindrance, Will races against the clock before the next full moon when the "Tooth Fairy" will strike again. Elsewhere, a local photographer named Francis Dollarhyde, the killer for whom Will is looking, struggles to stay undetected while seeing a hope of redemption when be begins a relationship with a blind woman (Joan Allen) who is not aware of his double life.

It is a great crime thriller movie however given that I don't know a single of the actors and the movie is older than me I actually like the remake from 2002 more due to known cast / actors and everything. Both movie have the same scores and the remake is as great as the original.
I have watched a Tamil Movie named Kathi recently, the movie starred by Vijay, one of the best actor in Tamil industry. It tells the story of a village of farmers and their agony. The protagonist trying to make the people aware of the value of farmers by his creative ideas, the movie is strong in its message. A good movie for watching.
My rating : 9/10

Thank you  Sweet

The Fugitives / 1986 / France / 7.1 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:Jean is taken hostage at a bank by a foolish bank robber. As Jean left prison an hour earlier, the police assume he's the robber. Everything goes comically wrong. The robber's little daughter joins the fugitives. Coming out from jail, Lucas has decided to change his life and behave like a good citizen. But when he is taken hostage in a bank by a hare-brained robber, no cops can believe he is not part of this action.

A really great french oldie with Gérard Depardieu. Part comedy and part drama.

Worth a watch.

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure / 1989 / USA / 7 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:Two seemingly dumb teens set off on a quest to prepare the ultimate historical presentation with the help of a time machine. In the small town of San Dimas, a few miles away from Los Angeles, there are two nearly brain dead teenage boys going by the names of Bill S, Preston ESQ. and Ted Theodore Logan, they have a dream together of starting their own rock and roll band called the "Wyld Stallyns". Unfortunately, they are still in high school and on the verge of failing out of their school as well, and if they do not pass their upcoming history report, they will be separated as a result of Ted's father sending him to military school. But, what Bill and Ted do not know is that they must stay together to save the future. So, a man from the future named Rufus came to help them pass their report. So, both Bill and Ted decided to gather up historical figures which they need for their report. They are hoping that this will help them pass their report so they can stay together.

A classic comedy movie with the young Keanu Reeves. A lot of silly things happening. Big Grin

Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey / 1991 / USA / 6.3 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:A tyrant from the future creates evil android doubles of Bill and Ted and sends them back to eliminate the originals. The world of our distant future is a veritable utopia, thanks to the lyrics of two simple-minded 20th Century rock and rollers, Bill S. Preston, Esq. and Ted "Theodore" Logan. However, a would-be conquerer threatens to throw history off-track by sending "most non-non-heinous" evil robot Bill and Teds back to kill their good counterparts. Finding themselves dead, the boys must outwit the Grim Reaper and traverse Heaven and Hell to return to the land of the living, rescue their "babes" and have a "most triumphant" concert at the all-important Battle of the Bands.

A second movie of the movie above. It wasn't as great as the first was. Not going to watch the newest one even. It's generally not my kind of movie genre (if you look at my previously watched movies).

Strange Days / 1995 / USA / 7.2 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:A former cop turned street-hustler accidentally uncovers a conspiracy in Los Angeles in 1999. In 1999, Los Angeles is a racial war zone with the army and LSPD, and SWAT officers fighting Afro-American people. The former cop Lenny Nero is a dealer of illegal recording in CDs that gives the memories and sensations of the recorder to the user. He buys the recordings from the supplier Tick; he misses his former mistress Faith, who was a hooker and now is a singer; his best friend is the private eye Max Peltier and the limousine driver Lornette 'Mace' Mason, who has an unrequited love for him. Two days before the turn of the century, the black rapper Jeriko One is murdered. The hooker Iris seeks Lenny out but there is an incident and they do not talk to each other. However, she drops a recording into Lenny's car while he unsuccessfully tries to meet Faith at a nightclub. However her boyfriend Philo Gant does not let them talk. When Lenny learns that Iris was sadistically raped and killed, he gets involved in a sick scheme and discovers dirty hidden secrets.

That was a very interesting movie. I think the developers of Cyberpunk 2077 might have used this movie as some kind of inspiration for the brain dance thing in the game. The setting of the movie is quite a strange one indeed. However, overall a very good movie.
A Murder of Crows / 1998 / USA / 6.3 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:A disbarred lawyer takes credit for a late friend's book, which becomes a smash hit but the tables turn on him sooner than he suspected. After a lawyer gets disbarred, he goes off to write a book about his experience. He meets a man who lets him read his manuscript. The man dies and the lawyer passes the book off as his. Just when the book becomes a big success. He gets arrested for the true-life murders of the five lawyers in his book. He then finds himself, trying to prove that he is innocent of the murders.

The story itself is a very interesting one actually. The most interesting part of the movie starts in the middle and goes to the end though. Everything before that is kinda lame which made me stop watching the movie yesterday and only continue it today to finish it.

The Limey / 1999 / USA / 7 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:An extremely volatile and dangerous Englishman goes to Los Angeles to find the man he considers responsible for his daughter's death. An ex-con, fresh out of prison, goes to L.A. to try to learn who murdered his daughter. However, he quickly finds that he is completely out of place with no understanding of the culture he finds. His investigations are helped by another ex-con. Together they learn that his daughter had been having an affair with a record producer, who is presently having an affair with another young woman. An aging actress, who also knew his daughter, forces him to look at his own failures as a father. The movie does focus on the drama of the situation and the inter-relationships of the characters and seldom slips into an action piece.

Seemed interesting when I saw the description and everything but I didn't really enjoy watching it much. Was boring most of the time. And the action was mostly a few fights and mainly some shootouts.

Spy Game / 2001 / USA / 7.1 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:Retiring CIA agent Nathan Muir recalls his training of Tom Bishop while working against agency politics to free him from his Chinese captors. CIA operative Nathan Muir (Redford) is on the brink of retirement when he finds out that his protege Tom Bishop (Pitt) has been arrested in China for espionage. No stranger to the machinations of the CIA's top echelon, Muir hones all his skills and irreverent manner in order to find a way to free Bishop. As he embarks on his mission to free Bishop, Muir recalls how he recruited and trained the young rookie, at that time a sergeant in Vietnam, their turbulent times together as operatives and the woman who threatened their friendship.

Great story. Good cast. Happy End Smile .
Pages (81): Jump to page 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-29-2020, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Decent12

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting