arrow_upward

Pages (81): Jump to page 
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
Recently I watched "Penguins of Madagascar" on netflix. It is an animation film targeting children... but I liked it. It give you a it of backstory of our little and cute team. As always I leave the plot from wikipedia. Watch it, it is very funny Smile
Prior to the events of Madagascar, Skipper, Rico, and Kowalski are chicks in a penguin colony in Antarctica. An egg rolls away from the colony, and the trio rescue it from leopard seals, but are set adrift on an iceberg. The egg hatches, and the trio name their new baby "brother" Private.

Ten years later, after the events of Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted, the Penguins celebrate Private's birthday by breaking into Fort Knox, to get Cheesy Dibbles from a vending machine, though what Private really wants is to no longer be considered a "cute face/mascot" but a member of the team. The machine comes to life and kidnaps the penguins. The kidnapper is revealed to be Dave, an octopus who lived in the Central Park Zoo as a star attraction, until the four penguins arrived and stole his popularity with their sheer cuteness. After being passed between zoos and aquariums as an unwanted animal, Dave has disguised himself as a scientist named Dr. Octavius Brine, to enact his revenge. Rico swallows Dave's snowglobe collection and a vial of serum, and the penguins fight off Dave's octopus henchmen and escape.

Fleeing through Venice, the penguins are rescued by agents of the North Wind, an inter-species intelligence agency. "Classified", the wolf leader, informs the penguins that Dave has invented a bioweapon called "Medusa Serum". Rico regurgitates the serum to show Classified, and his North Wind companions: polar bear Corporal, harp seal demolitionist Short Fuse, and snowy owl intelligence officer Eva, with whom Kowalski falls in love. Dave hacks into the North Wind computers and reveals he has far more of the serum. Penguins then start disappearing from exhibits all over the world; seeing them as "just penguins" and fearing that they will disrupt the investigation, Classified darts them and sends them via plane to a safehouse on Madagascar.

Skipper's team escapes the plane, making their way to Shanghai. Using clues from Dave's snowglobes, they deduce the next zoo attacked will be Shanghai Zoo itself. Private, much to his chagrin, is dressed up as bait for Dave while the others lie in wait. The North Wind intervenes, and Private and the rest of the Shanghai penguins are captured; Skipper, Rico, and Kowalski attempt to steal Classified's jet and accidentally blow it up. The North Wind trace Private to Dave's lair and travel there by boat, with the three penguins towed behind on a wok without food or water as punishment.

Dave demonstrates his plan to mutate all penguins into monsters, so humans will hate them and try to kill them all. Skipper, Rico, and Kowalski reluctantly agree to act as a diversion while Classified leads his team into Dave's submarine; however, both the penguins and the North Wind are captured. Dave attempts to zap Private with his Medusa serum ray, but Private escapes. The others believe that Private has been disintegrated. Dave uses the serum on the rest of the penguins, while Private frees the North Wind. Having lost their weapons, they decide to go back to base to regroup, but Private refuses to abandon his brothers and stays behind.

Dave releases the mutated penguins on New York City, inciting a panic. As exterminators try to vacuum up the Penguins with street sweepers, Private steals the ray. He manages to find his brothers and explains his plan - if they replace the Medusa Serum capsule with him, he, as a "source of immeasurable cuteness", can be used to turn all the penguins normal. After an extended battle with Dave and the other octopus guards, during which the North Wind return and blow up Dave's submarine, Skipper manages to activate the ray. All penguins are turned back to normal, while Dave is shrunk to a cute baby octopus and trapped in a snowglobe, which a child decides to take home. Private is mutated into a moose/penguin hybrid, but everyone hails him as the hero of the day. Eva and Kowalski kiss, and Classified apologizes for his distrust of the brothers and gifts them four North Wind jet packs.

In a mid-credits scene, the penguins use Mort in the ray to return Private to normal. King Julien is disappointed Mort was not mutated into a monster, until Mort suddenly tries to eat him.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
JCVD / 2008 / Belgium / 7.1 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:Jean-Claude Van Damme gets involved in a bank robbery with hostages situation and reflects about his life during it. Between his tax problems and his legal battle with his wife for the custody of his daughter, these are hard times for the action movie star who finds that even Steven Seagal has pinched a role from him! In JCVD, Jean-Claude Van Damme returns to the country of his birth to seek the peace and tranquility he can no longer enjoy in the United States.

A very interesting and entertaining movie with Jean-Claude Van Damme.

So it's a movie about Jean-Claude Van Damme being caught up in a bank robbery in Belgium (birth country of Jean-Claude Van Damme). The whole robbery is so weird and you could say that the robbery looks like they're actually attempting to film a new movie. Like a movie in a movie.

Overall really great.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
I watched 96 Tamil movie in dubbed version recently, The movie is awesome love story. The protagonist K Ramachandran is acted by Vijay Sethupathi meets Janaki, his childhood love. They remembers the days of their lovely childhood. The fate of both characters change their life. Unrevealed love plays a greater role to make them separated for long years but after they meet in a get together and they spend a day of love before leaving again. The story goes through emotions of hope and hopelessness in different scenes. It got several awards too.
My rating 9/10, the movie was recommended by one of my friend.

Thank you  Sweet

Glory / 1989 / United States / 7.8 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:Robert Gould Shaw leads the U.S. Civil War's first all-black volunteer company, fighting prejudices from both his own Union Army, and the Confederates. Shaw was an officer in the Federal Army during the American Civil War who volunteered to lead the first company of black soldiers. Shaw was forced to deal with the prejudices of both the enemy (who had orders to kill commanding officers of blacks), and of his own fellow officers.

A movie about the American civil war. Focusing mainly on the 54th Massachusetts Infantry Regiment. An African-American company fighting for the Union Army.

Great cast and reenactment.

Kikujirô no natsu / 1999 / Japan / 7.8 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:A young, naive boy sets out alone on the road to find his wayward mother. Soon he finds an unlikely protector in a crotchety man and the two have a series of unexpected adventures along the way. Brash, loudmouthed and opportunistic, Kikujiro hardly seems the ideal companion for little Masao who is determined to travel long distances to see the mother he has never met. Their excursion to the cycle races is the first of a series of adventures for the unlikely pair which soon turns out to be a whimsical journey of laughter and tears with a wide array of surprises and odd ball characters to meet along the way.

A really great movie by and with Beat Takeshi (Takeshi Kitano). I can highly recommend it. It's really sad but also funny. In one or another way little Masao is a reflection of the older Kikujiro. Both share the same sad childhood and don't know their own mother.

This is one of the Kitano movies that isn't about the Yakuza, violence and other similar things. So it's a refreshing experience to see.
Just watched from netflix a film called "Ava"... which plot s the life of an assassin woman and how she start to questions why kill the targets.
I will be clear, it is a very BOOORING FILM, I don't know how did I pick such low-grade movie. I will not recommend this movie at all, if you want to know that happens... don't waste 2h of your life and simply read the following summary from wikipedia:
Ava Faulkner (Jessica Chastain) is a recovering addict and former soldier turned assassin. In France, she kidnaps her new target, an English businessman. Before she kills him, she questions him on why someone wants him dead. Unbeknownst to her, another woman electronically eavesdrops on the conversation. Afterwards, Ava flies to Boston where she visits with her estranged sister Judy and her mother who is hospitalized for angina pain. Ava has not seen them in eight years.

Ava's handler and former Army superior, Duke, sends her to Saudi Arabia to kill a German general. Ava lures the general into a trap and injects him with a poison to make it appear he died of a heart attack. She is interrupted by the general's security guards. A gunfight ensues, leaving all the men dead.

Ava escapes and travels to Barneville-Carteret where Duke apologizes for the botched operation, insisting that the bad intel was a simple mistake. He gives her time off to decompress and she returns to Boston and meets Michael, her former fiance who is now in a relationship with her sister Judy.

In British Columbia, Duke meets with his superior, Simon. Simon's daughter Camille is the woman who had earlier eavesdropped on Ava's hit. Simon believes Ava is a liability and that her questioning of targets demonstrates insufficient commitment to their operation. After Duke leaves, Simon reaffirms the hit on Ava. She kills her attacker and then confronts Duke who insists that it was a random drug addict attack. That night, Ava goes to dinner with Judy and Michael but their conversation does not go well. The next morning, Judy meets Ava and tells her Michael is missing. Realizing he has started gambling again, Ava rescues him from a gambling den run by a woman, Toni, to whom Michael is indebted.

Duke revisits Simon and reveals he knew Ava was set up. A fight ensues between the two men, resulting in Simon killing Duke. He sends a video of Duke's death to Ava. A heartbroken Ava goes to Judy's house, where she invites Michael to run away with her but he declines, revealing that Judy is pregnant. Ava heads to Toni's den where she kills some of her men before giving Toni a bag of money to pay off Michael's debt. Ava strangles Toni, then changes her mind, letting Toni live while warning her to stay away from Michael.

Back at her hotel, Ava is attacked by Simon. They fight, with both sustaining serious injuries. Exhausted, Simon flees when the fire alarm goes off, warning Ava that he will kill her if he sees her again. Ava pursues Simon, cornering and killing him under the Zakim Bridge. Ava goes to her sister's house, warning Judy to leave the country and giving her the number to a Swiss bank account filled with Ava's earnings. Before she leaves, Michael gives her a letter from Duke, who says that he is happy with how his life turned out. As she walks down the street, Ava is stalked by Simon's daughter, Camille.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
Watch this movie called Knight and Day (2010) starring Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz. Well, I like Tom Cruise and I think I have watched most of his movies. But not this one. Plus it's an action-comedy. I'm used to his Action Thriller-type movies but this is new to me. It's a good movie, the script is solid and both of them knew what they were doing which makes it really good. I don't think it's in Mission Impossible level but still it's a watchable movie. I don't think its was a huge hit at that time but yet it had done well financially. I would give it 7/10.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Magnolia / 1999 / United States / 8 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:An epic mosaic of interrelated characters in search of love, forgiveness, and meaning in the San Fernando Valley. 24 hours in L.A.; it's raining cats and dogs. Two parallel and intercut stories dramatize men about to die: both are estranged from a grown child, both want to make contact, and neither child wants anything to do with dad. Earl Partridge's son is a charismatic misogynist; Jimmy Gator's daughter is a cokehead and waif. A mild and caring nurse intercedes for Earl, reaching the son; a prayerful and upright beat cop meets the daughter, is attracted to her, and leads her toward a new calm. Meanwhile, guilt consumes Earl's young wife, while two whiz kids, one grown and a loser and the other young and pressured, face their situations. The weather, too, is quirky.

A bit of a crazy and weird movie. A chaotic trip through the lifes of many different people during their search for a meaning in life and someone to love, too. And it literally rains frogs in the end! Insane.

The Hurricane / 1999 / United States / 7.6 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:The story of Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, a boxer wrongly imprisoned for murder, and the people who aided in his fight to prove his innocence. This film tells the story of Rubin "Hurricane" Carter, an African-American man who rose above his troubled youth to become a top contender for the middle-weight boxing title. However, his dreams are shattered when he is accused of a triple murder, and is convicted to three natural-life terms. Despite becoming a cause celebre and his dogged efforts to prove his innocence through his autobiography, the years of fruitless efforts have left him discouraged. This changes when an African-American boy and his Canadian mentors read his book and are convinced of his innocence enough to work for his exoneration. However, what Hurricane and his friends learn is that this fight puts them against a racist establishment that profited from this travesty and have no intention of seeing it reversed.

A very interesting film about a real character from that times (where racism in the U.S. was the most normal thing).

Worth a watch. Danzel Washington is playing the main role very well.
The most recent movie i have watched was almost 1-2 weeks ago due to my busy schedule but it was a good experience and i didnt feel that i just wasted my time nor it was too good but an average movie.

The Movie belongs to bollywood and its name was Mumbai Saga and starred by John Abraham and Kajal Agarwal and released in the year of 2021.

The movie story was about the local goons of mumbai and a man who were suffering but didnt want raise voice but then they attacked their brother and he also became a mafia don.

Well, I would say the movie was good and the story was interesting but i didnt like the climax of movie it could be better than what it was.

So i will give it 7/10
I watched this new movie called Army of the Dead (2021) which has ex WWE guy Dave Bautista as the main character plus several minor Hollywood casts. It's a Zombie movie, which is not my thing. But I watched it anyway. This reminded me of a Korean movie called Train to Busan 2. Both Stories are quite similar but I like the Korean one more. Budget wise I don't think it's doing well so far. Its budget was about 70 million USD and So far has made about 1 million. Not so promising. I would give the movie 6/10.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

@xdude

I have watched Army of the Dead yesterday and I didn't like it at all. Do you know Dawn of the Dead from 1978 and the Remake from 2004? This new movie feels like a remake of a remake and it sucks. The 2004 Remake is a great movie though. Army of the Dead started with a good score above 7.5 and today I checked it and it's already 6/10. Most likely going to go down even further.

Train to Busan 2 was a total bust. The first one was much better.

Peppermint Candy / 1999 / South Korea / 7.7 out of 10 Rating on IMDb

IMDb Wrote:Consists of five phases of a man's life about why he committed suicide in the end. Yong Ho, a problematic guy, is walking alone at the riverside. He suddenly bumped with his friend's reunion. He join them and after that go to the railway to commit suicide.Then, the train reverse back to show why he become like that from the beginning. Covers five phase of his life.

Kinda interesting movie. I didn't enjoy it that much though because I could only watch it in original South Korean audio and German subtitles. Not a big fan of reading subtitles generally.
Pages (81): Jump to page 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-29-2020, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Decent12

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting