arrow_upward

Pages (81): Jump to page 
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
I have recently watched "Luca", an 2021 animation film via streaming services, unfortunately this movie didn't get to cinema.
Wellm what I should say? It is an animation film that uses as location my country. My vote is 9/10 Smile
Plot:
Quote:Luca Paguro, a timid young sea monster living off the coast of the Italian city Portorosso, herds goatfish and is forbidden by his parents to approach the surface, as humans might hunt him. One day, Luca meets Alberto Scorfano, a fellow sea monster child who lives alone above the surface, claiming that his father simply isn't around much. Alberto encourages Luca to adventure out of the ocean, showing him that sea monsters look exactly human when dry, but return to their true forms when wet. Luca follows Alberto to his hideout, where the boys connect while making and riding a makeshift, fragile Vespa. Upon discovering their son's actions, Luca's parents plan to send Luca to live in the deep sea with his Uncle Ugo. In retaliation, Luca and Alberto run away to Portorosso to find a Vespa and travel the world.

The boys run afoul of Ercole Visconti, a local bully and repeat champion of the Portorosso Cup Race, but Giulia Marcovaldo, a young girl, helps them escape. In hopes of winning the money needed for a Vespa, the boys and Giulia form a team for the triathlon, which involves swimming, pasta-eating, and biking. Unable to swim without revealing themselves, Luca and Alberto respectively take on the biking and pasta-eating races, while Giulia takes the swimming race. Ercole vows to beat the group. While the boys befriend Giulia's sea-monster hunter father Massimo, Luca's parents head to the surface to find their son. Giula teaches Luca about school, and the two bond over a love of learning, especially about astronomy. Alberto begins to grow jealous of Luca and Giulia's growing friendship. When Luca starts ignoring Alberto's advice, and tries changing their plans to going to school instead of traveling, he and Alberto fight. In anger, Alberto deliberately reveals his true form to Giulia. Luca feigns surprise at the transformation, and a heartbroken Alberto is driven off by Ercole. Giulia later correctly deducts Luca's true identity, and sends him away for his own safety.

Luca attempts to reconcile with Alberto, and discovers that Alberto's father abandoned him long ago, making Alberto think he was a bad kid who should not have friends. Luca sets out to win the Vespa on his own, to make things right. After several mishaps, Luca takes the lead in the bicycle race, but is forced to take shelter when it starts to rain. Alberto arrives with an umbrella, but Ercole knocks it away and both boys are revealed as sea monsters. They flee Ercole, who now intends to kill them; Giulia helps by smashing her bike into Ercole's, but she is injured. Luca and Alberto turn back to help her, and are defended from monster hunters by Massimo, who reveals that the boys are his friends. He also points out they have crossed the finish line and won the race. The townsfolk happily welcome the sea monsters, and some of them reveal themselves to be sea monsters as well, including Luca's parents and grandmother. Ercole get humiliated by his henchmen, who were fed up with his abuse. Luca and Alberto purchase a Vespa, but the latter sells it to buy a train ticket for Luca, allowing him to go to school in Genoa with Giulia. Luca's family, Massimo, and Alberto see Luca and Giulia off at the train station, where they all promise to stay in touch.

During the credits, Luca meets Giulia's mother and attends school, while showing off his sea monster appearance. Massimo becomes Alberto's father figure, and Alberto and Luca's family enjoy interacting with the humans in Portorosso. In a post-credits scene, Ugo talks to a stray goatfish about how great his life is in the depths of the ocean.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
As the lockdown continues today I watched Nyaya Vidhi an old movie starring Mammooty, Lalu Alex and Shobhana. This movie is an old classic which is a kind of crime based story. Most characters are doing some kind of evils to get rich and losing things at the end. The justice which is depicted shows the result of their evil deeds. While the movie is watchable in leisure time, it is rather focusing on pleasure and money.
I will rate the movie 8/10.

Thank you  Sweet

I got a free one month Disney+ Hotstar from my ISP. They give it so we can stay at home and reduce COVID-19 numbers.
Annnddd from it, I've watched 4 films in ~1 days. I might watch another film today HAHA!

I rewatched some of the films that I really like:
1. The Martian
The story is about an astronaut that got stuck in Mars. Their team left him behind because they thought that he is dead. He spent like 1.5 years in Mars, living alone, while keeping in communication with NASA. I really like the story and definitely would watch it again in the future.

2. Monsters, Inc. and Monsters University
I think you guys have watched this before. It's about two monsters that is a bestfriend. They're working together to fulfill their dream to be the greatest monster (here is in Monsters University). At the end they surprised university principal but also get kicked from the school. They managed to get back after working from a janitor up to the real scarier monster.

3. Up
This is one of my childhood film. I really liked the plot as I like other films. It brings fun and sad at the same time especially when Ellie gone.

I think I'm going to rewatch Cars, Cars 2, and Cars 3. Also Toy Story too! A lot to watch Big Grin
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
Pages (81): Jump to page 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-29-2020, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Decent12

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting