arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Witcher on Netflix
Hi!

So recently Netflix released its new season called "The Witcher", based on the polish book series of the witcher(which is also what the famous Witcher games are based on), If you're a Witcher fan or read the books, I personally think you'd totally love the season, I still haven't completed it but just the first episode was enough to buy me, the fight scenes, storytelling, characters are all done perfectly, and though there's still room for improvement, It still turned out much better than what people anticipated.

Imo, Henry Cavill who played as Geralt, totally nailed his personality, voice acting, and will only improve in the later seasons.

Due to this season, The Witcher has also seen a sudden rise in player count, recently having as many as RDR's in the steam charts, which is highly impressive for a game that was released in 2015(yes, Its that old!)

Let me know your reactions to the show if you've watched it, or plan to watch it!
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
Well first of all i need to play Witcher 3 game on my pc , i recently bought it on steam sale and i havnt downloaded it xD , then only I would wanna see the movie.
Thanks to Host4Fun and Post4VPS for my VPS 1.
Witcher first season is ok. not great. cause somehow it feels slightly forced/ not natural. dialogues and flow of events somehow a bit uneasy. i think i am comparing the experience with that of watching the first couple seasons of GoT.

you can start with comparing the beginning of both the series. GoT sound and development war really dramatic and left the right impressions. but Witcher starting felt rather fake in comparison.

i have read all the available Witcher comics books. very good. i hope they succeed in recreating that experience.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(12-24-2019, 10:03 AM)rudra Wrote: Witcher first season is ok. not great. cause somehow it feels slightly forced/ not natural. dialogues and flow of events somehow a bit uneasy. i think i am comparing the experience with that of watching the first couple seasons of GoT.

you can start with comparing the beginning of both the series. GoT sound and development war really dramatic and left the right impressions. but Witcher starting felt rather fake in comparison.

i have read all the available Witcher comics books. very good. i hope they succeed in recreating that experience.

I agree that in its current form, the show's far from perfect, they made some errors specially in the casting, Triss was a huge disappointment for me(though I haven't read the books, only played the games so not sure if the book triss was like the one in the show, but my expectation was of a redhead), I do hope that the show will improve in its later seasons though, Season 2 is to begin filming in the coming Febraury which means we got a year till the 2nd iteration is out
when i first heard i think it is a series based on the game . But it actually based on the game base thats the book

The witcher itself is game that have a strong fanbase and age well and that probably the reason for steam popilarity in 2019

i probably will check it when i restart my netflix subscription . I cancelled it before
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
There is a game, There is a short stories series, There is a novel series and also a Polish TV series. When I had first heard about The Witcher TV series I downloaded few episodes from the Polish TV series without knowing. It's then I found out the US show gonna be released December 20th. Yesterday I found 8 episodes of it alreadt avaliable to download. I have seen sevral trilars and videos about the game and all those look very good. I have yet to start watching episodes so I really hope it's good just like that.
Looks like critics from Rotton Tomato are not impressed since they have rated it as 58%. IMDb users however given 8.8/10 so far. Google Reveiws are also 4.8/5. Basically Witcher fans who used to the story seem love it.

But again, Here, I was mostly talking about the TV series than the game. The Witcher game I only played once at a friends house just because I had nothing else to do. Even that was kind of pre released Demo version.This was years ago I think maybe just after the game released. Graphics are amazing and seriously good. Oh I have to metion, I'm talking about The Witcher 3. What I like most about the game is story telling parts. Super Good. You can find videos of these in Google and if you like this sort of stuff then will enjoy a lot.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

I didn't knew anything about the Witcher before Henry Cavill cast on it, And i still haven't seen any single episode i just played first episode for 5 sec and keep it on my "My List" because 'Lost in Space' Season 2 arrive Yesterday. So far i have watched 6 episodes out of 10 of Lost in Space season 2.

I heard mixed reviews about Witcher, and watched reviewed video about that show. It's really suspenseful series and obviously lot of violence sense because show is R-rated (18+ Only)

I wanna know the show really worth it? specially for people like me who never played Witcher game or read it's stories.
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

(12-25-2019, 05:53 AM)arsalahmed786 Wrote: I didn't knew anything about the Witcher before Henry Cavill cast on it, And i still haven't seen any single episode i just played first episode for 5 sec and keep it on my "My List" because 'Lost in Space' Season 2 arrive Yesterday. So far i have watched 6 episodes out of 10 of Lost in Space season 2.

I heard mixed reviews about Witcher, and watched reviewed video about that show. It's really suspenseful series and obviously lot of violence sense because show is R-rated (18+ Only)

I wanna know the show really worth it? specially for people like me who never played Witcher game or read it's stories.

I am not gonna lie, if you haven't played the games or read the books, the whole "lore" as it is will be quite confusing for you in the start, especially because the show isn't consistent with the timeline, they're portraying two different timelines at the same time, one that happened decades before, and also the concept of "age" might not make sense witchers(which are basically mutated humans) can live far more than a normal human being(e.g. Geralt in the show is around 80 years old). Though, I think everything will make sense in the end if u do finish the show, the story chosen by the show happens decades before the story in the games so even if you haven't played the games It doesn't really matter too much. I personally have only played Witcher 2, and though I did knew basics such as the main character names and a bit of their backstory, I still had to google some weird things which I didnt knew of such as the "Law of Surprise" which you probably will find confusing too when you first get to know about it in the show (Episode 4)
(12-25-2019, 03:50 PM)Honey Wrote: I am not gonna lie, if you haven't played the games or read the books, the whole "lore" as it is will be quite confusing for you in the start, especially because the show isn't consistent with the timeline, they're portraying two different timelines at the same time, one that happened decades before, and also the concept of "age" might not make sense witchers(which are basically mutated humans) can live far more than a normal human being(e.g. Geralt in the show is around 80 years old). Though, I think everything will make sense in the end if u do finish the show, the story chosen by the show happens decades before the story in the games so even if you haven't played the games It doesn't really matter too much. I personally have only played Witcher 2, and though I did knew basics such as the main character names and a bit of their backstory, I still had to google some weird things which I didnt knew of such as the "Law of Surprise" which you probably will find confusing too when you first get to know about it in the show (Episode 4)
This series sounds like my type of series, I love Sci-Fi, Fictional and Fantasy movies.
Timeline doesn't matter, I heard about 2 timelines my cousin told me about it and he says episode 7 is really important where both timeline connected.

I have watched Stranger Things all 3 seasons twice, 3 Season of 'Money Heist' & all 2 Seasons of 'Lost in Space'
Now i think i should start 'The Witcher' what you say? it really worth it? Critics always give bad review for Henry Cavill movies/shows but audience review is phenomenal.
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

(12-27-2019, 11:44 AM)arsalahmed786 Wrote: This series sounds like my type of series, I love Sci-Fi, Fictional and Fantasy movies.
Timeline doesn't matter, I heard about 2 timelines my cousin told me about it and he says episode 7 is really important where both timeline connected.

I have watched Stranger Things all 3 seasons twice, 3 Season of 'Money Heist' & all 2 Seasons of 'Lost in Space'
Now i think i should start 'The Witcher' what you say? it really worth it? Critics always give bad review for Henry Cavill movies/shows but audience review is phenomenal.

Don't go for the critic review, half of them probably didn't even knew what the show was, Henry is passionate about this, He has finished the game twice, and also finished the books, so he knows his stuff when portraying Geralt. People were highly skeptical when Netflix announced Henry as Geralt, but now we all know how good he nailed it. If you have never watched a medieval show then I can't really say much at this point if you have liked that kind of shows before(Such as game of thrones), then I think you'll love it.
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting