arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The mysterious explosion in lebanon
@ikk157  I got something different from the New York Times and BBC.  There was no fireworks.  The fire came from Warehouse 12 where the many tonnes of ammonium nitrate were stored.  The material started to combust and created fires.  And then when the fire in the warehouse got our of control, the explosion happened.  There was an article about Firemen heroes who sacrificed their lives to try and stop the blaze by going into Warehouse 12 to try and stop the fires.  Like imagine how large that silo must have been for tonnes of nitrate to have been stored in there.  

But yes, I also understood you can't light ammonium nitrate with a match.  The large explosion could only have been triggered with a large fire source.  But my understanding is it came from the ammonium nitrate that combusted in parts and caused small fires and then larger out of control ones that were responsible for the big explosion.

So yesterday (probably like @"Hidden Refuge" got frustrated with misinterpretation of info) there was a journalist woman who actually was staying in Beirut at the time of the explosion referring to it as a BOMB!  So I then understood and also forgave her, as I imagine with the background of civil war, and attacks from neighbouring countries, and islamic extremist dangers, any one hearing an explosion in Beirut would have thought it was a bomb going off.  Only people in a safe distance and unused to regular bombing, would understand it was a chemical explosion that was one of the worst yet, particularly since it was so close to a densely populated area in the harbour.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: The mysterious explosion in lebanon - by deanhills - 08-09-2020, 12:42 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting