arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to install windows 7 on system already running windows 8
Thumbs Down 
Hello friends, In my village i am the only one who is expert in OS installation.Last night a friend came to me and asked for windows installation.I went to his home and tried installing windows 7 on his system which was running windows 8 already.But whenever window 7 boot load files system hang.I tried waiting for more than 5 minutes but nothing happen.
Whenever i boot from USB and Windows start loading files at the end system hang.
System is HP
Already Running Windows 8 but he wants to replace it with Windows 7.
https://i.imgur.com/FD1NMYK.png

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
I'm very far from being an expert. But was wondering whether HP needs some extra steps to be performed first before you can boot the computer with a new Windows? I found some suggestions in the article below:
https://neosmart.net/wiki/boot-usb-drive...s_BIOSUEFI
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Perhaps the Windows 7 installer found a newer version OS and refused to continue.

I never did it before. But I guess you might backup your data first, then re-format your current Windows 8 partition, so that the Windows 7 installer will not be able to find any existing OS.

Double check the installation media USB you have created. Maybe it has become corrupted and therefore it cannot boot properly. Test if the Windows 7 installer boots fine on another computer.

It is also possible that the installer hangs up due to problematic or even unsupported hardware.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(05-25-2019, 08:31 AM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: Double check the installation media USB you have created. Maybe it has become corrupted and therefore it cannot boot properly. Test if the Windows 7 installer boots fine on another computer.

It is also possible that the installer hangs up due to problematic or even unsupported hardware.

I was waiting for your reply.I have tried it on my own system it is working well.
I think the problem is due to the already re-installed windows 8 or the boot system in BIOS.But what if i fail after formating the existing  windows.It will decrease my reputation. :Big Grin  btw i shall try finding the option in BIOS.

I am still waiting for replies if you find a better solution.

@Rehan

Well, before wiping the existing Windows 8 installation I would suggest to take a 1:1 copy of the disk with something like Clonezilla (free and open source) or Acronis True Image (paid and closed source). In that way you can restore his previous Windows 8 installation if wiping it didn't solve the issue with Windows 7 installer freezing up.

If the mainboard has secure boot and EFI/UEFI make sure you a) disable secure boot and b) set the EFI/UEFI to legacy mode. Windows 7 is from times before EFI/UEFI and secure boot.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
I also think this is a UEFI problem since it's an HP it probably has UEFI enabled so no any other operating system can touch its default Windows 8 installation. I suggest going to BIOS and turning it off and put the mode to legacy mode to have it fixed and then reformat you USB using RUFUS using BIOS_CSM mode not UEFI and this time it will work.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
I was installing Windows 7 today and i got some problems.
I just removed all the windows files from my USB and i added it again and worked fine
(05-25-2019, 11:15 AM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: @Rehan

Well, before wiping the existing Windows 8 installation I would suggest to take a 1:1 copy of the disk with something like Clonezilla (free and open source) or Acronis True Image (paid and closed source). In that way you can restore his previous Windows 8 installation if wiping it didn't solve the issue with Windows 7 installer freezing up.

If the mainboard has secure boot and EFI/UEFI make sure you a) disable secure boot and b) set the EFI/UEFI to legacy mode. Windows 7 is from times before EFI/UEFI and secure boot.

Oh my lord.I am tired of this  Confused  Eh  Crazy
I have tried all of these methods but still hanging on same place.

1-Re-creating Bootable USB Drive twice
2-Formatting The Already Installed Windows, I formatted the Drive C and also i purged the System Reserved Drive.
3-I enabled the lagacy boot and disabled with changing the RAID and IDE

RAID nd Legacy Enabled | RAID and Legacy Disabled
IDE nd Legacy Enabled | IDE and Legacy Disabled

But still hanging on same place.

Now i am tired too much.Now i don't have much energy to waste on it.I want to cry hard.But still i have 1 method left.But for today its enough. i can not waste more time on it.
Tomorrow i shall make a bootable usb of Windows XP and format the drive C and Delete the System Reserved Partition.( old method of my father to solve most of these type of problem )
But what if i failed again after deleting the exiting partition and system reserved partition?Windows XP will change it to 100MB while it is 350 MB now.

@Rehan witch hardware you use to install OS? is it a USB Auto boot or CD. because there is no policy of Microsoft to restrict your OS downgrade. it's also happened when PC gone over heat or RAM not work properly. the best way is to use a USB 3.0 support auto boot method to install microsoft windows. and also use DOS method to clean C partition
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting