arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VLC is getting a re-skin!
(02-24-2021, 02:23 PM)Honey Wrote: Its nice to hear that VLC is still being updated, but cant say if I am a fan of that UI.

From my experience, better looking UI isn't always better, especially when compared to older but far more tested variant. E.g. Nvidia control panel looks like something made in early 2000s, however It works as intended so Nvidia hasn't bothered fixing something which ain't broken.

Similarly I don't quite see why this reskin was necessary, the older UI was surely a bit old but I think most people were fine with it. Anyway....I hope this reskin doesn't become a mistake xD
Agreed.Aside from reskinning action,this new skin looks similar to other video players however the old skin allows you to control many things without too much effort(menu bar).The new one,though more stylish,seems missing something.I think they will allow user to switch to the classic one.

And,sometimes an update of UI consumes more resource - not friendly for older hardware.
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
Bitter truth that VLC not focus to upgrade there UI. also freezing issue in low specs machines for UHD and 1080p FHD videos. but if you really like a good UI and vast range of plugIns and online video player. then go for PowerDVD16 or above. with 3D support features if you have 3D graphics Card. even if you have 3D X-ray glasses. option to play video directly from YouTube ,vimeo etc..
I personally use VLC for only IPTV or any online streaming videos. and in this feature no one still compete VLC.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
@mzltest @sagher VLC 4.0 is still under development, the refreshed UI has been already shipped partially. So you can test it now if it too resource heavy for your systems!

It is still unknown if the new UI is going to get more resource intensive because it doesn't make use of any heavy FX such as opacity or animations. According to me it is still the same as before.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
(03-25-2021, 02:16 PM)LightDestory Wrote: @mzltest @sagher VLC 4.0 is still under development, the refreshed UI has been already shipped partially. So you can test it now if it too resource heavy for your systems!

It is still unknown if the new UI is going to get more resource intensive because it doesn't make use of any heavy FX such as opacity or animations. According to me it is still the same as before.

Ok thanks.Actually my last sentence is not refering the software but it is my thought for software evolution.

Anyway personally I prefer the old UI,which includes the menu bar and the controls.
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
Have just tried the VLC with new skin. Well I have to say I definitely like the old skin much better.

It is not just a pure appearance issue though.

Because I always believe software that allows easier control is much more important. Smile

Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting