arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today my VPS had ddos attack. Its not first time when I have problem with ddos. Can I make any protect for this type of attacks?
Not sure that if the sponsor will give any protection. You can buy ddos protections https://buyvm.net/ddos-protection/

or check it https://freevps.us/thread-11053.html
If it was small attack, then you can try to stop it through some DDoS script, or by enabling iptables.
I installed apf script and now I am waiting for next attack and then I will turn it on to see what will happen.
(01-01-2017, 09:19 AM)kubanek_kuba Wrote: I installed apf script and now I am waiting for next attack and then I will turn it on to see what will happen.

Is it unethical to attack your own server to test this?
I understand it would be ok on your own network but I imagine a sponsored VPS host would be unimpressed.

Of course, there's probably something in the T&Cs about this
VPS 1 from Host4Fun is located at OVH's datacenter, which provides advanced DDOS protection.

Maybe @RIYAD from Host4fun could tell more about this issue.
Since I do not know the IP of the OP . I can not tell if he had received DDoS or not .

Even if there was DDoS Attack normally OVH mitigates it (to a certain level~). So there is nothing much we could do .
you can use cloudflare for domains but for vps only with firewall closing doors

this can be a fast solution

close ping request in centos:
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_all

to activate:
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_all

this is a fast solution not a better

try learn about iptables and firewall( how use csf)
(01-03-2017, 11:32 PM)julinhobrow Wrote: you can use cloudflare for domains but for vps only with firewall closing doors

this can be a fast solution

close ping request in centos:
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_all

to activate:
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_all

this is a fast solution not a better

try learn about iptables and firewall( how use csf)

Disabling ping answers not helping at all. When I was new at VPS world about 2 years ago then I used this method and it didn't have any affect.
if you dont have a ddos attack protection from provider i suggest you to buy it because you cant stop big attacks with these tricks
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting