arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPS 4 Review - -
Introduction
VPS 4 is said to be one of the best VPS in Post4VPS's VPSs for its High Disk space and net speed + RAM. I have taken this VPS for a month to check what it really can and i must say that VPS 4 have not disappointed me at all.This is my first VPS Review of Post4VPS and i will try my best to explain about VPS 4 as I can.

Specification
Disk Space: 100 GB
RAM: 1 GB RAM & 1 GB vswap
IP Addresses: 1x IPv4 & 10 IPv6
Virtualization: OpenVZ
Monthly Traffic: 4 TB
Connection: 1 Gbit/s
Control Panel: SolusVM
Provided by: -
Terms:
-
Requirements:
Backlinks to - and Post4VPS are required.

These spec are really great, too good amount of Disk space (100 GCool,RAM (1GB Ram & 1 GB vswap) and when it comes with 1 GBit/s net speed and that also we can use up-to 4 TB then the VPS becomes awesome.Apart from that it also have 10 IPv6 (I really don't need but other users may wanted).
But all thing have atleast one drawn-bag and for me its the location, the location of the VPS is not so good for me as its too far from my country.

BenchMarks

I/O Speed
[Image: 4c86d00641.png]
geekbench:-

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/view/2572454
the VPS have 1GB RAM & 1 Gb vswap, and 1Gbps which would be definitely faster
and 3.10GHz CPU and wow look into it 1.5GB/s  [Image: dazed.png]

NetWorking
[Image: 4722840154.png]
[Image: b121b95d9b.png]
As u guys can see the speedtest results, i became fan of this Net speed
I host 3 Halo server in it and the ping comes to me in game is 250-300 (as its far from me) but then also i experiences non-laggy Server (just like i am playing in LAN)
after testing the  letency of my game server,i have tried to test what it actually provides while downloading a file then i have downloaded a file of 100mb and shocked by seeing this
Spoiler Expand
[Image: 978f2f710e.png]
3.8 seconds ! 0-0 and boom 100MB's File downloaded

Performance

Diskspace:-
[Image: 95759c9071.png]
The Disk space is way larger It will be best for project which needs high diskspace.

Read/Write Speeds:-

[Image: 1402ac8de1.png]

[Image: 67387f6b6c.png]

Control Panel
Some screen shots
Spoiler Expand
[Image: 5b5d6534b1.JPG]
[Image: d416104d12.JPG]
This VPS have SolusVM Control Panel which is faster and easy for checking usages like RAM,bandwidth and all,but I am disappointed with its password reset system (we can only change password containing number,alphabets)

VPS Usage
I use this VPS for hosting halo servers and testing some web projects as it have high speed and non laggy net speed.
Reliability
Till now i have never seen any Downtime till now in IgniteServer, and the VPS also had 100% uptime.
I would rate Reliability 10/10

What I would improve with this VPS
If IgniteServers can provide location like in Germany,France then it would be great as Canada is much far from me.

Final Verdict
I Strongly liked Ram,Disk space and VPS netspeed,and reliability. over all This VPS is not more than a monster in pocket.I definitely suggest users to buy VPS from IgniteServers as because you are getting what you are paying for.

Overall VPS Rating 9.8/10

Thanks for reading my review.
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

Great article, great provider. It become bigger and bigger.
After Montreal and Los Angeles, they will offer servers in London very soon.
Error in post title
Quote:VPS 10 Review
This looks like a better plan of VPS 1.Igniteservers seems solid for usage.

Thank you  Sweet

What is meant by vSwap?
Does it mean 1+1=2 GB RAM
Or the 1 GB can be expanded to 2 GB when needed?
(10-23-2015, 01:34 PM)worldofapps Wrote: What is meant by vSwap?
Does it mean 1+1=2 GB RAM
Or the 1 GB can be expanded to 2 GB when needed?
It is not 1+1=2 GB RAM.
But the VSwap is shared by other virtual servers on host server.Vswap is slow considering RAM and Vswap allocated when the virtual server is out of memory and host server have free RAM.VSwap is not provided when host server use all of its RAM(rare case as host need to have maximum possible VMs it can hold and every VMs on the host need to go out of RAM ).
Some applications require VSwap to run.
You can read more on https://openvz.org/VSwap

Thank you  Sweet

Thanks for your nice explanation...
Does that mean KVM has no vSwap?
(10-23-2015, 04:27 PM)worldofapps Wrote: Thanks for your nice explanation...

KVM, OpenVZ, Xen, VMWare, dedicated servers have swap too, even your notebook and desktop pc have swap. Both on Linux and Windows. But on Windows its not a separate partition, its just a file called PageFile. You can enable or disable it on all kind of operating system. Its basically acts like as your RAM, but it uses our HDD or SSD, so its much slower.
(10-23-2015, 04:40 PM)Dudi Wrote:

KVM, OpenVZ, Xen, VMWare, dedicated servers have swap too, even your notebook and desktop pc have swap. Both on Linux and Windows. But on Windows its not a separate partition, its just a file called PageFile. You can enable or disable it on all kind of operating system. Its basically acts like as your RAM, but it uses our HDD or SSD, so its much slower.

Oh...so it is a slow RAM 'like' thing...
(10-24-2015, 03:09 AM)worldofapps Wrote:
(10-23-2015, 04:40 PM)Dudi Wrote:

Oh...so it is a slow RAM 'like' thing...

It's not like RAM. It temporarily stores the info from the RAM into your HDD to free up RAM. (Things that go to SWAP are stuff that isn't accessed)

KVM, Xen, dedicated servers, or any hardware based virtualization can have SWAP. They can also disable SWAP if they don't want it.
http://FreeVPS.club - Free VPSs!
sponsor links removed
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-18-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: fChk
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Host4Fun  VPS 1 Review
05-11-2021, 10:34 PM
Last Post: fChk
04-30-2021, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting