arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPS 9 Downtime Maintenance Notification from Virmach
To VPS 9 Owners. Please note that post4vps has received a downtime maintenance notification that may, or may not affect your VPS. Downtime is expected to last 6 hours from 11:00 a.m. EST. Virmach is located in Los Angeles. You can check this URL for the time difference with where you are located:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock//

Virmach Wrote:Maintenance: Power / A+B services on 04/09/2020 starting 11PM EST for your service.

You are receiving this email because you have at least one service that will be affected by an upcoming scheduled maintenance.

The backup battery system for your service needs to be replaced, and the PDU controller service you are attached to is scheduled for maintenance.

This maintenance has been rescheduled for 4/9 starting at 11PM EST and ending at 5AM EST on 4/10 the next day.

We expect less than 6 hours of downtime. Please shutdown if possible, but we will endeavor to shutdown all services cleanly before maintenance.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Great news, VirMach not only upgrades its nodes from OpenVZ to KVM but it is also replacing hardware component to get better security of SLA Smile

I don't have any critical matter inside the VPS so any downtime doesn't affect me so much Smile
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
An amazing news from VirMach yet again. Glad to know about the hardware upgrade.

I've a few important things on the VPS including my Discord bots which must remain online, so I'll change them over to another VPS for a while.

Dunno if Atlanta VPS is affected by this upgrade but I don't wanna take any chance. Smile

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Good maintenance care from VirMach, and thanks @Dynamo for notifying us timely! Though I didn't quite understand what they were upgrading/changing, could someone elaborate?
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(04-04-2020, 10:21 PM)deanhills Wrote: To VPS 9 Owners.  Please note that post4vps has received a downtime maintenance notification that may, or may not affect your VPS. Downtime is expected to last 6 hours from 11:00 a.m. EST.  Virmach is located in Los Angeles.  You can check this URL for the time difference with where you are located:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock//

Glad to see that VirMach is actively maintaining and upgrading their hardware. Definitely makes their data centers more reliable and i most definitely a re-assurance for us VPS 9 holders.

Has VirMach specified which locations are affected?
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
(04-05-2020, 09:37 AM)Honey Wrote: ...... Though I didn't quite understand what they were upgrading/changing, could someone elaborate?

It appears that the only actual change is the backup battery system that needs to be replaced.

It may not be an upgrade though.

But still I would appreciate that Virmach has notified us this downtime maintenance in advance, so we can all well prepared for it.

lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting