arrow_upward

Pages (2):
VPS Comparator Update
Hi there,

I don't know where to post this. So I'm gonna post this here.

I just looked into P4V VPS comparator and find it's not correct. This is confusing for new member like me to look up there and find the information are not correct. I usually select a VPS by looking into their virtualization and others aspect. We know that some VPS has been removed (VPS 2, 13. and 14) or upgraded (like VPS 9 upgraded to KVM but still listed as OpenVZ).

Kindly update the data, please? Smile
Thank you!
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
if they are using database for that it is just as easy as dropping the data and changing the value . using phpmyadmin or any other kind of mysql management software is very easy
but if it uses html or using json it is a little bit harder to change but it is still possible

speaking of update . the official vps plan doesnt update the VPS Stock . this can misinform the new users that want a vps but found out that the vps at the giveaway isnt available
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(03-18-2020, 03:52 AM)tiwil Wrote: Hi there,

I don't know where to post this. So I'm gonna post this here.

I just looked into P4V VPS comparator and find it's not correct. This is confusing for new member like me to look up there and find the information are not correct. I usually select a VPS by looking into their virtualization and others aspect. We know that some VPS has been removed (VPS 2, 13. and 14) or upgraded (like VPS 9 upgraded to KVM but still listed as OpenVZ).

Kindly update the data, please? Smile
Thank you!

@tiwil.  Please note that the comparison table has been created for Giveaways only. Not for general information as a table that needs to be updated in picture perfect mode. So you're supposed to look only at the VPSs linked in the Announcement for any given Giveaway - and the link will be limited to only the VPSs that are available for the Giveaway.  You're not supposed to look at the other VPSs.  We only update VPSs or add new ones in the Comparison Table. We don't remove VPSs. If there is VPS information that is out of date in the list of VPSs that are linked for the Giveaway Announcement, then please let me know.  But please don't expect me to update the list outside the framework of use it's intended for. Also consider that the staff here are doing this as a voluntary service.  

With regard to your criticism about new members.  All of us know you're not a new member.  In my experience new members rarely look at the comparison table until they participate in their first Giveaway.  For information about the VPSs new members are usually guided to the VPS Plans.  And the VPS Holder List.  If you find anything out of date there, let me know.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(03-18-2020, 07:18 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: speaking of update . the official vps plan doesnt update the VPS Stock . this can misinform the new users that want a vps but found out that the vps at the giveaway isnt available
@humanpuff69  Can you be a little more specific here.  Exactly which VPSs stock need to be updated? The number of stock is indicated in brackets next to the VPS number in both the VPS Plans and VPS Holders List.  If there is any VPS Plan whose stock number is out of date, please let me know. But please provide specific information.
Terminal
(03-19-2020, 12:06 AM)deanhills Wrote: @humanpuff69  Can you be a little more specific here.  Exactly which VPSs stock need to be updated? The number of stock is indicated in brackets next to the VPS number in both the VPS Plans and VPS Holders List.  If there is any VPS Plan whose stock number is out of date, please let me know.  But please provide specific information.

Maybe it means like this!

If someone takes a VPS during a giveaway, it should reduce the amount of VPS available to take!
Likewise, when the VPS holder no longer holds the VPS, it will increase the number of VPS availability in the VPS Plan!

But in the VPS Plan when someone picks up a VPS during Giveaway The amount of VPS availability in VPS Plans does not decrease!
Terminal
Solo Developer
(03-19-2020, 12:30 AM)chanalku91 Wrote: Maybe it means like this!

If someone takes a VPS during a giveaway, it should reduce the amount of VPS available to take!
Likewise, when the VPS holder no longer holds the VPS, it will increase the number of VPS availability in the VPS Plan!

But in the VPS Plan when someone picks up a VPS during Giveaway The amount of VPS availability in VPS Plans does not decrease!

The number of stock listed with the VPS Plans are the number of VPSs that are in stock from the sponsor.  Not the number of VPSs that are occupied.  For the purpose of checking the number of VPSs that are occupied you need to go to the VPS Holders List.  You can then subtract the number of VPS Holders that are listed from the stock number if you wish.
https://post4vps.com/Announcement-List-of-VPS-Holders

The above list of VPS Holders are usually up to date.
Terminal
(03-18-2020, 11:32 PM)deanhills Wrote: @tiwil.  Please note that the comparison table has been created for Giveaways only. Not for general information as a table that needs to be updated in picture perfect mode. So you're supposed to look only at the VPSs linked in the Announcement for any given Giveaway - and the link will be limited to only the VPSs that are available for the Giveaway.  You're not supposed to look at the other VPSs.  We only update VPSs or add new ones in the Comparison Table. We don't remove VPSs. If there is VPS information that is out of date in the list of VPSs that are linked for the Giveaway Announcement, then please let me know.  But please don't expect me to update the list outside the framework of use it's intended for. Also consider that the staff here are doing this as a voluntary service.  
That's correct Dean. Every staff in Post4VPS is a volunteer, including @Dynamo itself since he runs this website with his own money (I never know if there is any possibilites for sponsor to pay P4V, but that's very unusual, so I can assume that nobody pay Dynamo in this case).

You also said that this VPS comparator only take effect for giveaways only. We know that at 54th Giveaway there is a VPS 9 available there. As far as I know, VPS 9 already fully moved from OpenVZ to KVM. But the comparator doesn't updated with this change.
(03-18-2020, 11:32 PM)deanhills Wrote: With regard to your criticism about new members.  All of us know you're not a new member. In my experience new members rarely look at the comparison table until they participate in their first Giveaway.  For information about the VPSs new members are usually guided to the VPS Plans.  And the VPS Holder List.  If you find anything out of date there, let me know.

Some of new members may only look at the VPS plans, but the comparator is such a big difference. You can look up on vertical line which one has the biggest RAM, which one allow GS or not, and others. Also looking at VPS Plans pages, it may difficult to compare one VPS with others.

And I also consider myself as a new members. I haven't visited this forum for a while, like 3 or so months. When I visited this forum again, I look into the giveaway page, and found that there is no VPS 13 available. I was, "Wow! Someone already takes VPS 13." Then I look into VPS comparator, it's still there, so I assume that it's still available to take (if someone lose it). But then, I found that HostDoc already out of service. So I'm confused with the info.

Ps. I've reviewed VPS 8 by Cubedata back then, it allow us to choose custom swap (since you install it at your own). I already tag Dynamo there, but until now the comparator still not updated. Is this considered as no swap?
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(03-18-2020, 11:32 PM)deanhills Wrote: @tiwil.  Please note that the comparison table has been created for Giveaways only. Not for general information as a table that needs to be updated in picture perfect mode. So you're supposed to look only at the VPSs linked in the Announcement for any given Giveaway - and the link will be limited to only the VPSs that are available for the Giveaway.  You're not supposed to look at the other VPSs.  We only update VPSs or add new ones in the Comparison Table. We don't remove VPSs. If there is VPS information that is out of date in the list of VPSs that are linked for the Giveaway Announcement, then please let me know.  But please don't expect me to update the list outside the framework of use it's intended for. Also consider that the staff here are doing this as a voluntary service.  

With regard to your criticism about new members.  All of us know you're not a new member.  In my experience new members rarely look at the comparison table until they participate in their first Giveaway.  For information about the VPSs new members are usually guided to the VPS Plans.  And the VPS Holder List.  If you find anything out of date there, let me know.

sorry for not being too specific. VPS 4 and VPS 5 for example is out of stock but in the VPS plan it says that it have 1 and 2 stock respectively

and my reccomendation is to add a notice like "for updated stocks please look at the previous giveaway" and this can make people that see the VPS plan also see the latest giveaway to check the latest stock
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(03-22-2020, 08:15 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: sorry for not being too specific. VPS 4 and VPS 5 for example is out of stock but in the VPS plan it says that it have 1 and 2 stock respectively

and my reccomendation is to add a notice like "for updated stocks please look at the previous giveaway" and this can make people that see the VPS plan also see the latest giveaway to check the latest stock

Possibly you did not read my post. We do not update stocks in the VPS Plans unless the sponsor has decreased or increased the number of VPSs that they sponsor for post4vps. The number of stocks that are referred to in the VPS Plans is the number of VPSs that are sponsored for the VPS Plan.

If you want to check the number of VPSs that are available then PLEASE look at the VPS Holder List instead. More than a year ago there was a request in this Forum for creating a VPS Holder List so you could be up to date with the availability of VPSs. I spent a lot of time to create it for you. I also have been updating the list every month. So please look there for the status of VPS holders. If you check there you will see that the VPS 4 and VPS 5 stocks equal the number of VPS Holders. So obviously there are no VPS 4 and VPS 5 available currently.
Terminal
Maybe an easy solution to all these stuff is adding a link of VPS Holders page to to of the VPS plans plans. So anyone who want to find out more details can just open both pages and compare. Not a perfect solution but makes life bit easy for everyone. We have to understand Admins do all these stuff in their limited free time.

Now I have a suggestion our members too. Some can Create a thread about all VPS plan and keep it updated with every bit of details we know about it. For example recently we learned VPS5 sponsor not allow Windows on free servers. these things can help members to decide which vps they want to request. So someone can maintain a upto date thread with all these details including who holds which vps.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-03-2021, 01:44 AM
Last Post: deanhills
03-24-2021, 08:57 PM
Last Post: deanhills
07-31-2019, 10:45 AM
Last Post: tryp4vps

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting