arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPS Plans 4 & 5: Change in Requirements with immediate effect!
Please note that Shadow Hosting's has changed the requirements for VPS 4 and 5 ownership with immediate effect. The changes also apply to current VPS 4 and 5 holders.

The change in requirements has become necessary when it was discovered that VPS 4 & 5 are providing no voluntary reviews for the sponsor, and on top of it some of the VPSs are inactive (underused).  Since these three VPSs are highly valued at post4vps, Shadow Hosting's concern is also post4vps's concern.

Ordinarily there is no hard and fast rule to provide a review, however since there have been no voluntary reviews submitted by the VPS 4 & 5 holders (except for @tiwil many months ago),  Shadow Hosting's has decided to make the review a requirement of VPS ownership.  VPS 4 and 5 holders now have to provide a review within one month of taking occupation of VPS 4 and VPS 5.  This requirement has been added to the two VPS Plans.

Please note that the above requirement also applies to present VPS 4 & 5 Holders who are required to make a QUALITY review of their VPS before the end of January, failing which they will forfeit use of the VPS.

In addition, for future Giveaways, the same rules as for VPS 9 and 16 will apply to VPS 4 and 5.  In addition to credit points - the member who applies has to provide full justification (detailed plan of intended use) why a VPS of such high specs would be needed.  Once the VPS has been given however, and it has been found that the VPS is not being used as justified, it will be taken back from the VPS Holder and added back to the next month's Giveaway.  

The above rule of proper justification of VPS specs takes effect immediately.  This means that current VPS 4 & 5 holders who do not use their VPSs to its proper capacity, may lose their VPS at end of January.  @Manalays use of VPS 4 seems to be well justified, and his concern is mostly with the VPS Holders of VPS 5.  Please look at this Announcement therefore as notice that if your VPS 5 has the appearance of inactive/underused that it will be taken back at end of January. The assessment will be made at end of January with immediate effect.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I think that requiring compulsory VPS reviews makes sense in this case, because almost no one wrote voluntary reviews in the past.

But may I ask how exactly the sponsor will justify inactive (underused) VPS? I think it is better to make it more clear to members who may be interested in applying for the Shadow Hosting's VPSes.

(01-03-2020, 08:49 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: But may I ask how exactly the sponsor will justify inactive (underused) VPS? I think it is better to make it more clear to members who may be interested in applying for the Shadow Hosting's VPSes.

Assessment will hopefully be done by the sponsor in collaboration with post4vps. I'm sure that an underused VPS would be easy to identify. All you need to do is check some of the discussions and reviews of the VPS users and how they are using their VPSs. The sponsor has also been monitoring use of the VPSs.

As far as I can see @Manal ideally wishes to have VPS holders who are a credit to his mega spec VPSs.  I.e. mega users like Rudra, Hidden Refuge, sohamb03, lightdestory, yourself and other members on the higher high-tech end of using a VPS who have been sharing their experiences through quality discussions in the Forum.  These members contribute great quality in terms of reviews and tutorials and by default their shared experiences and reviews would add credit to the sponsor's VPSs and feature the VPSs much more prominently than they have been featured to date.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Well, I think that these powerful VPSes (4,5,9,16) must be respected and used at the max of their power, they are special so this new "requirements" is justified. It is useless use these VPS just to host a small website.

Just to be clear: you can't "evade" the underused status by putting under stress the VPS because you MUST ALWAYS respect the ToS and AUP of your provider!
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting