arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of the best and highest performance cloud which comes with intel skylake technology along with faster SSD storage. It has got like 15 of the total datacenters, and starts from 2.50$/mo. Do check their site if you guys are interested.
https://www.vultr.com
(10-08-2018, 01:59 AM)Abinash Wrote: One of the best and highest performance cloud which comes with intel skylake technology along with faster SSD storage. It has got like 15 of the total datacenters, and starts from 2.50$/mo. Do check their site if you guys are interested.
https://www.vultr.com

I'm more interested in genuine reviews of people who have used the product - have you used the product and what has your experience been like?  I just Googled Vultr and found reviews that indicate the customer support is poor.  I get the feeling they used to be very good at some or other point, and then went really big - and too big to provide quality support to their customers.  I'm sure you can find other similar priced hosting with better support. 

Bottom line, a good provider is always much more than just their hardware.  Having a really good ticket system with a fast turn around by technical staff who are knowledgeable about the product and empowered to help the customers is what makes the difference.  Looks as though Vultr is lacking in that if you check the reviews below:

https://hostadvice.com/hosting-company/vultr-reviews/

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/vultr.com
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Yes, I have used vultr and that's why i did the topic here.

Vultr used to have some issues with the payment methods, like declining cards for some unknown reason and the consumer service thing you speak of in your reply. They managed to solve like almost all of the issues which used to be annoying for most of the users, and are still working on it. It's like kinda obvio that they do have to deal with like lots of deployed machines, so these customer issue does happen at some point. You will find some Digital Ocean and OVH bad reviews too from some lads. So, the best option is to try their starter package and experience it Smile
(10-08-2018, 05:34 AM)Abinash Wrote: Yes, I have used vultr and that's why i did the topic here.

Vultr used to have some issues with the payment methods, like declining cards for some unknown reason and the consumer service thing you speak of in your reply. They managed to solve like almost all of the issues which used to be annoying for most of the users, and are still working on it. It's like kinda obvio that they do have to deal with like lots of deployed machines, so these customer issue does happen at some point. You will find some Digital Ocean and OVH bad reviews too from some lads. So, the best option is to try their starter package and experience it Smile

Those critical reviews that I posted are quite recent though.  Didn't sound solved at all.  Like exactly what service have you been using with Vultr?  Are you using it right now?  How long have you used it?  I definitely wouldn't compare Vultr with Digital Ocean and most of all not OVH.  Maybe you could get away with the discount arm of OVH Kimsufi, but not OVH.  They're in a total different league to Vultr.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Looking at some reviews regarding vultr, they say that it's kinda late support, and this is what exactly i have experienced with DO. Now what i actually meant to point out in my above reply is that they all lack at some point, like you won't really find a 100% best cloud server provider out there. You will also see some recent bad DO reviews too, so the thing you gotta do is to try the most cheapest package of any cloud server provider you would like and experience it yourself.
I do have VPS in Vultr.
The connection is good, the price is also good.
$2.50 is for 512MB and IPv6 only. But if you want IPv4 also, then go for the $3.50 package.

Their 1GB RAM same with DO, I guess no need to compare price with DO.

How about their support?
When I opened a ticket, their support is great, but if your ticket is not really high priority, you might need to wait until their support online.
BUT, they do have 24/7 support, sometimes I opened a ticket outside of their online support (wtf, their support hour is from 9PM until 6AM here). They do answer and solve my problem.

Their virtualization customs from your OS. I use Debian, the virtualization from hostnamectl is qemu. While I use Ubuntu, it's openvz and kvm, I forgot which one.
Port 25 blocked, but you can request to open it with open ticket and wanted to open port 25. I got my request accepted. You only need to say how much daily email and for what you want to use it.

Final words:
Vultr's VPS is pretty stable and fast. Their price is the most lowest price I've ever found with Singapore location. I would prefer them for Singapore location if you want to have cheap price with nice support.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
I don't know why but for some reason they just deny mine and one of my friend's card for no reason. I tried contacting my bank and they say that it's all fine, but vultr does not accept it.

I think i gotta agree with @deanhills that they really do need to work on these basic customers problematic things.
(10-13-2018, 03:52 AM)Abinash Wrote: I don't know why but for some reason they just deny mine and one of my friend's card for no reason. I tried contacting my bank and they say that it's all fine, but vultr does not accept it.

I think i gotta agree with @deanhills that they really do need to work on these basic customers problematic things.

Okay i don't think thats a problem in their end i mean vultr is working fine especially if it comes to processing money, there are certain reasons that your card is not working one of them could be International usage(including vbv), yes you read it right if your card is not authorized by your bank you can't use it to pay on websites who are using foreign payment gateways. Another thing it could be banned, as few banks card are not not accepted on some foreign payment gateways like qiwi its a russian bank allows everyone from the world to get a virtual account with a virtual visa card and these card won't work for most of payment gateways so yeah it could be your card is either banned or denied foreign usage. I suggest you to directly contact your bank's card division to look onto this matter.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
Well said. It could be my card, which is denied for foreign usage or something, but still i can make purchases from other sites. It's just vultr who declines it. Could be their issue as well because i have read such complains and reviews. Still, i will confirm this thing once again with my bank if it has to do with it.
(10-13-2018, 03:52 AM)Abinash Wrote: I don't know why but for some reason they just deny mine and one of my friend's card for no reason. I tried contacting my bank and they say that it's all fine, but vultr does not accept it.

My friend got this error too.
In the end, he used Paypal to pay.
Bank account to paypal, then paypal to Vultr.
And it works!

You should try using this method lol.
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting