arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Virmach  VPS 18 HostLease - Review
Introduction

I am Rehan, I am from Punjab Pakistan. I started my IT career in 2011. My progress is very slow but I am the person who believes “ nothing is impossible “. Alhamdulilah, I have reached here. I don’t leave a task incomplete, It does not matter how difficult it is.
It’s all about me. Now allow me to introduce the Saturn V. Yea I named it.

VPS Specifications

Disk Space: 75 GB SSD
RAM: 4 GB
IP Addresses: 1x IPv4
Virtualization: KVM
Monthly Traffic: 5 TB
Control Panel: Ask Admin
Windows: Yes.  VPS comes with full version of Windows with Windows license.
Connection: 1 Gbps
Provided by: Hostlease

Benchmark Test

All of the following information is taken by using Hidden Refuge's Benchmark Script 2.0.

Terminal

Benchmark started on Fri Sep  6 06:01:41 CEST 2019

System Info
-----------
Processor       : Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz
CPU Cores       : 2
Frequency       : 2094.924 MHz
Memory          : 3944 MB
Swap            : 4095 MB
Uptime          : 1 day, 9:04,
OS              : Ubuntu 18.10
Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
Kernel          : 4.18.0-10-generic

Benchmark Test with Geekbench

[Image: BMZI2ud.jpg]

[Image: bAVxXRl.jpg][Image: 4BAozdC.jpg]

Speed Test
Hidden Refuge's Benchmark Script 2.0. )

Terminal

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
---------------------
Your public IPv4 is **************

Location                Provider        Speed
CDN                     Cachefly        23.5MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          5.54MB/s
Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       7.27MB/s
Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       7.66MB/s
San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       7.42MB/s

Speed Test with Speedtest.net
I have performed some speed test with speedtest-cli.

[Image: cDSl94B.png]

• GEMTEL (Puebla, Mexico)
[Image: DuTVMK9.png]
  • NOW (Napier, New Zealand)
[Image: S8gwHSX.png]
  • Noel Communications (Yakima, WA, United States)
[Image: Px536g1.png]
  • Convergia Networks Inc (Lima, Peru)
[Image: qOaZG1P.png]
  • Grupo Solunet (Moreno, Argentina)
[Image: JME0uTj.png]

Control Panel

VPS 18 does not have any control panel. I thought that a VPS is useless without a control panel, but VPS 18 has totally changed my mind, I have installed all required things for my game-server and blog without any problem and running it successfully. In previous VPS's I used I faced many problems during packages installation and firewall settings. But VPS 18 is working very well. I had to face the server restart problem via the terminal in the past. I haven't tried the reboot command yet. But I believe that it will work.

Usage

I am currently using my VPS for a game server and running one WordPress blog. Everything is running very smoothly. I have installed everything easily without any problem. It makes me feel like it comes with branded packages. Just single line command installations. Heart everything.

Conclusion

I don't have words to say, Everything is over here. Support, performance and everything is mind-blowing. Words cannot express my feelings, nor my thanks for all your services. 
A big thanks to Post4VPS Staff especially @deanhills, @Pacific Spirit and @Hidden Refuge

Sorry for my bad English. It is my first review, sorry if I missed something.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  

this ubuntu version has a upload problem. it is locked at 4.16 m/bs
and some are like what i see here.

its annoyang.
(09-06-2019, 09:08 AM)perryoo11 Wrote: OS              : Ubuntu 18.10

this ubuntu version has a upload problem. it is locked at 4.16 m/bs
and some are like what i see here.

its annoyang.

Well, Honestly i have not face any problem yet.I am working on my VPS from 9 hours, and it is working very smoothly. I am not going to take any risk to test something on this great VPS. Actually Download/Upload speed is great for me cuz we Pakistani get only 2mbp download speed while it gives upload more than our download speed. :Tongue

This vps looks great but there is a problem as well on which i am focused today and i just noticed that problem here aswell.
The network speed is too slow as they are offering 1gbit connection and especially Upload one.
@deanhills i think network speed problem is normal in nowdays VPSs Tongue
i had a VPS from post4vps few months ago and that vps speed was impressive something like D/U 900/760
(09-07-2019, 01:40 AM)kabir145 Wrote: This vps looks great but there is a problem as well on which i am focused today and i just noticed that problem here aswell.
The network speed is too slow as they are offering 1gbit connection and especially Upload one.
i had a VPS from post4vps few months ago and that vps speed was impressive something like D/U 900/760

Hey hey hey!  Don't misquote me @kabir145  Crazy

You've only tried three VPSs, and I thought the third one you said you were happy with.  As far as I know VPS 18 connection speed has been more than OK for the VPS holders.  We have 2 VPS 18 in stock.

You first had VPS 10, which hadn't been used by post4vps in a long while (like maybe more than 2 years), and technically was almost dead - and we only discovered that once you had tried it. You provided evidence for the low speed. So we offered to put you on VPS 1 and you accepted that.  We definitely won't be offering VPS 10 to any one else.  We're trying to get the VPSs fixed and recreated with the sponsor.  I'm hoping for a same scenario like VPS 3, that at one point had also been dated, but has a super fast connection now.

You then returned with VPS 1 speed not OK and sent me evidence for that.  Note that every one's speed is not always the same relative to the ISP, so if someone else should also complain - which hasn't happened yet, we will investigate and offer to find them something else, or ask them to reapply for another VPS. We're careful with approaching the sponsor of VPS 1 in case he should remember his decision about taking the reseller away, but if every one had complained about the connection speed (not only you), then obviously we'd have done something about this. In your case VPSs 11 and 12 had just been fixed by the sponsor so I offered to help you with VPS 12.  Because I was also curious to receive feedback about VPS 12 performance.  You then indicated you were happy with the performance, or that is what I thought your feedback was.

In none of the cases did I say it was OK to have a low connection speed. If you thought that is what I said in any communication you misunderstood me.

Also, you can't judge your experience here by the VPSs you've used.  VPS 1 is a junior VPS.  VPS 10 not used in ages, and needs to be recreated by the sponsor.  And the only up to date VPS you tried was VPS 12.  Are you now saying VPS 12 has a low connection speed?  Like what is your definition then of adequate speed connection? Tongue
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(09-07-2019, 01:40 AM)kabir145 Wrote: This vps looks great but there is a problem as well on which i am focused today and i just noticed that problem here aswell.

I can confirm that VPS18 has reliable internet speed! Ie around> 50MB / s 
If you are not satisfied with the speed of the internet that fast, why you don't choose VPS 14?
Terminal
Solo Developer
(09-07-2019, 04:54 AM)chanalku91 Wrote: I can confirm that VPS18 has reliable internet speed! Ie around> 50MB / s 
If you are not satisfied with the speed of the internet that fast, why you don't choose VPS 14?

Something happened to the Singapore node with HostDoc, so we currently don't have access to VPS 14.  I only discovered that three days ago after someone had applied for VPS 14 and the reseller wouldn't allow me to create the VPS.  We're trying to sort that out with the sponsor.  If you check also, Singapore is no longer offered any more.  HostDoc had a really bad experience with OVH on Singapore, like wow, I feel sorry for them.  So any way, we're now on Finland and Australia.  And we have reseller issues.  So for now I wouldn't recommend Finland or VPS 14 Dallas until HostDoc has fixed the reseller panel and we have VPS 14 for sure. When I explained this to @Decent12 he still insisted he wanted to use VPS 13 Finland even without a panel.  So I'm hoping we'll get feedback from him about the performance of Finland VPS.  I'm also hoping that the VPSs and reseller of HostDoc's can be sorted out so they can be at least as good as they had been before the Singapore node went down.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Those speeds don't look impressive for a 1Gbps connection..are those the best speeds?
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
Hi all,

It’s 1Gbps Shared, so it can not always used in full. So we are doing our best to support our vps indeed.
(09-07-2019, 07:30 AM)Pacific Spirit Wrote: Hi all,

It’s 1Gbps Shared, so it can not always used in full. So we are doing our best to support our vps indeed.
Thank you so much for the information. I appreciate your efforts. It's high enough for me  Wink
(09-07-2019, 07:12 AM)Honey Wrote: Those speeds don't look impressive for a 1Gbps connection..are those the best speeds?

Well, Honey you are right it's low but high enough for me. Sometimes ping goes high but mostly it remains between 150 to 250, which is enough for me.

Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-18-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: fChk
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Evolution Host  VPS 10 Review
05-31-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Decent12
 Host4Fun  VPS 1 Review
05-11-2021, 10:34 PM
Last Post: fChk
04-30-2021, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting