arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the concept of Jitter in the network and what does it do?
What is Jitter and what are its uses? What is the difference between Jitter and Ping?
In this article, all these questions will be answered.
Note: that this article was written by me and one of my friends helped me to write this article and translate it, so if there is a problem in translating the article, please help me by sending a private message or sending a topic.
Today I want to explain the concept of jitter to post4vps members .
And before I start, I would like to ask those any want to use this article for their website please put this website address of the post4vps forum as  source on their website to get a useful backlink for this forum. Otherwise, your work is a theft, and I, as the author of this article, am not satisfied with your work.(copy without perm...).

Start the article

In very, very simple language, Jitter is the difference between the time our data packet passes from the moment it is sent to the network until it reaches its destination. To give a simpler example, look at two computers, either on an internal network or on a network with very large global dimensions, when they want to communicate with any communication device, whether a Telephone Tablet or even a website their communication is done through the transfer of information packets, these information packets remain on the network for a while to reach the destination, each information packet contains a header and footer and a number that is connected to the previous and next packet. The time it takes for this information packet to stay on the network to reach its destination is called latency.However, our information packages are not always received in a row and in order at the destination, but the information packages may be back and forth, and on the other hand, some information packages may be delayed by 20 milliseconds and others may be delayed. They reach their destination in 60 milliseconds, so there is a delay in normal networks and it doesn't cause any problems...This means that if you are watching an online news story or reading it, 20 milliseconds and 60 milliseconds is not much different for you and you can easily read it..The TCP // IP protocol itself is responsible for counteracting the impact of Jitter on networks. In networks used for VoIP communications, Jitter is very important, and if you send and receive data packets within 10 milliseconds. This delay should not be increased because the sound quality will be very low.
The shorter the delay, the better the quality of your service. In fact, when you want to send information from point A to point B, this information is sent in the form of information packets from point A to B at regular intervals.An information packet may reach in 20 milliseconds and an information packet in 10 milliseconds, and the next one in 60 milliseconds and this delay time is Jitter.

My purpose in posting this article was to help you understand the concept of Jitter in the shortest possible time.
Do not doubt that this article will be useful for you in the future and I hope this article has been useful for you.
If I haven't explained something and you know it, please teach us by sending a post in this thread. You can discuss in this thread.
Thank you for reading my article. I'm a writer, but I publish all my articles on my website, and this is the first article I've published on post4vps forum. Please give me reputation if this article is helpful.
good luck my friend's.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks Post4VPS
Oh this was a good read, good work on the article Smile!

I think it would also be useful to include the concept of parallel networks(I think that was what we called them) where a packet can take different routes, and timeout concept, then this article can be a quick network overview!
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
Having a low jitter help us increase quality of VoIP. Nice way to learn a term Jitter. I would like to know the answers to the question you have on intro. Hope you will explain what is a ping and how it is different from jitter.
Your writing skill is great !!??

Thank you  Sweet

you didn't tell us about ping. what is ping time ?

also you say "An information packet may reach in 20 milliseconds and an information packet in 10 milliseconds, and the next one in 60 milliseconds and this delay time is Jitter."

which "delay time" are you talking about ? what does it say about the network and how can we use this measure ?

its difference to the ping is very important to elucidate the concepts here.

tell me....

a) can average ping time be huge ( say 300ms) and jitter almost 0 ?
b) can ping time be normal ( commensurate with channel type and length ) and yet jitter very high ??

c) can ping time at successive trials always be very uniform in value and yet high jitter ?

How will data download speed be affected by jitter ? by ping time ? what's the effect of ping time on voice communication ?
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting