arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the definition of a cheap VPS provider?
@perryoo11
I'm curious as I can't see guidelines - if I've missed them please accept my apologies in advance. 

What is the definition of a cheap provider?  Like what is the maximum price per month and per year that I should pay for a VPS to qualify for a cheap VPS?  Since it obviously would depend on the specs, I'd be interested to know what is the maximum I should pay for the following approximate specs for a VPS with 512 GB RAM or 1GB RAM:

512 GB RAM/1GB RAM (1 CPU CORE)
15-20 plus Disk Space
Bandwidth  500 - 1TB
1 IPv 4

In addition.  I'm looking at VirMach Cheap Windows VPS - is 7 US$ p/m for a Windows VPS a cheap VPS?  If you check further - if one takes the VPS for a year then one gets two months discount. So in your opinion, would the VirMach Windows VPS of 7 US$ p/m qualify as a cheap VPS, and what are the qualifications in terms of the payments for a VPS to be considered a cheap VPS?  Here are the specifications of the VPS:
  • 1GB DDR3/4 RAM
  • [Image: cpu.png] 1 CPU vCORE
  • [Image: disk.png] 25-50GB SSD
  • [Image: network.png] 1.5TB @ 1GBPS
  • [Image: ip.png] 1+ DEDICATED IP
  • [Image: windows.png] WINDOWS 2012
  • [Image: 3d.png] 3D ACCELERATED
  • [Image: desktop.png] REMOTE DESKTOP
  • [Image: icon-copy.png] ADMIN ACCESS
Source: https://virmach.com/windows-remote-desktop-vps/

I'm thinking of getting one (well half thinking) as I'm tempted to teach myself Windows 2012.  I've never used a Windows VPS before and thought since I have some time I could use it constructively.

If any one else knows of competing packages, will be grateful to hear from you.  Just remember that in my opinion VirMach rocks with its VPSs.  Quality and a proven track record should also feature somewhere in the competing "cheap" VPS package.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Well Host4Fun offering below specs of 7 USD a month.
2GB Ram
2xCPU
100GB Space
2TB Bandwidth
Free Linux OS
Free Windows OS
Windows 2008R2
Windows 2012R2

Cool thing about this package is they have soo many locations to choose. Lenoir,Chicogo,Ashburn,Atlanta,Jacksonwille,Buffalo,LA,San jose, Dallas, Oregon, Canada, Poland, France, Germany, Serbia, UK, Singapore, Australia, Finland etc

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

IMHO a cheap VPS providers must have high specs but lower price compare to other VPS providers but you need to also consider if the VPS provider has a good reputations, there are many VPS providers out there that are new to the business and their offers are really eye catching but the question is does their services worth it even if it's low cost?
(06-21-2018, 12:24 PM)Vuluts Wrote: IMHO a cheap VPS providers must have high specs but lower price compare to other VPS providers but you need to also consider if the VPS provider has a good reputations, there are many VPS providers out there that are new to the business and their offers are really eye catching but the question is does their services worth it even if it's low cost?

Quality and Price always relative to each other. When it get cheap usually quality goes down along with price. It's not providers fault either. Plus it's hard to provide premium level support when price is so low as 5 usd per month. But there are plenty of VPS providers who offer good service and support for cheap these days. You can't expect fast support but usually their uptime is pretty good so not often you need to contact them for support.

Our Sponsor  ssdblaze.com offer some great VPS and dedi packages for cheap. Cheapest VPS package they offer is,
  • 2Core x 2.66GHz
  • 2 GB DDR3
  • 15GB RAID1
  • 500GB Bandwith
  • $3.99 per Month.
Now if you can pay 7 usd per month you can get 4 GB DDR3, 25GB RAID1, 1TB Which is even better IMO. I have been using VPS2 for a while now, which has been sponsored by them. I have no complains about it. Very Good Provider IMO.

Agreed with @xdude i have been using SSDblaze services since they lanched and i would say its cheapest then any other KVM provider.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
(06-21-2018, 11:40 AM)xdude Wrote: Well Host4Fun offering below specs of 7 USD a month.
2GB Ram
2xCPU
100GB Space
2TB Bandwidth
Free Linux OS
Free Windows OS
Windows 2008R2
Windows 2012R2

Cool thing about this package is they have soo many locations to choose. Lenoir,Chicogo,Ashburn,Atlanta,Jacksonwille,Buffalo,LA,San jose, Dallas, Oregon, Canada, Poland, France, Germany, Serbia, UK, Singapore, Australia, Finland etc
Thanks for the feedback @xdude.  When I checked VirMach almost all of its locations except for Phoenix and Seattle (limited supply) were unavailable for their Cheap Windows VPS Offer. Compared with Host4Fun Host4Fun is definitely ahead with locations. Which location do you have?  I checked out the IPs relative to my ISP and surprisingly the German location IP came up with no response - maybe just the test IP that is defunct?  Of the locations available France is the best.  Netherlands OK.  Looks very solid. 

Oops!  When I explored an order noticed that the OS for Windows is a Trial Version?  Does this mean that the Windows OS isn't really free?

(06-22-2018, 06:55 AM)xdude Wrote: Our Sponsor  ssdblaze.com offer some great VPS and dedi packages for cheap. Cheapest VPS package they offer is,
  • 2Core x 2.66GHz
  • 2 GB DDR3
  • 15GB RAID1
  • 500GB Bandwith
  • $3.99 per Month.
Now if you can pay 7 usd per month you can get 4 GB DDR3, 25GB RAID1, 1TB Which is even better IMO. I have been using VPS2 for a while now, which has been sponsored by them. I have no complains about it. Very Good Provider IMO.
Thanks very much for the tip.  It definitely looks very attractive.  Any idea about their locations?  Is Dallas Texas the only one?  As they don't have any info (maybe I missed it?) on their locations.  I also didn't see anything about a Windows VPS. 
https://ssdblaze.com/servers/
Terminal
Cheap VPS at the time of Black Friday deals worth it than buying cheap VPS at this time. Right now you might not be able to find the cheap VPS of a reputable company. Cheapest can't be always reliable, cheapest was GalaxyHostPlus too, but servers were great but they ended up very badly. What if someone bought a VPS for a year and company closes after two months? Anything can happen.

I will recommend two good companies that i am using currently now, which are also cheap and very stable, reliable.

1. VirMach
Windows VPS at Black Friday time was for about $40-$50/year with 8 GB RAM and 20 GB SSD. This was a real good steal if those who got it, at flash sale. You might have to keep refreshing page every hour but it worth it. Windows VPS with 512 MB RAM and 1 GB RAM is useless in my opinion. However i got their Linux VPS with 3 GB RAM and 20 GB SSD, for $14/year. Using right now and its really good!

2. HostBastic
Bought Linux VPS from them at Black Friday time, for about $22/year with crypto-currencies. 2 GB RAM, 10 GB SSD, with unlimited bandwidth. Their server is also very stable, never faced any downtime. Their datacenter is OVH with France location, so really good for people that prefers VPS in Europe.

VirMach is a large company and reputable, so yeah you can always GO with them. About HostBastic i am not sure if its a big company but their SUPPORT team is very friendly, and have always helped me with every problem.
@deanhills

I bought my Host4fun KVM couple of years back when they have started sponsoring vps here. First I bought a UK VPS from one of those promos they had. This location was important to my Work. I use it for web browsing for SEO purpose and also to manage some social-media profiles. Later they moved it to France location because they stop using UK. Now they have UK location again. I thought about asking them to move me back but those social media accounts are already established in current location so I don't have mess it.

Windows Template thing goes only 2 ways. Few providers ask you to bring Windows License and rest let you use the Windows Trial. I have been using Windows Trial in mine since I have started using very first Windows KVM. Some providers reset the trial by them selves and others let you to to it. Both Host4Fun and ssdblaze let you use Windows Trial. I know this because I use KVM from both these providers. I'm 100% sure VirMach use Trial too. There is noway they offer Windows License for a VPS which is just 7 usd per month. Basically everyone use the Trial with few exceptions.

The best time to buy a cheap VPS is when Black Friday Promos start. Usually reputed providers offer really good vps for very low prices. Also sometimes you can get even better offer from a new or unknown providers. Unless you have very serious stuff sometimes its worth giving a new provider a try. You can get is very low and since you pay monthly you can move to another if you are not happy. But check if they have bad reputation about handling clients. I usually check Web Hosting Talk Forum for Black Friday offers.

@Lampard Many thanks for the suggestions - I'd completely forgotten about Black Friday coming up one of these days. I'll check it out then. I'm still thinking of VirMach but will wait until their Europe locations are available again - maybe when Black Friday arrives. I checked out Hostbastic - I probably should make inquiries there about Windows VPS but as far as I could see looks as though they are all Linux OS and when I checked further looks as though they are out of stock for now. I couldn't find any info about the locations there as well. I'm getting this "out of stock" at VirMach too particularly for the locations I'm interested in.

@xdude Thank you for your detailed feedback. Wow. That is very helpful indeed. Also thanks for the mention about the trial. That is best information for me. Together with your experience of the locations. Strangely enough I find the same. Sometimes the London IP relative to my ISP is fast, but at other times slow. France used to be slow, but all of a sudden when I tried the IPs at host4fun it responded faster. Think I should take your and Lampard's advice and wait for good deals during Black Friday.
Terminal
(06-22-2018, 03:14 PM)Lampard Wrote: VirMach is a large company and reputable, so yeah you can always GO with them. About HostBastic i am not sure if its a big company but their SUPPORT team is very friendly, and have always helped me with every problem.

Agree with you about VirMach and I know their servers are stable.

Never tried HostBastic before but it seems you got a great offer from them. Also good to know that they accept cryptocurrency payments. Will add this provider to my watch list. Thanks for sharing the good providers you are currently using, and it should be quite useful information for the next servers I am going to buy.

Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting