arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your favorite CMS system?
For CMS System, I will recommend MyBB is best for all Purpose!
Good and best work.
Servzen.com | Premium Hosting Provider!
Fast, secure and affordable plans | VPS Hosting | Shared Hosting.
(04-29-2018, 07:42 AM)HarisHayat Wrote: For CMS System, I will recommend MyBB is best for all Purpose!
Good and best work.
myBB is probably the most popular Forum software, but I don't find it necessarily the best and easiest to use.  I don't find it's themes easy to work with including trying to modify the templates.  phpBB is a great example of a good way for installing styles and extensions.  I haven't installed anything at phpBB yet that has broken a style or didn't work with a style as the Admin at the phpBB Community Forum are quite strict with testing their styles first to high quality standards, before styles are posted on the phpBB Board.  As far as I can see myBB is quite relaxed with themes being posted at myBB Community Forum and you may hit bad luck with themes that aren't always compatible with all of the plugins as the plugins are designed to work with the myBB default theme only.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I've been using Weebly before, for CMS creating website. Does anyone using it too?
(05-03-2018, 05:08 PM)Vuluts Wrote: I've been using Weebly before, for CMS creating website. Does anyone using it too?

I used Weebly when i was new into web development but then i ended up using it since these type of CMS are very limited and you can't do much with them. I like using Wordpress since there is something more you can do with that.
I tried Weebly a few years back - 2012, and it never got off the ground as it was much too limited for me. Didn't look professional enough either. In the end I went with WordPress and taught myself how to create a static website from WordPress CMS. I checked through some YouTube tutorials at the time, and remember I did an hour tutorial with Tyler Moore learning all of the basics step by step. I haven't looked back since then and have been using WordPress for all of my sites since then.
Terminal
Hmm, Jekyll always wins it for me. Its just quick and snappy without fancy overhead that unnecessarily slows stuff down. Also all done from command line so no need to fiddle with GUI with clicking buttons and stuff and waiting for it to load, just type and be done. For a software that is Jekyll I find it really easy to operate and its not hard on system or memory, also a perk as it integrate nicely with GitHub - they made the software after all.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
Same , I still love WordPress. It's very easy to use and you don't need coding skills.
Thanks so much to PostVps.com and Host4Fun.com for the great experience of VPS 1  !
I was totally impressed with WordPress today. Like it's come a very long way and probably due to Admin there who are working very hard to sort out all of the conflicts. Previously WordPress was very sensitive to php version changes. Going from one version to another could easily break plugins or themes. However, when we upgraded our php from 5.6 to 7.1 today at another Forum, my WordPress sites were completely untouched by the change. What particularly blew me away, is when I checked the modules the max execution time was only 30 seconds. However, my plugins in WordPress were completely unfazed by it. The plugin that was important with that was the backup plugin, and it worked completely OK with the 30 seconds. Totally impressed me. Smile
Terminal
(07-30-2018, 10:28 PM)deanhills Wrote: I was totally impressed with WordPress today. Like it's come a very long way and probably due to Admin there who are working very hard to sort out all of the conflicts. Previously WordPress was very sensitive to php version changes. Going from one version to another could easily break plugins or themes. However, when we upgraded our php from 5.6 to 7.1 today at another Forum, my WordPress sites were completely untouched by the change. What particularly blew me away, is when I checked the modules the max execution time was only 30 seconds. However, my plugins in WordPress were completely unfazed by it. The plugin that was important with that was the backup plugin, and it worked completely OK with the 30 seconds. Totally impressed me. Smile

You are right, i am using WooCommerce, and it had lot of plugins. Even i moved it PHP 7.2 but i had some other resources that is not WordPress so was forced to run that on 5.6 PHP version. Though it ran really good on PHP 7.2
Say why do people like WordPress so much anyway? I know it's good but people keep recommending it over and over again which sometimes gets annoying. I can't find a reason to justify how people are liking it so much.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
09-20-2020, 07:00 PM
Last Post: tbelldesignco

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting