arrow_upward

Poll: Which OS is Best for VPS?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Windows
0%
Linux
100.00%
Total
7 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which OS is Best for VPS?
Question 
Should do you use A Windows VPS or A Linux VPS?

I use 3 Linux VPS and 1 Windows VPS.
Your question does not make any sense. If you need an RDP to work in a windows environment then windows are your only option. But if you need to host your site app or API then you can do more conveniently using Linux. Just install ubuntu there are trillions of tutorials available on how to set up linux.
In my care I am learning laravel and need to test my web app before I put it into production.
Thank you to post4vps and HostDare for my awesome VPS 12!
Check My first ever opensource project Alpana Blood Donation Drive .
I always use Linux based free operating system in VPSs, especially CentOS. I also use Ubuntu sometimes, but I am much familiar with CentOS.
I think someone will choose the best for him by his own experise with an operating system. The cost, updates and support systems are high for windows while Linux based OS will have less cost, updates and support. Windows may be easy for some, but for me I like the SSH way of doing things.
Also there may be differences based on requirements, some softwares may not be available for both OS. You may need to select the OS based on it.
My comment is based on my experience.

Thank you  Sweet

Well, let's say that Linux server are the most popular out there... I mean I think that the 90% of the running server on the world are powered by Linux, or to be more specific Debian/Ubuntu or RHEL.
I have seen few Windows-based server and they are used internally as a Identity Login or something related to ASP.NET.

There is no a right answer for your questions because it depends on what you want to do: linux is far more way documentated and you can do mostly everythinh, it is free and open source. Windows Server is a industry standards for some workloads that no common vps holder should care about.

But... I can't force my thought on you! You use whatever you want and tell us your experience.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
Most of the time I use Linux-based VPS, with Ubuntu OS installed. Sometimes I also use Fedora OS, Debian or CentOS.

Generally Linux consumes less resources than Windows. So it should be the preferred choice unless your VPS is sufficiently powerful. Smile

I hope this thread was written a little better!
So anyways, Coming to your question.
It totally depends on you and your usage as well, If you are really familiar with Windows Enviroment you should maybe stick to it, But if you wish to switch to linux and learn that would be totally over you. but alot of things work more better on linux if it's supported because as @tryp4vps said, linux conmuses less resources than Windows. You can get Linux VPS much cheaper than Windows, Because some hosting idk requires you to have a licence or anything.
For me, It has always been VPS for hosting and Windows for Gaming. Game servers work soo much better on Linux!
My vote goes for Linux all the way!
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

For me, it's CentOS on each of my VPSes. I know CentOS mainstream has been decommissioned, however, the CentOS 7 end-of-life is still far away, and it's convenient for me to use CentOS as I'm quite used to it. Even on the VPS where I use a desktop environment to test my GUI applications, I use CentOS with xRDP. It's a really good choice. Smile
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Well, It depends on your choice and usage as well but if you are asking what is our personal then i would go with linux any day for VPS since i am more comfortable with using command line in VPSs with linux OS since i got used to it and i am not much familar with windows commands,
Linux duh, unless you have some special cases, its not advisable to go Window since it has so much overhead. It would need a somewhat beefy to run a Windows server. Also the learning curve is steep.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
It's Always Depends on Usage and machine specification.

Mostly Office Servers Based on Windows because the other connected PC's are Windows OS operated. and to collect data from other PC's via windows interface is necessary to install windows server to know file systems and software. specially when you only need to make a small office setup which not connected globally.
Because Windows is not so efficient and secure as Linux in server and network connection globally. with very secure options.
Linux server is totally based on a valid visible active user and registered as a root user from initial installation. that is not available in windows server what ever name you choose and install software from another user and a peak piracy involved even in my country no one can buy windows.
everyone use crack/patch.
Linux is more and more secure to make a VPS server, a VPN server, a Web server and many many more which connected to worldwide safely.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting